This topic contains 20 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar Sharp Shooter 10 years, 9 months ago.

• Author
    KreedOne
    Participant

If you were the warriors gm how do you fill out the remaining spots on the team? they still have their MLE to spend as well, and it seems that they wont be taking jarret jack back from what he tweeted today
    PG- curry
    SG- thompson/bazemore
    SF- iguodala/barnes/green
    PF- lee/jones
    C- bogut/ezeli
    did some math and they have 59.66 Million of salary between these players

KreedOne
    Participant

Left out their rookie pg nemanja nedovic

phila9012
      Participant

they dont have a way of bringing him this year so they will have to do that next year according to

Tim Kawakami: Right now the GSWs don’t have the cap space to fit this year’s No. 1 Nemanja Nedovic this season. Unless that changes, 1 more year in Europe

fastdan
        Participant

Incorrect. You can always sign your draft picks, regardless of your payroll.

Choppy
          Participant

Yes, you can, but it still counts against the cap. It would still potentially put them into luxury tax if they brought Nedovic over.

Choppy
          Participant

Yes, you can, but it still counts against the cap. It would still potentially put them into luxury tax if they brought Nedovic over.

phila9012
          Participant

incorrect, the picks have a cap hold that counts against the cap and the warriors probably had to cancel that cap hold so they could sign iguodala. Which means they will probably be bringing him over next year. The spurs used the mid level exception to bring tiago splitter over 3 years ago. Second round picks dont count against the cap, first round picks do which is why teams sometimes give away first round picks for more cap space

phila9012
          Participant

incorrect, the picks have a cap hold that counts against the cap and the warriors probably had to cancel that cap hold so they could sign iguodala. Which means they will probably be bringing him over next year. The spurs used the mid level exception to bring tiago splitter over 3 years ago. Second round picks dont count against the cap, first round picks do which is why teams sometimes give away first round picks for more cap space

fastdan
        Participant

Incorrect. You can always sign your draft picks, regardless of your payroll.

phila9012
      Participant

they dont have a way of bringing him this year so they will have to do that next year according to

Tim Kawakami: Right now the GSWs don’t have the cap space to fit this year’s No. 1 Nemanja Nedovic this season. Unless that changes, 1 more year in Europe

KreedOne
    Participant

Left out their rookie pg nemanja nedovic

WITNESS2014
    Participant

They obviously need a back up pg. And maybe another big man for insurance on Bogut. I think the warriors should start barnes at sf and bring Iggy in off the bench. When Barnes comes back in he can slide to SG for Thompson. They could have a great wing rotation with those 3 guys. Maybe the could get collison in free agency to back Curry.

WITNESS2014
    Participant

They obviously need a back up pg. And maybe another big man for insurance on Bogut. I think the warriors should start barnes at sf and bring Iggy in off the bench. When Barnes comes back in he can slide to SG for Thompson. They could have a great wing rotation with those 3 guys. Maybe the could get collison in free agency to back Curry.

sheltwon3
    Participant

You forgot Kevin Murphy

Also it appears Howard may get traded to GSW for Barnes, Bogut, and some picks.

Barnes will be the new face of the Lakers and will be trained by Kobe.

WITNESS2014
      Participant

I take it that you haven’t seen how the rockets are getting Dwight. So explain to me how Barnes will be a Laker?

WITNESS2014
      Participant

I take it that you haven’t seen how the rockets are getting Dwight. So explain to me how Barnes will be a Laker?

sheltwon3
    Participant

You forgot Kevin Murphy

Also it appears Howard may get traded to GSW for Barnes, Bogut, and some picks.

Barnes will be the new face of the Lakers and will be trained by Kobe.

Chilbert arenas
    Participant

3rd official post by sheltwon assuming the lakers and the warriors are going to conduct a sign and trade involving Dwight Howard since the news broke about him joining the Rockets.

Chilbert arenas
    Participant

3rd official post by sheltwon assuming the lakers and the warriors are going to conduct a sign and trade involving Dwight Howard since the news broke about him joining the Rockets.

Sharp Shooter
    Participant

I just don’t’ see the warriors paying iguodala all that money and have him come off the bench. Also I think that they have invested in Klay Thompson and Barnes for the future and I dont’ see harnes or thompson coming off the bench anytime soon. I think their is a trade in the works….either way GSW is headed in a nice direction

Sharp Shooter
    Participant

I just don’t’ see the warriors paying iguodala all that money and have him come off the bench. Also I think that they have invested in Klay Thompson and Barnes for the future and I dont’ see harnes or thompson coming off the bench anytime soon. I think their is a trade in the works….either way GSW is headed in a nice direction

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login