This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by HeroescantdieHeroescantdie Heroescantdie 3 years, 1 month ago.

• Author
    Dazzling Dunks and Basketball Bloopers
    Participant

I’ll admit for most of the year I wasn’t sold on the idea there was a clear cut number one pick in this draft. However, my opinion has changed drastically in the past month, and there is no question now who the big prize is. Guys like Suggs, Mobley, green, kuminga, etc all may have the raw physical skills to eventually be stars at the next level. But Cade is the only one who is essentially a sure bet. Given his size, skill set, feel for the game and confidence there is almost no way I could see this guy not being a perennial all-star and franchise player at the next level. He is exactly the type of player (in the mold of a luka doncic) that a franchise can build around. This might actually be the most NBA ready prospect we’ve seen in a few years.

4+
    Choppy
    Participant

I agree. I really hope Detroit’s ‘restoring’ season will add up to a number 1 pick. Knowing Detroit’s lottery luck, we’ll probably pick 4th or 5th… Cunningham would be a great fit with pretty much anyone. A definite piece to build around.

1+
    hoopscop
    Participant

I beg to differ. This draft offers a tier with 3 guys, Cade, Mobley, Jalen that is equivalent to other franchise players like AD, Zion, Durant. Yes, Cade is the surest thing but there is no way I would take him ahead of the 2 others.

1+
      Choppy
      Participant

I hope you’re correct. I don’t have insider knowledge of Detroit’s big board, but I’d have to think Cade would be #1 on their board. If he’s gone, though, I’d prefer Green, Kuminga and Mobley over Suggs.

1+
        NorrinRaddNorrinRadd
        NorrinRadd
        Participant

For sure that would seem like the best fits with that group of talent on the board. Cade is the Grant Hill remix. Kuminga is more to me a Marion remix. Green is almost a better cross of Oladipo/LeVert. Mobley has the tools to be great, but just doesn’t have “the eye of the tiger” yet. Maybe a DPOY someday but no AD. Suggs combination of IQ and athleticism makes him an ideal good player too. All should make an All-Star appearance someday. Just my opinion.

HeroescantdieHeroescantdie
    Heroescantdie
    Participant

Cade to me is consensus number one, You cannot teach his killer instinct or they say the clutch gene. Even when losing he hoist up shots that was going in. He always wants the ball in his hands in crunch time and regularly delivers big baskets and timely baskets., Green Kuminga Mobley and Suggs doesn’t project as that or as of right now. Suggs maybe a little but when you exchange him and cade I think Suggs team won’t be as succesful as cade. OK state was projected to be below 500 and 6 of leading scorers graduated and look at them now. He took it to this level. Not only by his play but his leadership and charisma

2+

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login