This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar Dazzling Dunks and Basketball Bloopers 3 years, 8 months ago.

• Author
    mikeyvthedon
    Participant

Hello Draftnet! Hope you are enjoying the NBA restart, seems to be going quite well. Wanted to drop the link to the latest Viseland podcast on YouTube. We are also available on Apple and Spotify, have appreciated the support. If you like and subscribe, would be big time for us. Plus will try to get back to comments as well (Bonner, going to respond to your post after I post this, so look for that). The latest episode my brother and I delve into who we feel was the best player in a redraft from the 2000-2009 NBA Draft’s. Plus, since we went into the #1 picks the week before, we give our runner-ups for the ’03 and ’04 draft, as we figure LeBron and Dwight held onto the top spot respectively.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zo4zjQyWIv4&t=0s

Here is our Twitter page as well:

https://twitter.com/Viseland

Can follow the other podcasts I may go on and will have some other content up there as well. Who do you guys feel was the best player in the drafts from 2000-09? Fun exercise, plus can see a couple kind of weak drafts in that list. The decade certainly ended with a couple of good ones, with ’09 producing some absolute high level dudes. As per usual, we tried to provide prospect context for these players. Thanks to all who have supported, really appreciate it!

jmack
    Participant

2009- toughest one, I am gonna go Harden over Curry though
    2008- Westbrook over Rose and Love who can not stay healthy
    2007- Durant with Marc Gasol not even a close 2nd
    2006- Weak draft with Aldridge barley over Lowry
    2005- Chris Paul for sure, Deron Williams, Bogut, and Bynum tied for 2nd
    2004- Another weak draft, Howard then I guess Deng and Iggy
    2003- Best top heavy draft of the decade King James #1 for sure, with Wade a solid 2nd, Anthony 3rd, Bosh 4th, and Korver/David West tied for 5th
    2002- Yao was so special he has got to be 1, Stoudemire a close 2nd though. Rest of draft was trash, with a few good role players. Jay Williams is one of the best I have ever seen play college ball though, could have been a superstar if he would have stayed off that bike.
    2001- Deep draft full of all-stars. I would have to go Pau 1, Tony Parker 2, Zach Randolph 3, Chandler 4, and Joe Johnson 5. Arenas was one of the best pure scorers in the league from 2004-2007 and didnt even make my top 5.
    2000- Horrible draft. I don’t know maybe Michael Redd #1??? He was on the path to be great until his injury in 2009. Kenyon Martin was a good role player, but also was pretty injury prone.

jmack
    Participant

2009- toughest one, I am gonna go Harden over Curry though
    2008- Westbrook over Rose and Love who can not stay healthy
    2007- Durant with Marc Gasol not even a close 2nd
    2006- Weak draft with Aldridge barley over Lowry
    2005- Chris Paul for sure, Deron Williams, Bogut, and Bynum tied for 2nd
    2004- Another weak draft, Howard then I guess Deng and Iggy
    2003- Best top heavy draft of the decade King James #1 for sure, with Wade a solid 2nd, Anthony 3rd, Bosh 4th, and Korver/David West tied for 5th
    2002- Yao was so special he has got to be 1, Stoudemire a close 2nd though. Rest of draft was trash, with a few good role players. Jay Williams is one of the best I have ever seen play college ball though, could have been a superstar if he would have stayed off that bike.
    2001- Deep draft full of all-stars. I would have to go Pau 1, Tony Parker 2, Zach Randolph 3, Chandler 4, and Joe Johnson 5. Arenas was one of the best pure scorers in the league from 2004-2007 and didnt even make my top 5.
    2000- Horrible draft. I don’t know maybe Michael Redd #1??? He was on the path to be great until his injury in 2009. Kenyon Martin was a good role player, but also was pretty injury prone as well.

minion89
    Participant

Your friend’s blog I have read, I am very impressed with your blog, I hope you will have more blogs or more posts to bring readers
    mapquest directions

Dazzling Dunks and Basketball Bloopers
    Participant

2000- Very weak draft. Only a combined 2 All-Star appearances among all players drafted. I’ll go with Redd, who was the only player to make an All-NBA team and was probably the best at his peak, even if it was shortened due to injuries. He edges out guys like Kenyon Martin, Hedo Turkoglu and and Jamal Crawford.

2001- Extremely close call between Pau Gasol and Tony Parker, who both had Hall of Fame careers. I’ll go with Pau, but this is really a coin flip.

2002- If Yao had been able to stay healthy longer this might have been a different story, but purely in terms of overall NBA impact it has to be Amare Stoudemire.

2003- Really deep draft with at least 4 likely Hall of Famers, but of course there is only one Lebron.

2004- Dwight is the runaway winner here. Some other good players in this class but no one who came close to reaching the heights Howard did in Orlando.

2005- At one point Chris Paul vs. Deron Williams was a legitimate debate. Not anymore. CP3 and its not particularly close.

2006- Kyle Lowry has made this interesting at least but he may have been too much of a late bloomer. In terms of overall career individual achievements it has to be LaMarcus Aldridge.

2007- Durant by a mile.

2008- Westbrook easily. Rose and Love might have been in the conversation at one point but not anymore.

2009- Probably the only race thats still in question based on how the rest of Harden and Curry’s careers go. Both are transcendent stars who changed the game. To me, Curry’s 2 MVP’s and 3 championship rings give him the edge over Harden, at least at this point. Blake comes in a distant third.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login