This topic contains 8 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar markfitz14 2 years, 3 months ago.

• Author
    IndianaBasketball
    Participant

“He’s special. People debate whether or not he should be an All-Star, but I think we should be debating whether he’s the best point guard in the league. I don’t think there’s any question he’s an All-Star. The real question is, ‘Is he the best point guard in the league?’” – Desmond Bane on Ja Morant.

Who are your top five point guards right now?

1+
    canadabasketballisrisingcanadabasketballisrising
    canadabasketballisrising
    Participant

1. Curry is one- not debatable
    2. Harden- is a pg, clearly has been for a few years
    3. Doncic is a pg- has been his whole career
    4. Lillard
    5. Chris Paul-
    6. Trae Young- this is the only pg debatable with morant… I would still give it to Trae Young tho.
    7. Ja Morant
    8. Jrue Holiday
    9. SGA
    10. Lamelo Ball

3+
    armchairgmarmchairgm
    armchairgm
    Participant

1. Curry
    2. Lamelo
    3. Harden
    4. Trae
    5 Luka

2+
    NorrinRaddNorrinRadd
    NorrinRadd
    Participant

Top 5

Curry
    Luka
    Harden
    Ja
    Lillard

Biggest snubs

CP3
    Ice Trae
    SGA

Great topic!!!

1+
    JDB12
    Participant

Not saying he’s in the top 10 yet, but I think Dejounte Murray has earned the right to be in the conversation. More controlled and marginally more efficient Westbrook-like stat sheet stuffer. And also puts his name in there for the best defensive lead guard.

5+
      NorrinRaddNorrinRadd
      NorrinRadd
      Participant

He might not be, but this year, so far he’s been playing All-Star quality basketball.

1+
    OhCanada-
    Participant

Van Vleet had an incredible stretch before his game against Milwaukee (which he was still good in). In 4 games he averaged 32 points and 8 assists with just 1 turnover. In 135 minutes. He shot the ball well to 50/40/90 splits and they won all those games. I think the stat was they were +70 or more with him on the court and – 15 when he was off.

He’s on the verge of cracking that top 5. Probably around 7-9. A much better player than SGA and a bit better than Holiday imo. Clear Allstar.

4+
    markfitz14
    Participant

1. Curry by a wide margin
    2. Doncic
    3. JA – I would take him over all other guys. That impact on both ends of the floor does it for me. Plus his 3pt shot is better this year.
    4. Harden
    5. Lillard

1+
      markfitz14
      Participant

Shout out to Van Fleet! He is dominating this year.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login