This topic contains 45 replies, has 32 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar Mkadoza 13 years, 9 months ago.

• Author
    Malik-Universal
    Participant

we had one about favortite, how about one u would like to forget…. not to stir up shi+, just wonderin

from nba, college, anywhere

Malik-Universal
    Participant

for nba, mine is when the pistons blew a 9 point game seven lead in the 05 nba finals to the spurs, that stung very bad
    college: dont have one just yet, one of them is when michigan state lost to butler in the final 4
    personal: my freshmen coach said that i suck at basketball in front of the team right in my face after i messed up on sumthin, very embarrsing, but a great motivator though.

JNixon
    Participant

When Butler beat Kansas State in the Elite 8 this year….I REALLY wanted us to get to the Final 4. Damn it. Flashback lol

wd40rocks
    Participant

During B-ball camp my freshman year I blocked a dude who was 6’9, I was 5’10, then the coach called a foul on me..

He got fired mid-season(probably ’cause he took away my block) so it was all cool.

Bryant24
    Participant

Kwame brown getting drafted #1 overall
    Darko Miličić getting drafted before camelo,wade,bosh

Big carolina fan so anytime duke wins a championship I hate it but coack k is a great coach

TRC1991
    Participant

hmmm…probably that christian laettner shot…nothing against duke and im not a fan of kentucky

i just hate christian laettner

TRC1991
    Participant

@wd40rocks

nate robinson, is that you?

Malik-Universal
    Participant

dude, im srry, but my personal one is like worst for anybody damn lol… but congrats on blockin a really tall dude though.

adamsc14
    Participant
    Malik-Universal
    Participant

wesely was actually pretty damn good for the hornets for quite a while, but that lay up……. EPIC FAIL!!

Malik-Universal
    Participant

@thenba6, r u in hs still?

OldSkoolBasketball
    Participant

NBA- Blazers blew the 13 point lead in the 4th against Lakers in WCF game 7.
    NCAA- Da’Sean Butler getting hurt.

Mr.Knick 32
    Participant

When I was 14, I got to play with Doron Lamb and JayVaughn Pinkston. We went to the same high school. I was the small forward, Lamb was the 2 and Pinkston was the 4. I got cut from the team so I didn’t play a actual game with them but we did run practices.

One time, Doron dunked on me so bad…it was rough. Let’s just say, it hurt me with my rep around the school.

NCAA- Duke losing to UCONN 1999 NCAA Final. I just started liking Duke.

NBA- The Horry foul on Nash. Costs the Suns a title.

Mr.Knick 32
    Participant

Yea, I’m in HS still. I’m a senior.

McDunkin

7th grade…first game and im already nervous as hell..i steal the ball and im running with it on a fast break…i completely lose my mind and stop dribbling…i pause for the longest 2 seconds of my life and start to dribble again for the travel call. Top 5 embarrassing moment of my childhood

Malik-Universal
    Participant

ohhhh same, i got cut this yr from my bball team lol

WizardofOz
    Participant

NBA: The Wizards were up by 3 with only a few seconds left, and Toronto was inbounding it, Michael Ruffin stole the ball but threw it up in the air and MO Pete caught it and made the game-tying half court shot to send the game into overtime, and the Raptors ended up winning the game. I was so pissed lol.

College. When the Maryland Terps were up by 1 against Michigan State in the second round of the NCAA Tournament with only a few seconds left, and Michigan State made the game-winning three pointer.

Personal: When I was in 7th grade, my coach kept calling me out for the mistakes I made and made the whole team run laps because up me, and my teammates kept getting mad at me.

Malik-Universal
    Participant

@jman, i was rockin when msu made that 3 pointer, i resercated from the dead lol, that was a good day for me lol

Bryant24
    Participant

yall guys goin laugh at this one i was only 9 but i still remember it i was playing recreational ball and my team was up by 2 i got the ball halfcourt i ran to the wrong goal and tied the score we still won though it was embarrisng though and teh girl i really like was there

llperez

Personal would be blowing a game winning layup in a rec league game the summer before my senior year of highschool. The game was tied and wehad the ball with like 15 seconds left. We called a timeout and drew a pick and roll at the top of the key with me setting the pick and rolling to the hoop for the game winner. It could not have been ran more precisely. I got the ball coming down the lane perfect stride, no defender to really contest and i went up strong and the ball just sat there on the rim for ever. It almost got stuck on the back of the rim by the backboard it was up there so long. When it finally rolled off the buzzer sounded and we had to go to overtime. Guys were pissed and i was embarrassed. One of my bench riding teammates came up to me and said "it’s cool man, i would probably missed it too." Thing is i cant even really say i choked becasue the ball felt great leaving my hand i wasnt nervous or rushing it or anything. It just didnt drop. We lost in ot. To make matters worse, my varisty teammates were in the stands sitting behind my mom and after the game my mom was like "your teammates arent very nice, they were talking mad stuff about you."

OrangeJuiceJones
    Participant

NBA:

The Nets’ entire 09-10 season. I watched every game, and it was terrible to see them just give up during the middle of a game.

Grant Hill’s ankle troubles.

Seeing Malik Sealy and Bobby Phills lose their lives much too early.

College:

Watching Rutgers get destroyed by every nationally ranked team for years.

Personal:

Going to basketball camp at The College of New Jersey after my freshman year of high school. I didn’t belong to one of the teams that traveled there, so I signed up as an individual, which included 6 kids from the local high school and a few Philly kids. We were going up against the J.V squads from good schools such as Blair Academy, Lawrenceville Prep, Notre Dame Prep, Seton Hall Prep, and Mater Dei Prep (Monmouth, NJ school, not the one from California), as well as a bunch of other private schools that I don’t remember. We got destroyed every… single… game. I was playing 2-guard, and whenever I caught the ball in the backcourt during the 1st quarter, I would be surrounded by 3 opponents before I could take three dribbles. Before I could find the open man, I would get the ball stripped from me and they would score an easy lay-up/dunk. During one game, I had 4 turnovers in less than a minute due to full-court pressure.

The dorms we stayed in were terrible. We stayed in the women’s dorms, but they still smelled like faswitty (feet, ass, and smelly titties). The showers were communal, which was a nightmare for a shy kid like me. In fact, to avoid taking group showers, I resorted to sneaking out of my room at midnight and washing myself in the sink.

The only good memories I have from the camp was all the camaraderie with my teammates and getting to have a personal conversation with the head basketball coach, who’s now the Athletic Director. He told me that I was always welcome to come in for a free workout and evaluation. He also said that if I kept working hard and grew a few inches, then I could definitely play college ball in the future because I was a much better shooter than most of the “Indies” that he had seen over the years; I wish I listened to him.

Malik-Universal
    Participant

wow dude, that must suck asss no homo lol

RickyRubio9
    Participant

Hmm. In a Charity Tournament of 3 on 3 .. I was playing against at the time, the best point guard at my school..and we were tied. I brought the ball up & saw on the clock there was about 5 seconds left so I told my teammates, “Last Shot, Last Shot” & while bringing it up..I completely lost my dribble and the ball hit my foot and rolled out, then time ran out, how that lasted 5 seconds I have no idea? But I was laughed at & ’till this day I am mocked for it..Haha
    It really sucked..

Also important to note that our teams were both undefeated in our first three games..& basically the favorites to play for the championship..we could’ve knocked them out right there, instead we both took a tie, I know weird..and we met again in the Finals & my team lost..Not saying we would’ve hit a game winning shot though.

Mr.Knick 32
    Participant

but they still smelled like faswitty (feet, ass, and smelly titties)

LMFAO.

RUDEBOY_
    Participant

I hated 2 years ago when Memphis BLEW that 9 point lead against Kansas with only 2 minutes left…To let Kansas come back to win !!!
    At the time i was watching it at a bar on Beale Street..Everybody was Gettin ready to Celebrate like it was 1999..
    After the lost..Everyone in the bar was depressed like it was 2012….
    Florida Evans said it best””DAAAAAMMM!!! DAAAAMMM!! DAAAAMMM!!!

Toronto16
    Participant

Vince Carter missing the shot in game 7 against the 76ers in 2001.

Grandmama
    Participant

UConn losing to George Mason…..UConn’s my squad, and on top of that I threw 600 on UConn to win…that didn’t work out too well.

Personally in 6th grade I had a sick put-back on a missed free throw, too bad I made it in the opponent’s basket. Right when I let go of the ball I asked myself “WTF did you just do?”. Luckily we were playing a sh*tty team and still beat them by 20+.

Skyscraper
    Participant

Personal: Came back from 21 pt deficit at half to win by 26, my stat line, 28pts 21rbs 11ast 7blk 2stl

sheltwon3
    Participant

The Horry Nash thing and the Celtics beating Lakers just a few year ago are my worst NBA moments I can think of right now.

I remember not making the team as a freshmen and also remember in high school blowing up my knee and then pretty much watching people they I felt I was better than play.

My knee was messed up for most of high school and it really hurt

I am like 5’8″ 5’9″ and could dunk but I will do it soon as i get back in shape

I did just turn 30 today so my window in closing.

JNixon
    Participant

Happy birthday to you Sheltwon

mgreener_34
    Participant

Worst moment in the NBA was the Nash Horry foul. Made no sense to me that a team could lose a series because of that. But my worst moment ever was the first time I ever went to a Celtics game. Took my family a while to save up the money, and in the first quarter I think Al Jefferson *the hope of the franchise at the time* hit the ground hard, and blew out his knees. Could hear the guy screaming as he flopped around on the floor. He was out for season, the future looked bleak, and on top of all that the Celtics lost badly to the Clippers.

sheltwon3
    Participant

Thanks Iggy I appreciate it man

Hale
    Participant

Horry-Nash
    Memphis-Kansas
    Lebron-Heat

The showers were communal, which was a nightmare for a shy kid like me. In fact, to avoid taking group showers, I resorted to sneaking out of my room at midnight and washing myself in the sink.

Hahahahaha sorry but that made my night.

Tha King2121
    Participant

ur least memorable bball moment??

Sitting on the bench(jv)
    watching our Varsity team play saint pats in NJ
    we lost by…..40.
    K Erv(kyrie ivering) droping 26 in 17min!
    the stuff he did was undescribeable, there coach
    keep on say “Yo Stop” after ever piont because he
    just kept getting an iso and doin work

HE IS SOOOOOOO GOOD

kacey
    Participant

I am Mavericks fan so you all should already know.

EGbball3
    Participant

When the kings lost to the lakers in in the western conference finals. Stupid ref!

RUDEBOY_
    Participant

Happy Birthday Sheltwon!!!! dont get to Crunk Buddy! i have a friend that gets arrested every year on his birthday..No Joke!!! He’s gotten arrested on his last 15 birthdays..He’s 35… dude throws wild parties!!! last year he blocked entrances to his apartment complex and pisses off everyone that lives there.
    there be 100’s of cars lined up trying to go home…

Pureshooter
    Participant

Wake Forest v. Illinois at Illinois (it wasn’t at their arena, but it was still at Illinois dammit)

Wake was undefeated #1 and Illinois was #5 I believe. Anyway, we got the crap kicked out of us and Illinois won by 18. We had Chris Paul and they had Deron Williams, Dee Brown, and Luther Head. Illinois shot 60% from the floor…pretty crazy.

IndianaBasketball
    Participant

NBA

– Jordan retiring the first time.

– Game four of the 2000 NBA Finals in Indianapolis… Kobe Bryant closed the Pacers out in the fourth… Three HUGE shots.

– Jason Gardner not getting drafted in 2003.

– Ron Artest going into the stands in 2005… Bad for the NBA, it ruined our season/Reggie’s last chance to get a ring and franchise.

– 2005 NBA playoffs… Conference Semi-Finals… Pacers vs Detroit. Prince blocked Miller’s fastbreak layup attempt. Like the crazy dude from the movie Anger Management said… “You’ve got to dunk that sh*t!”

– Reggie Miller retiring in 2005.

– Seeing Tony Allen tear his ACL vs the Pacers in 2007… I was up close and knew it instantly.

– Greg Oden getting injured this past season… I almost cried lol.

NCAA

– Chris Webber calling the timeout when Michigan didn’t have any remaining in the 1993 NCAA Championship vs North Carolina.

– Arizona losing to Duke in the NCAA Championship in 2001.

– Indiana losing to Maryland in the NCAA Championship in 2002.

– Butler losing to Duke this past season.

High School

– John Stewart of Lawrence North High School, a 7′ 2″ center committed to Kentucky in 1999, died on the bench… Heart attack.

Chicago1980
    Participant

Jordan is retired its pippens team the bulls up by 1 the knicks have the ball I think the game is over and Hue Hollins calls a foul on Scottie Pippen Hupert Davis hits 2 freethrows and the knicks win the game. This was an important game because the Knicks had home court advantage the bulls would win game 6 and ultimately lose game 7 in NY. It was one of the worst times in my at the time young life I almost cried after that game.

Afactor4
    Participant

NBA

-Shaun Livingstons injury: absolutely grueling to watch, and it seemed like the franchise was headed in the right direction at the time.

-Derek Fisher’s 0.4 shot. Absolutely ridiculous shot, and it took away the moment from an incredibly clutch, and a much more amazing shot that Tim Duncan made over Shaq fading and leaning to the left from a step into the three point line.

-Every game I’ve had to watch the Lakers wrap up the finals series in.

Personal

– The coach that didn’t put me on the team after a tryout telling me the next year after I took a jumpshot that I’ve really improved my game. I took it the absolute worst way thinking, was I really always THAT bad before?

marcusfizer21marcusfizer21
    marcusfizer21
    Participant

>2003 All-Star Game where JO was called for an invisible foul on Kobe, which send him to the free throw line to force a second OT right after MJ hit a clutch fade away for the win… (MJ’s last All-Star Game)

>When I realized Fizer was a bust…

>When Jason Kidd didn’t win the 2002 MVP (which I think he TRULY deserved)

>2010 Dunk Contest (the worst!)

>LeBron’s “defection” to the Heat via “The Decision” which humiliated the city of Cleveland…

>Game 6 of the 2002 Western Conference Finals between the Lakers and the Kings… (still sounds fishy to me)

>Michael Jordan saying goodbye to the game…

Personal:
    >was fouled while shooting a three with no more time left… Our opponent was up by 2 and I needed to make those free throws to win… I missed 2 out of 3 which held me sleepless for a week…

mini_marz
    Participant

playing against UConn in the final four… emeka was in foul trouble and Deng was killing them all game… we were up i htink 10 emeka comes back in and goes beast mode on sheldon williams lol… they win face georgia tech in the final and slap them up… if we win would could have killed GT and got another NCAA chip’

omphalos
    Participant

NBA: Gotta be the LeBron going to the Heat. This is going to screw up the League for a long time…

College: Hayward missing the baseline jumper, gotta love the underdog.

Personal:
    Got benched during the Grand Final when I was 17 for most of the game while one player tore us apart. The annoying thing was I completely had his number and stopped him whenever I was on him. The coach was playing favourites and only put me back on with 5 minutes to go and being down 20+. In the last minute of play I got isolated against their guy and he waved off the screens to go at me himself. I ended up blocking his shot and gaining possession, but of course it was far too late. Coach cost us the game, I’m annoyed to this day about it.

Narc
    Participant

My personal awful moment would be breaking my ankle in a game after landing on a teamates foot. I had to have surgery (my 6 and then 7 to remove metals) to place 2 plates and 6 screws in my left ankle after breaking it and tearing a ligament. I have shot around but haven’t played a game since. They recently removed all the metal and such in April, and I feel great but I’m not in any type of shape yet lol.

As for the NBA it would be watching the Kings getting cheated in 2003 against the Lakers…worst officiating I have ever seen on any type of a level.

Mkadoza
    Participant

Personal: Not playing my senior year to work on academics. Our team won the NT Class A state championship that year, (and for the next 2)

NCAA: Vermont-Syracuse 2004 First Round… what a f***in’ joke.

NBA: June 22, 1994. 2-18, 0-11. 4 point loss. ………… Honestly, the night that ruined a franchise, put the weight of a city on one man, and created the panicky, trade for vets to win now mentality that killed my franchise for a decade. John Starks… what a f***in joke.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login