This topic contains 8 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar Hitster 2 weeks ago.

• Author
    OhCanada-
    Participant

I know everyone seems to be Luka’s #1 fan (including myself) but the Trae/Luka conversation is closer than people seem to think. In fact, this may seems crazy but Atlanta probably wouldn’t redo it if they had a chance but they would redo that Reddish pick. Young seems to be in better condition and less injury prone due to his size and strength for his size. Luka takes a beating in the playoffs, he’s an easy target and his slower style using tons of angles and hesitation has players pulling and pushing on him alot. Both years in the playoffs and Doncic body shows signs of wearing down as the series progresses.

Well at least thats the case for Young, Doncic has a strong resume himself. Its still way to early in these two players careers to say who was the better pick I just think too many people are treating this as an L for the Hawks.

1+
    NorrinRaddNorrinRadd
    NorrinRadd
    Participant

Definitely talking about basketball greats in real time. I agree OhCanada-, Trae Young has advanced to the 2nd round. That’s a hard feat for some stars out there. And the Hawks are destroying a banged up 76ers team as of now. There could be a series upset in the making. We get to see Luka’s MVP performance next, and see if it’s even enough against the Clippers.

1+
      OhCanada-
      Participant

Basketballs fun right now.

1+
        NorrinRaddNorrinRadd
        NorrinRadd
        Participant

that Hawks game was great! 76ers almost came back.

1+
    armchairgmarmchairgm
    armchairgm
    Participant

I would still rather build around Luka, but like you said it’s close and Trae is not a bad building block either.

1+
    canadabasketballisrisingcanadabasketballisrising
    canadabasketballisrising
    Participant

Trae young is very good- but it is not that close. Donic is clearly better. If you put trae young on Dallas- they would not be in the playoffs- no way they beat Memphis. Young has much more help than Doncic with how prozingis is playing.

sniper
    Participant

Slight edge to Luka, but Young could erase it if he leads ATL to an upset in this series.

I’d say Luka was 2nd team all-NBA this year, and Young probably 3rd team. That’s how close.

2+
    Dazzling Dunks and Basketball Bloopers
    Participant

I love what trae is doing this year and Atlanta seems to have a bright future. He definitely seems to have that fearless quality in him and seems to inspire confidence in his teammates.
    However, if you ask me which player I’d rather build my team around its doncic by a mile. And if you asked Atlanta off the record if they would take back that trade knowing what we know now (even with the success young is having so far) I’d be willing to bet the answer would be yes.

1+
    Hitster
    Participant

Trae put up better numbers than Luka last season and whilst Trae hasn’t matched Luka’s scoring this year you can argue he has lead his team to a huge turnaround and the Hawks roster might have more upside than the Mavs. I still prefer Luka but TRae is closer than a lot of us may think and they are clearly currently the best two players from the 2018 draft.

1+

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login