The 2011 big board

uri1411
uri1411's picture
The 2011 big board

I think Josh Selby deserves a higher rank then the 37 he's at. maybe Corey Joseph too.

jeff416
I think Selby should be in

I think Selby should be in the top 10 he's alot better than 37 though. And where is Will Barton and Tobias Harris? They should both be on there and they should both be in the top 30.

delfam
delfam's picture
Tobias Harris should be

Tobias Harris should be there, he has all the skill to be the best player in this class, his problem is he's a tweener like Beasley. Selby has talent but I'm still not sure he can be a PG.

Wreckless
Wreckless's picture
Fab Melo? If he left after

Fab Melo? If he left after one year it would be sad, but there is a lack of bigmen in this draft...

JNixon
JNixon's picture
I wouldn't be surprised if

I wouldn't be surprised if Selby was a late 1st rounder at all...He's a combo guard and he seems like a 2 year player more than a true 1 and done. His HS hype will get him picked higher than 37 though I agree.

CelticJayhawk
it really doesn't matter if

it really doesn't matter if Selby can play the point full time or not he's going to be a lockdown defender this year cause if he's not he wont play under Self..I'm not sure i see much difference between Selby and a guy like Westbrook who needed two years and didnt play point cause he played with Collison. If any PG should stay two years, it's Knight. That dude's slow man i saw him at the Jordan game he was slow and turned it over a lot..and in high school, i dont care how bad people say his team is you dont put up 30-35 shots a game..can't make his teammates better, defiantly not OAD material in my book. Irvings the best out of all of them, but I heard both him and Barnes want to stay two years. Selby should be top 15.

Chad Ford has Selby at number 7 i believe..but he's dumb, so it doesn't matter.

delfam
delfam's picture
I love Kendal Marshall, if he

I love Kendal Marshall, if he gets playing time I see him becoming a great passing point guard, he probably won't get drafted high when he leaves but I see him being productive in the NBA.

Mr.Knick 32
Mr.Knick 32's picture
Chad Ford has Selby at number

Chad Ford has Selby at number 7 i believe..but he's dumb, so it doesn't matter.

How is he dumb? Really? He got like 17 of 30 picks in the 1st round right. Come on, stop that he's dumb talk

JNixon
JNixon's picture
I guarantee you Brandon

I guarantee you Brandon Knight will be a better pro prospect and long-term player than Josh Selby will. He's not all that fast, but at his size does he have to be? He's definitely not slow either, don't be fooled. Knight has everything you want in a PG, and he's the best perimeter defender in the 2010 class. I know you like KU just by reading your name, but don't let your bias fool you.

JNixon
JNixon's picture
Hell yeah, I have a renewed

Hell yeah, I have a renewed respect for Chad Ford now lol. He was on the money during the draft.

Windy City Assassin
Does anyone think that Peyton

Does anyone think that Peyton Siva,Abdul Gaddy & Kenny Boynton can have a breakout year & end up on this big board list?

delfam
delfam's picture
Boynton shoots to much so I'd

Boynton shoots to much so I'd say no, Siva is alittle undersized and isn't a good enough passer, and Gaddy is playing with Isiah Thomas so he won't get the ball enough.

I thin Gaddy has a lot of potential and he will reach it in the NBA, but until that he'll be like Jrue Holiday playing the 2 guard when your position is PG.

Windy City Assassin
I hate the fact that Gaddy

I hate the fact that Gaddy has to play out of position, due to Thomas' lack of size. Thomas almost has to have the ball in his hands to be effective so that takes away from Gaddy's game.

JNixon
JNixon's picture
Gaddy needs more polish to be

Gaddy needs more polish to be an actual true draft prospect. He has a raw skill level and isn't really good at anything right now. He's just tall for a PG and a quick and fluid athlete right now.

Siva has a chance, but he's probably a 2012 prospect. He's athletic and quick, and a very good shooter. He needs to continue to polish his playmaking ability, but he's not a bad passer by any stretch. Also needs to defend better, as that is the reason he didn't play much last year. He has that flashy style of play that makes his stand out though.

Boynton is a chucker, but if he gets more efficient he could be a 2011 or 2012 prospect. He defends pretty well too, so thats a plus. He's not more than a scorer off the bench though in the NBA. The best prospect on Florida is Chandler Parsons, LOOK OUT FOR HIM NEXT YEAR. He's the closest thing I've seen to Mike Miller, not Gordon Hayward.

Windy City Assassin
Mark my words you will hear

Mark my words you will hear Boynton's name on the draft radar as an early entrant prospect by tournament time. Jorrye you took the words right out of my mouth about Gaddy. He doesn't stand out on the floor for doing anything, he has to find himself as a player who's known for something whether it's passing,scoring or defending well on the defensive end. As long as Thomas is controlling the PG duties he will jus be another player that's on the court you forget about.

JNixon
JNixon's picture
Boynton is too

Boynton is too one-dimensional for me to say he's for sure a 1st rounder next year, he has to get more efficient. I wouldn't be surprised if he delcared next year and went either in the 2nd round or went undrafted.

Wreckless
Wreckless's picture
Why are gys knocking on

Why are guys knocking on brandon knight? Hes way better than selby and isnt to far from Irving
And i dunno know if Harrison barnes is a total 1 and done prospect though.

Windy City Assassin
Boynton could be the Bledsoe

Boynton could be the Bledsoe of this year's draft class IMO.

Windy City Assassin
I also believe that this may

I also believe that this may be the largest guard heavy draft in NBA history with all the projected talent.

CelticJayhawk
AMEN on chandler parsons mr

AMEN on chandler parsons mr big shot for UF if knight was smart he would have gone to Florida him and Boynton teared it up for 2-3 years on AAU circuit.

The thing with Knight is he's been hyped for so long i think a lot of people, including myself, look for negatives in his game. I don't think he's better then Selby (although i think Selby is a better fit for UK and Knight a better fit for KU) because Selby is the best scorer in the class, is the best athlete, and has underrated point guard skills. He might be 6'3 in shoes, but i doubt it. He's Westbrook 2.0 if he stays in college for two years.

RSS: Syndicate content