This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar Tar86ek 3 years, 5 months ago.

• Author
    g_p21
    Participant

Utah Jazz Trade: Mike Conley
    New York Knicks Trade: Dennis Smith Jr & Julius Randle

Benefits for Utah: Explosive rim running Power Forward that has shown the ability to hit the mid range jumper. Athletic combo guard that is a threat to drive and dish. Both of these players can thrive with a change of scenery to a smaller market.

Benefit for New York: Veteran point guard that can mentor the youth. One year stop gap starter with an expiring contract.

1+
    bt102bt102
    bt102
    Participant

The Jazz want to compete and do not Randle. They are keeping Conley. Horrible trade.

1+
    sniper
    Participant

I think the Knicks wll either draft a PG or they will give the Smith/Ntilikina combo another year and hope one of them figures out how to play the position. If they want a veteran point guard to mentor the youth, they can sign someone near the end of their career for cheap. Payton is practically a veteran at this point anyway. Conley doesn’t make the Knicks much better, but he takes minutes away from whoever the Knicks future PG is.

Tar86ek
      Participant

As a Knicks fan, I don’t want Conley. The jazz can keep him. If his contract was pro rated he would really be getting 70 million per year since he is always injured. I’d also would not trade Randle who is on a good contract for a washed up Conley look up Randles numbers and compare it to someone else’s stats. I bet the other person is making 25 million. I would include him in a package for a star player though.

Tar86ek
    Participant

Whoever gets Harry Giles will get a steal. He’s a passing forward who is mobile. November 22 and no one signed him. He’s 22 yo and a baby.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login