This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar Hitster 4 weeks, 1 day ago.

• Author
    Hitster
    Participant

This lad seems to be a consensus late lottery pick on a number of mock drafts and is even in the top 10 on some. Is he this year’s mystery package who could do a nice workout and rocket up boards. He’ll still be 18 on draft night so is one of the younger guys declaring. He has a huge wingspan and great upside on both defence and offence plus looks to have an NBA 3 point range.

I’d have him as a mid to late first rounder on my big board with upside to go inside the top 10 maybe even top 8. Any other thoughts?

NorrinRaddNorrinRadd
    NorrinRadd
    Participant

He’s got that 3&D potential, his shot’s coming around. He’s still a bit raw, but could be a pretty high pick imo. . Anywhere from mid lottery to around pick 20 imo.

1+
    Hitster
    Participant

A guy like him has potential to play SF, PF or C in the modern NBA. Portland currently at 13 with pick via Warriors would be a nice landing point for him as he’d not be their main pick so less pressure on him. Same with Toronto via Pacers at 17 but I personally like him going to Miami at 15. I know they are trying to win now but he’d be playing under a top coach and his staff plus he’d have Lonzo, Haslem, Battier, Pat Riley and co also there to help guide him or offer bits of advice.

1+
    BothTeamsPlayedHard-BothTeamsPlayedHard-
    BothTeamsPlayedHard-
    Participant

Tidjane had a bit of a slump last month, but that should be expected from a first time pro going into his fifth month playing multiple competitions. I still am of the belief that by the night of the draft he goes early. I think he makes a world of sense for Memphis. When their full team is available, they have creators. I do not imagine there is a much point in going for a guard when one would expect Morant, Bane, and Smart to be back in the fold. Smart still has two more years on his deal, and Morant and Bane have many beyond that. Unless you think things will go sideways with Morant, or Smart’s body won’t allow him to stay on the court, what kind of role can that guy have? I think they would be able to bring Salaun along slowly as he is 18, but he seems to fit the mold of the kind of frontcourt player they have been bringing in. Portland is another team that has heavily invested in Scoot, Simons, and Sharpe. Since the ASB, Banton has played himself into being a keeper, 16.5 PPG, 4,7 RPG, 3.3 APG, and up to 36.7% from three on 5 attempts per for a guy where that was a concern. They have Ayton and Robert Williams at center. I think in terms of building their team, a long forward who can shoot makes the most sense. They have Jerami Grant, so they don’t have to rush him. I just think in March that a lot of the mock drafts forget about the guys who are outside the NCAA ranks. Come June, Salaun will still be 18, long, athletic, able to shoot, and having had a rather impressive first pro season under his belt. History tells you a guy with that profile is going before Dalton Knecht.

2+
    Hitster
    Participant

A lot could depend on what happens with the 6th/7th picks as if the Spurs end up with 7th pick via Raptors could they have a look at Salaun if Memphis is a possible for him in the same draft area. The Spurs have taken a large number of European players and having Wemby on the roster means Salaun would have a fellow countryman on the same team which might help him settle.

Salaun could play around Wemby and Sochan or slide to SF if needed and would give the Spurs enormous size and length on court. A lot would depend what the Spurs did with their own pick as if they took Sarr then Salaun wouldn’t be an option for them with the next pick.

1+

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login