This topic contains 10 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar Bmore_DC 5 years, 4 months ago.

• Author
    Dazzling Dunks and Basketball Bloopers
    Participant

This is a completely random and hypothetical question but let’s say in a few years Zion decides he’s sick of basketball and wants to give pro football a try. Do you think an nfl team would be willing to offer him a contract even though he’s never played football at the high school or college level?

It seems kind of ridiculous to suggest that someone with basically no organized football experience could walk right into the nfl, but Zion might be the best overall natural athlete I’ve ever seen and his body type and athleticsm could potentially make him one of the best tight ends or defensive backs to ever play the game if you could teach him the nuances of the game pretty quickly. LSU was reportedly prepared to offer him a full football scholarship even though he never played in HS. 

I know zion is the front runner to go first in the draft this year and his future almost certainly will be in the nba. But I can’t help but watch him on the court sometimes and just wonder what he could potentially do on a football field if given the opportunity. What do you think?

zcnumerouno
    Participant

There are only a few people on this planet that could do that, and IMO Zion is one of them.

I don’t know how good he would be because he’d have to learn the sport entirely, but you can’t teach his combination of size/strength/speed/athleticism.

If I was an NFL team in this hypothetical scenario, I would train him as a defensive end. Imagine this 6’7", 285 pound behemoth with his speed and strength rushing the quarterback? Scary.

lakesideben
    Participant

When I was a kid NFL players used to do gigs in the summertime to supplement their income. I watched a Harlem Globetrotters team that was mixed with Vikings players take on a group of alums in a small gym in a small town in Minnesota. Linebacker Chris Doleman was in his prime and that was the most impressive display of athleticism I have seen live. It’s just nuts that Zion is bigger and more athletic and 6 months out of high school. No doubt he could play multiple positions, but absolutely no reason to do it.

HobbyOG
    Participant

Antonio Gates did it. 

juves4783
      Participant

mo alie-cox,  ross travis, rico gathers, demetrius harris

Memphis Madness
    Participant

If I were Vince McMahon I would offer him a lifetime WWE contract.  Zion Williamson could be the new Hulk Hogan. 

Mopgrass
      Participant

If I were Vince McMahon I would invest in a real sport. Not male soap opera.   

HeroescantdieHeroescantdie
    Heroescantdie
    Participant

I remember him seeing on TV for the Miami U, then after a while I thought he was in Gleague but to my surprise he was in the NFL team on green bay packers I think 

Insane13
    Participant

Does anybody else thing liangelo should try this if anybody does ? He most likely won’t make it to the nba and also has the genetics of a former nfl player even though Labor didn’t play long lol. I think he would be a great te though honestly.  

Mopgrass
    Participant

As a lineman, I could take him. I mean, if I was driving a car.  

Bmore_DC
    Participant

For sure. The nfl has some great athletes. But we all know where the greatest athletes on earth go…

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login