This topic contains 6 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar markfitz14 2 years, 4 months ago.

• Author
    jeffbobtomsteve
    Participant

Parameters : This is a starting 5, must be 25 or younger, this is for the rest of their career, fit matters.

PG Doncic – Want him making plays, with this much talent around him hopefully he’ll shoot less threes
    SG Booker – I’d want someone here that can be a great 3 and D guy but there’s not an obvious guy out there like that. Booker will be the only guy on my team here that’s already played in the finals.
    SF Brown – Here’s my 3 and D guy who can obviously do more than that too. Booker and Brown are wings that I trust and maybe someone like Edwards has more upside but I wouldn’t take any risks building a team like this.
    PF Mobley – He’s younger than everyone else on my team but there’s no way to leave him off, I’d actually say he’s the easiest pick for me because he’s versatile, plays great D and still has room to improve.
    C Bam – Another big that can defend and pass.

Omission notes
    I like Ja a lot, more than Lamelo, trae, or SGA for this team but I can’t leave off Luka so any of these guys would be playing off the ball and I’m taking Booker over them for that specific role.
    Tatum is probably the guy that’ll be on most teams from my omissions but I just like Brown better. I think Brown scores more efficiently and I couldn’t tell you exactly how much better either one of them is on defense so again it’s mostly about role.
    Cade, Edwards or Barnes are just too early in their careers for me. They all seem great but they all have question marks that keep them off.
    Zion is way too risky which is a shame.
    Ayton is a legit option but I like Bam more.

1+
    armchairgmarmchairgm
    armchairgm
    Participant

Bam
    Tatum
    Luka
    Lamelo
    Trae

1+
    NorrinRaddNorrinRadd
    NorrinRadd
    Participant

Ja Morant – Dude… he beat Steph to get to the playoffs, out played Kyrie and Young last year.
    Devin Booker – C’Mon, best player on Finals team.
    Luka Doncic – I mean he’s LUKA
    Evan Mobley – He will probably go down as best player in that draft.
    Bam Adebayo – BAM BAM

Hard to leave Zion and the Celtics boys off this list but if fit matters, I can’t have 5 iso guys… fun time! cheers!

1+
    Zouldiers
    Participant

Luka Doncic- For obvious reasons.
    Tyler Herro- Best scorer on the Heat currently and can play off Luka
    Gary Trent Jr.- Another guy that can play on or off the ball and be a 3 and D guy. Can also score in bunches too.
    OG Anunoby- Another star on the rise this season. might win MIP
    Bam Adebayo- Not a lot of bigs to choose from and he’s the best one. He can also play his natural role which is deferring and do his typical role as a defender and passer.

1+
    jeffbobtomsteve
    Participant

NorrinRadd’s team is great, think it would be a great debate on Ja vs Brown or even Tatum for that spot.
    The team with trae is fine but I just don’t want a defensive liability on a team like this.
    The gary trent team would be great if the rules were it needed to have two guys playing in Canada and multiple white guys (although I’d still take Barnes) but overall that team seems like nonsense.

1+
    OhCanada-
    Participant

Scottie Barnes starts at all positions.

1+
    markfitz14
    Participant

Lamelo
    Ja
    Tatum
    Doncic
    Mobley