This topic contains 26 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar OhCanada- 8 years, 4 months ago.

• Author
    festar35festar35
    festar35
    Participant

So as the season goes on and teams figure out if they are in contention or they are likely to rebuild we start to get a few trade ideas. So who are some guys that you can see being traded and who is likely to pick them up?

Danilo Gallinari – The Nuggets aren’t playing poorly, but I think Danilo with his friendly contract could be of large interest to a play-off team and net a young asset or pick(s) in return. I really like the idea of Galo as a stretch-4 at 6-10 there is no reason he can’t be effective there. Potential as a good 2nd option scorer.

Houston – A more consistent threat than Jones or Donatas. Can continue to space the floor and play-off of Harden still.
    Indiana – I like CJ Miles and think he has been playing well, but Galo can do everything he can do and is far more consistent, not too mention bigger which helps defensively.

BleedGreen808
    Participant

Boston is in need of a scoring wing and I think Galo is a really good fit.  As you said he can play SF and small ball 4 which is something Brad Stevens likes to do with Jae Crowder as well.  I’m not sure what it would take to pry him away from Denver but for the right price I’d love to see him in Boston.  

BleedGreen808
    Participant

Boston is in need of a scoring wing and I think Galo is a really good fit.  As you said he can play SF and small ball 4 which is something Brad Stevens likes to do with Jae Crowder as well.  I’m not sure what it would take to pry him away from Denver but for the right price I’d love to see him in Boston.  

SubZero
      Participant

Is Boston already giving up on James Young?

SubZero
      Participant

Is Boston already giving up on James Young?

BleedGreen808
        Participant

Not at all, the last three games he’s gotten around 15-20 minutes because of injuries to Smart and Hunter. In those games he’s shown improved defense which is great to see.  Tonight he also looked confident hitting a couple jumpers.  The problem is he’s just stuck behind other players like Turner, Crowder, Smart, and Bradley who play a majority of the minutes at SG and SF.  

BleedGreen808
        Participant

Not at all, the last three games he’s gotten around 15-20 minutes because of injuries to Smart and Hunter. In those games he’s shown improved defense which is great to see.  Tonight he also looked confident hitting a couple jumpers.  The problem is he’s just stuck behind other players like Turner, Crowder, Smart, and Bradley who play a majority of the minutes at SG and SF.  

Gold Chain

You should watch the Celtics games. James Young has played big minutes in the last 3 games, including big meaningful minutes against Chicago and Golden State.

Celtics fans always think the grass is greener somewhere else. Always too "realistic" to expect growth from our young players.

Like Olynyk’s 28 points last night against the best team in the NBA.

Debbie Downers like you never see things like that coming, then you ignore it or downplay it, all to convince yourself how "realistic" you are.

Gold Chain

You should watch the Celtics games. James Young has played big minutes in the last 3 games, including big meaningful minutes against Chicago and Golden State.

Celtics fans always think the grass is greener somewhere else. Always too "realistic" to expect growth from our young players.

Like Olynyk’s 28 points last night against the best team in the NBA.

Debbie Downers like you never see things like that coming, then you ignore it or downplay it, all to convince yourself how "realistic" you are.

BleedGreen808
        Participant

Don’t know what you’re talking about.  I’ve been waiting for our young guys to develop not jumping ship and saying trade or cut them.  James Young especially has had celtics fans calling to cut him for over a year and I could not understand why when he is one of the youngest players in the league.  With Olynyk it’s always been his lack of aggressiveness that has frustrated me.  These last 4 or 5 games he has not been hesistating to take shots we know he can make.  

Not sure if you saying "grass is greener" is in response to me saying we should try to get Galo but if you don’t think this team needs another scoring threat from the wing then you aren’t watching the games.  Galo is extremely versatile at SF and PF which Brad Stevens loves.  

Gold Chain

Sorry, looks like I was overly irritable there. 

I think James Young can be that scoring wing we need, and Celtics fans should be open-minded about that.

In the D-League last year James Young shot a Curry-esque 8 3s per game, and hit a Curry-esque 43-44% of them.

He’s probably a better shooter than Gallinari, and with his added strength he’s actually pretty good at drawing fouls and scoring around the league.

I know it’s hard to think that our scoring SF of the future might already be on our roster, but Young has that kind of talent. The only knock on him was that he wasn’t ready at 18 years old last year.

His defense is already solid as you’ve probably seen by now.

BleedGreen808
            Participant

Sure he could be but so far he seems more like a 3 and D type wing instead of a pure scorer.  He’ll need to work on his handle if that’s going to happen.  His defense has been really good but I’d like to see him get more looks when he’s on the court.  My question is when Hunter returns does Young lose his minutes or has he shown enough to keep them.  

To me one weakness is the lack of a go to scorer outside of IT which hurt us last night against the Warriors.  When teams overload on IT the team can struggle to create offense in the half court.  Galo to me is the type of player who could be versatile in Brad Stevens’s system off and on the ball.  

BleedGreen808
            Participant

Sure he could be but so far he seems more like a 3 and D type wing instead of a pure scorer.  He’ll need to work on his handle if that’s going to happen.  His defense has been really good but I’d like to see him get more looks when he’s on the court.  My question is when Hunter returns does Young lose his minutes or has he shown enough to keep them.  

To me one weakness is the lack of a go to scorer outside of IT which hurt us last night against the Warriors.  When teams overload on IT the team can struggle to create offense in the half court.  Galo to me is the type of player who could be versatile in Brad Stevens’s system off and on the ball.  

Gold Chain

Sorry, looks like I was overly irritable there. 

I think James Young can be that scoring wing we need, and Celtics fans should be open-minded about that.

In the D-League last year James Young shot a Curry-esque 8 3s per game, and hit a Curry-esque 43-44% of them.

He’s probably a better shooter than Gallinari, and with his added strength he’s actually pretty good at drawing fouls and scoring around the league.

I know it’s hard to think that our scoring SF of the future might already be on our roster, but Young has that kind of talent. The only knock on him was that he wasn’t ready at 18 years old last year.

His defense is already solid as you’ve probably seen by now.

BleedGreen808
        Participant

Don’t know what you’re talking about.  I’ve been waiting for our young guys to develop not jumping ship and saying trade or cut them.  James Young especially has had celtics fans calling to cut him for over a year and I could not understand why when he is one of the youngest players in the league.  With Olynyk it’s always been his lack of aggressiveness that has frustrated me.  These last 4 or 5 games he has not been hesistating to take shots we know he can make.  

Not sure if you saying "grass is greener" is in response to me saying we should try to get Galo but if you don’t think this team needs another scoring threat from the wing then you aren’t watching the games.  Galo is extremely versatile at SF and PF which Brad Stevens loves.  

Arc12345
    Participant

I’ll take Danilo at the 3 any day for my Hawks. That’d honestly be a dream come true. Any sort of scoring help on the wing would be welcomed. Unfortunately, Bud isn’t going to make any sort of deal happen. I hope I’m wrong, but I’d be shocked.

Arc12345
    Participant

I’ll take Danilo at the 3 any day for my Hawks. That’d honestly be a dream come true. Any sort of scoring help on the wing would be welcomed. Unfortunately, Bud isn’t going to make any sort of deal happen. I hope I’m wrong, but I’d be shocked.

mgreener_34
    Participant

Gallo is NOT on a good contract, let alone a friendly one! He has a 15% trade kicker built in, so you’re looking at paying the dude over 17 mil per over the next three years. I’m fine with that if Gallo was an iron man, but the dude is fragile, and plays an average of only 50 games per year. I like Gallo, but he’s not worth what it would take to get him from Denver.

I think the Pelicans are most likely going to blow it up so any of Asik/Gordon/Reke/Jrue/Anderson can be on the table, my best bet is Anderson.He’s always hurt, and his contract expires at the end of the year. They could probably flip him to a team like DET or BOS for a 1st no doubt

mgreener_34
    Participant

Gallo is NOT on a good contract, let alone a friendly one! He has a 15% trade kicker built in, so you’re looking at paying the dude over 17 mil per over the next three years. I’m fine with that if Gallo was an iron man, but the dude is fragile, and plays an average of only 50 games per year. I like Gallo, but he’s not worth what it would take to get him from Denver.

I think the Pelicans are most likely going to blow it up so any of Asik/Gordon/Reke/Jrue/Anderson can be on the table, my best bet is Anderson.He’s always hurt, and his contract expires at the end of the year. They could probably flip him to a team like DET or BOS for a 1st no doubt

OhCanada-
      Participant

I doubt Gallo goes anywhere. Josh Kroenke has stated he wants Gallo there long-term. They have had talks about his career after Basketball with the Nuggets. Should be there to stay.

OhCanada-
      Participant

I doubt Gallo goes anywhere. Josh Kroenke has stated he wants Gallo there long-term. They have had talks about his career after Basketball with the Nuggets. Should be there to stay.

Greekballin

Memphis should go hard at Galo, but they probably have nothing to offer.. 

Greekballin

Memphis should go hard at Galo, but they probably have nothing to offer.. 

Uncledrew
    Participant

Time for pelicans to blow it up. If they could target Rodney hood they could use his 3 and d capabilities and he can be featured in the pelicans new offense speaking things out more for AD. Also think players like Aaron Gordon be traded. Orlando seems to be invested in Tobias harris but I think his athleticism, defense and unselfish play could shine in another environment.

Uncledrew
    Participant

Time for pelicans to blow it up. If they could target Rodney hood they could use his 3 and d capabilities and he can be featured in the pelicans new offense speaking things out more for AD. Also think players like Aaron Gordon be traded. Orlando seems to be invested in Tobias harris but I think his athleticism, defense and unselfish play could shine in another environment.

Hitster
    Participant

Denver have been a bit in no man’s land post George Karl was replaced so they might consider a decent package for Gallinari. It would be interesting to see who might target Gallinari, I wonder if Sacramento might consider him given that George Karl is there now but Gallinari or Rudy Gay would need to play PF.

Gallinari is under contract until 2018 so would be an attractive trade piece but Denver wouldn’t give him away and although he’s a very good role player, he’d need to be on a team with a proven top player on it. That is why I wouldn’t see him being a difference maker to a team like Boston as they have a fair few players at a similar level to Danilo.

I wonder if Brooklyn might try to move Joe Johnson’s hefty expiring deal and Nene at the Wizards has a nice expiring deal and offers good veteran presence.

The Lakers might consider offers for Roy Hibbert if a contender came knocking as they are obviously in tank mode.

I would think the Knicks might want to add a veteran to their bench if possible so they might make a small move.

Hitster
    Participant

Denver have been a bit in no man’s land post George Karl was replaced so they might consider a decent package for Gallinari. It would be interesting to see who might target Gallinari, I wonder if Sacramento might consider him given that George Karl is there now but Gallinari or Rudy Gay would need to play PF.

Gallinari is under contract until 2018 so would be an attractive trade piece but Denver wouldn’t give him away and although he’s a very good role player, he’d need to be on a team with a proven top player on it. That is why I wouldn’t see him being a difference maker to a team like Boston as they have a fair few players at a similar level to Danilo.

I wonder if Brooklyn might try to move Joe Johnson’s hefty expiring deal and Nene at the Wizards has a nice expiring deal and offers good veteran presence.

The Lakers might consider offers for Roy Hibbert if a contender came knocking as they are obviously in tank mode.

I would think the Knicks might want to add a veteran to their bench if possible so they might make a small move.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login