This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar Hitster 3 weeks, 2 days ago.

• Author
    NorrinRaddNorrinRadd
    NorrinRadd
    Participant

The Cavaliers are sending the Jazz Lauri Markkanen, Ochai Agbaji, Collin Sexton, three unprotected first-round picks (2025, 2027 and 2029) and two pick swaps (2026 and 2028) for Mitchell…
    Sexton has agreed on a four-year, $72 million sign-and-trade deal to join the Jazz.

I think the Jazz won this trade in the long haul, but the Cavs are possibly contenders now.

OhCanada-
    Participant

Yeah I think both teams win. There were a few teams Mitchell really fit well with. Cleveland is one of them. It should be interesting to see how it all works out but teams will not be looking forward to playing the Cavs. Two outstanding bigs, two outstanding guards. What a nightmare.

1+
      NorrinRaddNorrinRadd
      NorrinRadd
      Participant

Jazz know how to develop players pretty well too… watch THT get a jumper on this team and Sexton play defense… maybe anyways. Jazz could end up with Wemby next year. I’m really curious where Conley, Bogdanovic, and Clarkson end up.

OhCanada-
        Participant

Sexton is kind of like the same player as Mitchell. It will be interesting to see how he performs on a team where he finally has the green light because he was always clashing heads with the vets in Cleveland for his style of play and I feel like that held him back despite having great production. He’s being grossly underrated by the league.

1+
    Hitster
    Participant

Bojan is still a very good starter and is in his last year of his deal so could snag another pick for Utah later in the season. Mike Conley is a high calibre guy and leader so would fit onto any contending team but with two years expensive years on his deal and pushing 35 he may not be so easy to move. Also he’ll be a great leader for a young Utah team maybe he stays there this season and gets bought out next year or traded when with only a year on his deal he’d be much easier to move.

When Utah and Lakers did the trade I did wonder whether Westbrook could have been flipped for Conley and Bojan.

Clarkson is only 30 and is an excellent 6th man and has a player option for next season so again he could be worth a pick easily and is on a cheaper deal and younger than Bojan and Mike Conley.

Hitster
    Participant

It will be interesting to see if Colin gets the “keys” to the Jazz next season especially if Conley is still there. But on a likely lottery team he could put up great numbers and would have big trade value for his age and contract size if the Jazz say landed Scoot next summer.

Colin has the security of his extension so can get back to playing and being as productive as he can be.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login