This topic contains 14 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar OhCanada- 2 years, 11 months ago.

• Author
    OhCanada-
    Participant

Problem is this years draft has a fairly consensus Top 6 and Toronto will more than likely pick 7th or 8th. Assuming Toronto does not move up or trade the pick who does Toronto select in the draft?

Top 6

Cunningham
    Mobley
    Suggs
    Green
    Kuminga
    Barnes

I made this thread on the realgm Raptors board and heres the results.

https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=2079998

1+
    Zouldiers
    Participant

Moses Moody. BPA

armchairgmarmchairgm
    armchairgm
    Participant

Keon Johnson

RUDEBOY-
    Participant

In this draft I think it’ll come down to fit. U couldn’t go wrong with a number of guys Moody,Wagner,Kai,Keon. But I think after the Super 6 Jalen Johnson & Zaire Williams r the most talented.

1+
    NorrinRaddNorrinRadd
    NorrinRadd
    Participant

Jalen Johnson is my BPA at 7. Your top 6 there OHCANADA is spot on!

1+
    bt102bt102
    bt102
    Participant

Me who has Barnes at 9…..LOL

Honestly I’m going Josh Giddey. I have him at 6. Hes tearing it up in the NBL and if he goes to a really good situation that can help fix his shot then watch out. I really like Flynn so idk if you would go Davion Mitchell but I also do like Franz Wagner, Keon Johnson, or Moses Moody.

2quick4u
    Participant

Usman Garuba.
    This kid is absurdly underrated, he’s already playing at the highest level with Real Madrid.. he’s a monster defensively and he’s by far the best defender in this class being able to guard every position. In my opinion he could become a taller and way more athletic Draymond Green.

He’s just improving every game and by Draft time he’ll climb boards fast. No way this kid is not a TOP 10, at least..

RUDEBOY-
    Participant

garuba reminds me of a kenneth faried,but with a better feel for the game and better passer! i think his range is 14 to 20.

2quick4u
      Participant

You are gonna get surprised.. Garuba is way longer, way better defender and way more versatile than Faried… plus Garuba’s shot is improving fast and can actually hit triples..

Many teams are going to regret not taking this kid if he falls.. again, he’s playing big minutes for a top team like Real Madrid and was recently named best young player in Europe..

1+
        OhCanada-
        Participant

I think Charlotte will be seriously considering picking Garuba at 11. They need an anchor defensively and have enough talented gaurds to turn Garuba into a roll/lob threat from day one. His jumpshot is very slow and needs work but they have all the time in the world. He would just has to develop at a similar rate as LaMelo.

BKGingerSnap
    Participant

I think Josh Giddey is the pick at 7 for most teams. Giddey brings so much to the game offensively and can fit in right away with any nba team. He also has Lamelo like passes every now and then and every team can benefit from that.

3+
      OhCanada-
      Participant

I think you maybe right. Especially if its Toronto picking. They tend to stay far away from players with character issues.

1+
      Choppy
      Participant

I hope Giddey goes 7.

1+
    Hitster
    Participant

Looking at the team at full fitness the biggest long term needs are probably PG and C but the BPA’s are in the other positions mainly SG and SF. All the choices above make sense and I agree with them. Plus the drafted guy if he was in one of those positions could play around FVV, OG and Siakam so would be in a good position to learn and be developed steadily.

Giddey and Mitchell at PG both are options but if they might be available at say number 10 then a trade down could be an option.
    Garuba is a reach but the sort of player team’s seem to like but he may be available lower down.
    Kai Jones is the only other legit big option in their draft range and Corey Kispet is the NBA ready guy who’d be a perfect 6th man fit.

bt102bt102
    bt102
    Participant

The only way I see them going Kispert is if they fall in the draft or are absolutely certain none of these top freshman are any good.

1+

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login