This topic contains 52 replies, has 18 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar Ghost01 10 years, 10 months ago.

• Author
    T-WOLF FAN
    Participant

What should the Spurs do this off-season ? Who should they target in free agency or via trade? How do they get better as a team so they can get back to the Finals next year?….. Your thoughts??

BlueLaces
    Participant

Trade Green or Neal? Those are two of the best 3 pt shooters in the game. I highly doubt you find anyone in this years draft that will be better pros than those two. Plus, Tiago is a free agent this summer if I do recall.

TheBigEasy
      Participant

I am not that high on Neal. Okay he´s a great 3 point shooter, but he doesn´t bring a lot else to the table. His 1-on-1 defense is by times atrocious and during the season he was also jacking up too many low percentage shot and missed them. Of course the jacking up could also be his role as an aggressive shooter and Pop told him to just put pressure on the defense that way. Since I am not in the locker room that´s hard to tell. From a viewer point of view it was sometimes puzzling.

TheBigEasy
      Participant

I am not that high on Neal. Okay he´s a great 3 point shooter, but he doesn´t bring a lot else to the table. His 1-on-1 defense is by times atrocious and during the season he was also jacking up too many low percentage shot and missed them. Of course the jacking up could also be his role as an aggressive shooter and Pop told him to just put pressure on the defense that way. Since I am not in the locker room that´s hard to tell. From a viewer point of view it was sometimes puzzling.

BlueLaces
    Participant

Trade Green or Neal? Those are two of the best 3 pt shooters in the game. I highly doubt you find anyone in this years draft that will be better pros than those two. Plus, Tiago is a free agent this summer if I do recall.

jacobkey
    Participant

Find a way to put Al Jefferson next to Tim Duncan. Keep the rest of the pieces.

T-WOLF FAN
      Participant

He would be an upgrade over Splitter, but the price tag for Big Al is probably not in the Spur’s range.

T-WOLF FAN
      Participant

He would be an upgrade over Splitter, but the price tag for Big Al is probably not in the Spur’s range.

jacobkey
    Participant

Find a way to put Al Jefferson next to Tim Duncan. Keep the rest of the pieces.

Tongue-Out-Like-23
    Participant

I would love for them to take Jamaal Franklin. I think with the right coach, he can turn out to be a Tony Allen type of player.

Now what do they do for instant improvement? I think they can sign Tony Allen or Leandro Barbosa. Especially Leandro Barbosa, he could be the back-up point guard and be the spark plug off the bench.

TheBigEasy
      Participant

That would be a good pick, but I think that they´ll pick up Bullock. The Spurs love their shooters and Bullock can also bring a little bit of versatility at both wing positions. I also wouldn´t be shocked if Withey was still on the board that they´ll pick him, since weak side blocking is a weakness for this Spurs.

TheBigEasy
      Participant

That would be a good pick, but I think that they´ll pick up Bullock. The Spurs love their shooters and Bullock can also bring a little bit of versatility at both wing positions. I also wouldn´t be shocked if Withey was still on the board that they´ll pick him, since weak side blocking is a weakness for this Spurs.

Tongue-Out-Like-23
    Participant

I would love for them to take Jamaal Franklin. I think with the right coach, he can turn out to be a Tony Allen type of player.

Now what do they do for instant improvement? I think they can sign Tony Allen or Leandro Barbosa. Especially Leandro Barbosa, he could be the back-up point guard and be the spark plug off the bench.

rjb241
    Participant

idk what they do in the off-season, but as long as they keep developing Kawhi their gonna have an absolute beast. He was so impressive, he was just awesome……only 21, man he came outta nowhere, there was next to no chatter about him when he was drafted, the Spurs got a gem. I think he is going to get really really good, and he’s already great in all these different dimensions, it’s what makes him special a nice jumper(thats gonna get even better), a terrific defender(elite IMO), and possibly the best rebounding 6’7 small forward in the league.

rjb241
    Participant

idk what they do in the off-season, but as long as they keep developing Kawhi their gonna have an absolute beast. He was so impressive, he was just awesome……only 21, man he came outta nowhere, there was next to no chatter about him when he was drafted, the Spurs got a gem. I think he is going to get really really good, and he’s already great in all these different dimensions, it’s what makes him special a nice jumper(thats gonna get even better), a terrific defender(elite IMO), and possibly the best rebounding 6’7 small forward in the league.

rjb241
    Participant

rjb241
    Participant

Steven

trade a few players to move up in the draft and get another young solid piece. trade: splitter/blair and green/neal for a player in the 10-14 range of the draft and get a guy like cody zeller/steven adams.

Steven

trade a few players to move up in the draft and get another young solid piece. trade: splitter/blair and green/neal for a player in the 10-14 range of the draft and get a guy like cody zeller/steven adams.

Steven

then they could possibly have their big man of the future learning from tim duncan. and then the future spurs will be built around- one of the guys i mentioned, and kawhi leonard. (and danny green, cory joseph) if you think those guys will be future starters.

Steven

then they could possibly have their big man of the future learning from tim duncan. and then the future spurs will be built around- one of the guys i mentioned, and kawhi leonard. (and danny green, cory joseph) if you think those guys will be future starters.

he_gets_buckets
    Participant

Get Manu to fix whatever is making him turn the ball over so much.

db24kb24
      Participant

Trade Joesph & Mills if your going to run Manu as the primary ball handler and sign Jarrret Jack or Mo Williams to be the backup. If you ask Manu to facilitate you get turnovers, he is most productive when he sets his mind on scoring, then his assists and playmaking ability comes naturally.

db24kb24
      Participant

Trade Joesph & Mills if your going to run Manu as the primary ball handler and sign Jarrret Jack or Mo Williams to be the backup. If you ask Manu to facilitate you get turnovers, he is most productive when he sets his mind on scoring, then his assists and playmaking ability comes naturally.

he_gets_buckets
    Participant

Get Manu to fix whatever is making him turn the ball over so much.

laarethekings
    Participant

Spillter, Blair, Neal, and Manu are FA’s

After this playoffs I would renounce Manu rights. Which will free up the cap room to go after some FA’s. Neal is a guy they would be looking to resign, but for the right price. Spillter is a toss up… He had a good reg season with a better playoff run. I wouldn’t pay him, but that’s me.

Two players I would look to sign if I was SA would be Josh Smith and Marreese Speights.

Those two will eat up most of SA cap space but if they could move a little more money. Try and get a guy like Mo Williams. Darren Collison.

laarethekings
    Participant

Spillter, Blair, Neal, and Manu are FA’s

After this playoffs I would renounce Manu rights. Which will free up the cap room to go after some FA’s. Neal is a guy they would be looking to resign, but for the right price. Spillter is a toss up… He had a good reg season with a better playoff run. I wouldn’t pay him, but that’s me.

Two players I would look to sign if I was SA would be Josh Smith and Marreese Speights.

Those two will eat up most of SA cap space but if they could move a little more money. Try and get a guy like Mo Williams. Darren Collison.

Steven

i agree that they are both great 3 point shooters, but i also think they are the same type of player. they dont need them BOTH. they can trade one of them in a package and still keep the other while upgrading in the big man department.

Steven

i agree that they are both great 3 point shooters, but i also think they are the same type of player. they dont need them BOTH. they can trade one of them in a package and still keep the other while upgrading in the big man department.

trueone313detroit
    Participant

but neal backs up point n green backs up small forward keeping both of the would be good plus manu loyal he will take a cut if tim comes back next year

trueone313detroit
    Participant

but neal backs up point n green backs up small forward keeping both of the would be good plus manu loyal he will take a cut if tim comes back next year

bigheavy
    Participant

Time to find Manu’s replacement because chances are he won’t be returning. And find a legit back up point guard either in the draft or free agency. I think Myck Kabongo would be a nice fit coming off the bench someone who can get to the basket and create their own shot something the Spurs really need coming off the bench. I would like to see them go after Andre Blatche as well, he played pretty good for the Nets this year. Maybe even Gerald Henderson from the Bobcats need to improve the bench…….

bigheavy
    Participant

Time to find Manu’s replacement because chances are he won’t be returning. And find a legit back up point guard either in the draft or free agency. I think Myck Kabongo would be a nice fit coming off the bench someone who can get to the basket and create their own shot something the Spurs really need coming off the bench. I would like to see them go after Andre Blatche as well, he played pretty good for the Nets this year. Maybe even Gerald Henderson from the Bobcats need to improve the bench…….

Ny2daDeathOFme
    Participant

they need to target a back up pg, maybe calderon and they need to get a big like milsap. i would also try to trade for mbah a moute from the bucks. His hard nose defense style of play would do wonders for the spurs, he could play the 3 and the 4.

Ny2daDeathOFme
    Participant

they need to target a back up pg, maybe calderon and they need to get a big like milsap. i would also try to trade for mbah a moute from the bucks. His hard nose defense style of play would do wonders for the spurs, he could play the 3 and the 4.

TheBigEasy
      Participant

Mbah A Moute would be an excellent pick up. I know that he was linked to the Spurs a few years back and would thrive in their system. I am not that sure about a back up PG. They brought De Colo over last year and I would like to see how he develops next year. Besides that I think that Cory Joseph came along quite nicely at the end of the year.

TheBigEasy
      Participant

Mbah A Moute would be an excellent pick up. I know that he was linked to the Spurs a few years back and would thrive in their system. I am not that sure about a back up PG. They brought De Colo over last year and I would like to see how he develops next year. Besides that I think that Cory Joseph came along quite nicely at the end of the year.

laarethekings
    Participant

Even if Manu wants to come back I don’t think you go that way. Green to me should be the starting SG. Kawhi the SF.

Like I said in my first post. Josh Smith should be number one on the list. Play him at PF. The starting 5 being Parker, Green, Kawhi, Smith and Tim.

Also the back up to TImmy has to be a good one. Because he’ll be playing 18-22 mins a night.

At 28 I know you all are going to think I’m nuts. But you replace Neal because of FA and draft Seth Curry. He’s every bit the shooter you lost in Neal.

laarethekings
    Participant

Even if Manu wants to come back I don’t think you go that way. Green to me should be the starting SG. Kawhi the SF.

Like I said in my first post. Josh Smith should be number one on the list. Play him at PF. The starting 5 being Parker, Green, Kawhi, Smith and Tim.

Also the back up to TImmy has to be a good one. Because he’ll be playing 18-22 mins a night.

At 28 I know you all are going to think I’m nuts. But you replace Neal because of FA and draft Seth Curry. He’s every bit the shooter you lost in Neal.

417basketballfan
    Participant

would be a great player to draft, but he’s not coming out this year which sucks

417basketballfan
    Participant

would be a great player to draft, but he’s not coming out this year which sucks

rileymcshea3
    Participant

Does any one else feel Ricardo Ledo would be a match made in heaven with the spurs? His drafting range is were the Spurs are drafting, and the Spurs always get the most out of the players and with Ledos high ceiling he could actually be in the right system to get there. With Ginobili aging he could fill in that bench scoring role, while being able to play both wing positions. Put him in the D-league for a year and let him actually get some organized basketball and pro completion shape him up a little bit, then we bring him up to team the next year to get that off the bench scoring role. Then maybe another 2 years down the road you might have a bright future with Ricardo Ledo and Kawhi Leanord running the wings and compliment each other well.

rileymcshea3
    Participant

Does any one else feel Ricardo Ledo would be a match made in heaven with the spurs? His drafting range is were the Spurs are drafting, and the Spurs always get the most out of the players and with Ledos high ceiling he could actually be in the right system to get there. With Ginobili aging he could fill in that bench scoring role, while being able to play both wing positions. Put him in the D-league for a year and let him actually get some organized basketball and pro completion shape him up a little bit, then we bring him up to team the next year to get that off the bench scoring role. Then maybe another 2 years down the road you might have a bright future with Ricardo Ledo and Kawhi Leanord running the wings and compliment each other well.

Wreckless
    Participant

They have enough money to get Al Jefferson, which would be an ideal fit. Maybe sign Korver as well?

TheBigEasy
      Participant

I would be extremely happy if this will happen in the off season, but our fortune with free agents luring to San Antonio isn´t that great.

TheBigEasy
      Participant

I would be extremely happy if this will happen in the off season, but our fortune with free agents luring to San Antonio isn´t that great.

Wreckless
    Participant

They have enough money to get Al Jefferson, which would be an ideal fit. Maybe sign Korver as well?

DolanCare
    Participant

They need to get a free agent acquisition. It wouldn’t be fair to Tim Duncan to cart out the same team next year.

DolanCare
    Participant

They need to get a free agent acquisition. It wouldn’t be fair to Tim Duncan to cart out the same team next year.

Mr. HookShot
    Participant

They should pick up a wing player who has a lot of upside, and who can create shots (either for himself, or for others). That is a gamble, but it is one which SAS should make. Ledo, Rice Jr., L-Brown, or even Goodwin (if they can get a higher second round pick, not with their first) come to mind, so they can replace Manu with a younger guy who can go a form part of the future together with Leonard (and Green).

Mr. HookShot
    Participant

They should pick up a wing player who has a lot of upside, and who can create shots (either for himself, or for others). That is a gamble, but it is one which SAS should make. Ledo, Rice Jr., L-Brown, or even Goodwin (if they can get a higher second round pick, not with their first) come to mind, so they can replace Manu with a younger guy who can go a form part of the future together with Leonard (and Green).

Ghost01
    Participant

Whatever they do, I’m sure we’ll be questioning what they have left in the tank and they’ll end up winning 50+ games.

Ghost01
    Participant

Whatever they do, I’m sure we’ll be questioning what they have left in the tank and they’ll end up winning 50+ games.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login