This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar Dazzling Dunks and Basketball Bloopers 3 years, 2 months ago.

• Author
    Choppy
    Participant

I was watching highlights of Saddiq Bey’s 7/7 from 3 against Boston and was amazed at how quick his release looks. Other players look so slow when they’re taking shots, but his were out of his hands so quickly. Which got me thinking, who has the quickest shot in the NBA currently? I don’t know if there’s been a study done of it, but I thought I’d ask the forum to get some opinions.

1+
    NorrinRaddNorrinRadd
    NorrinRadd
    Participant

Interesting topic! Not sure, but out of accurate shooters, I would bet on either of the Curry’s, and Lillard to be up there.

2+
    armchairgmarmchairgm
    armchairgm
    Participant

I remember working out Jay Williams at Impact Academy when he was trying to make his comeback and he had the most compact quickest shot I have ever seen up close.

In a 2017 study Kyle Korver was found to have the quickest release in the NBA at .76 seconds, Klay Thompson and Buddy Hield were .77 seconds, Kevin Love .79 seconds and JJ Reddick .82 seconds .

4+
    Choppy
    Participant

From the eye test, Curry’s shot looks quick. I honestly wouldn’t have thought Love’s shot was that quick. Korver’s shot doesn’t look that quick either to me, but perhaps that’s why he’s so good, he’s deceptive.

1+
    Dazzling Dunks and Basketball Bloopers
    Participant

I’ve seen both klay Thompson and Anthony morrow experiment with a release where they could literally catch the ball and shoot it from 3 in one motion without even setting or bringing it down into a shooting position. It almost looked like a volleyball set shot but the mechanics would still be sound. Of course, to shoot the ball this way accurately you have to have an incredibly strong base do about 95% of your work before you catch the ball. This wasn’t necessarily either players “normal shot” and is probably a little to sped up for my liking, but they could both do it fairly regularly and accurately.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login