This topic contains 6 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by BothTeamsPlayedHard-BothTeamsPlayedHard- BothTeamsPlayedHard- 3 years, 3 months ago.

• Author
    goddag
    Participant

There’s only 2 Big Ten players in this sites 2 round mock draft for 2021. Easily the best league for BB in college and this site only lists two players getting picked in this draft out of 64 players being chosen. Wow.
    Time to rethink this guys.

NorrinRaddNorrinRadd
    NorrinRadd
    Participant

You are right about the Big 10. There are 30 teams however, and only 2 rounds… therefore, that would make 60 players chosen in the 2 rounds. imo we should have 32 teams making 64 picks. Also we are not in February yet, so Aran might be playin’ with us still.

armchairgmarmchairgm
    armchairgm
    Participant

You need to recount because I see more than 2 players, I count 4. They have Ayo Donsumu, Ron Harper Jr, Kofi Cockburn, Isaiah Livers. Realistically Ayo Donsumu is the only guarenteed draft prospect out of the Big 10 this year to go in the 1st round and Ron Harper and Kofi Cockburn should go in 2nd for sure.

I think Luka Garza, Traye Jackson Davis, and Aaron Henry all have a chance to go in the 2nd round so they should all be considered for the mock as well, but beyond that I don’t see anyone else from Big 10 that should be considered.

jmack
    Participant

Old school centers like Luka Garza, Traye Jackson-Davis, Hunter Dickerson, Liam Robbins, Kofi Cockburn are great college players, but rarely get drafted, at least in the 1st round these days.

Marcus Carr should be in the mock draft though for sure, he is being slept on.

1+
    RUDEBOY-
    Participant

u guys 4Got to mention wagner of Michigan,wieskamp and nunge of Iowa are 3 prospects that’ll get drafted in 2nd.

NorrinRaddNorrinRadd
      NorrinRadd
      Participant

Nunge is a good college player, but I doubt he gets drafted. Have to agree with you on Wagner and Wieskamp all the way. Both likely 2nd round picks.

BothTeamsPlayedHard-BothTeamsPlayedHard-
    BothTeamsPlayedHard-
    Participant

Don’t get overly emotional over early season mock drafts. The G League season hasn’t even started. Most college teams are in the 10-15 game range -South Carolina has played six. Let the season breathe. With the Big Ten guys, and really however you wish to assemble a pool, you have three categories: no doubt entrants, seniors, and maybe entrants.

The only no doubt early entrant is Ayo Dosunmu. He has made use of returning to school to become a better player. He is a vastly better shooter, and while still not a true point is showing that he can fill in there. Add that to his length, athleticism, and competitiveness, you have a legit prospect. It might be the lottery, but certainly in the first round.

The senior crop will probably have a few picks. I think by draft night, Luka Garza will have some takers. Even if one does not view him as a centerpiece, I have a hard time believing there aren’t a few teams with high payrolls that won’t look at a guy who can do a job in the 2nd quarter/early 4th with the 2nd unit while being on a near minimum contract as being worth a pick. The league still does not have a ton of 6’11” guys who have shot 48 percent from three when shooting 3-4 per game while also having the size where they cannot be guarded by a wing. I think Isaiah Livers will fall into the Jordan Nwora zone of where he ends up getting taken. He has good size and is an excellent shooter. The other three Michigan seniors (Mike Smith, Chaundee Brown, and Eli Brooks) will probably be like Jacob Young where they get invited into Portsmouth (if that happens, and if Michigan goes to the Final Four that usually keeps guys from participating) and get a bunch of pre-draft workouts, but probably not meriting a mock. Teddy Allen, Brandon Johnson, D’Mitrik Trice, Micah Potter, and Aljami Durham are solid Big Ten players, but I think they would use a summer league spot (if that happens) to get jobs overseas. I was curious to see how Seth Towns would do after all his injuries at Harvard, but it hasn’t come together for him.

The maybe list is long. I tend to think Joe Wieskamp is more of a prospect than he gets credit for being, but unless Iowa wins the title and figures he might as well go out on top with Garza and Bohannon, I don’t know if he declares. Kofi Cockburn seems like he wants to declare, and has the benefit of being huge. One would figure a team will take a shot at developing a 7-footer with a 7’6″ wingspan. Hunter Dickinson probably should return to develop and show off a more diverse skill set, and maybe not have Liam Robbins have a career night on him, but that does not always happen. If Franz Wagner just wanted to be a pro, he could have stayed at Alba Berlin. Given that, I think he will try to stay to find the consistency in his perimeter shot. Marcus Carr might declare simply because he has been in college for four years, though I suspect Pitino will do everything possible to keep him. Being thrust into the role of being a volume scorer, often an inefficient one, might not help him. Liam Robbins has had a few absolute gems, including that game against Michigan. Good length and a nice looking stroke, but I wouldn’t put him in a mock yet. I’d advise to keep an eye on him, but that will be the case if he returns next year. Joey Hauser is a stretch 4 who hasn’t had the best start to Big Ten play. Aaron Henry has grown into more of a creator with Cassius Winston gone, but has been up and down. He has good size for a college wing, but more run of the mill for the NBA. I like Dalano Banton, and think he projects well with great length and guard skills. Still, Nebraska seemed to be unaware of both covid and the defensive end of the court, which probably means he should return. EJ Liddell has made great strides, but probably should take another year to polish up his shot because he doesn’t have ideal size for a 4.

1+

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login