This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar mikeyvthedon 3 years, 1 month ago.

• Author
    mikeyvthedon
    Participant

We know the contestants this year, for a halftime and what should be likely fleeting from memory immediately, dunk contest. Anfernee Simons, Cassius Stanley and Obi Toppin are all good athletes, am sure they will do a few nice dunks. The other thing they lack is star power. They have a combined 20 NBA dunks this season, 18 from Obi, 2 from Simons and 0 from Cassius. Meanwhile, Cassius is the best vertical athlete and the likely favorite to win.

On Viseland, we decided to dream a dream of stars entering the NBA Dunk Contest. We go over 5 players we wish or hope will enter, 5 of the best actual contestants, some of the more cringe contests and plenty of hot takes of past dunk contests as well. We also shoutout some of the big men who would have been fun contestants, give an idea of a way to help them in their disadvantage of size. We also talk about some 2021 NBA Draft prospects who could be future dunk contest competitors, including one I think stands head and shoulders above others as a contest dunker.

https://youtu.be/WV0FHYed4bg

Jason and I also choose who we think will win, but feel free to give your opinion and dunk contest takes. Any players you would have loved to be in it? We give a few guys we would like to see signed for 10-days just to be in the contest. I think Jalen Lecque might be just as fun as Cassius, personally. Any thoughts on positive changes to the dunk contest? To me, the reason this years is limited is due to it being during the actual All-Star game, which is why it lacks any actual All-Stars. Hoping next year it is back to being the crown jewel of All-Star Saturday.

Thank you to all who have watched, listened, subscribed, liked, shared or commented. Would really like to discuss this one, so hit me up here or on any of the other platforms we are on.

Also, here is a really cool thing that got released. A few weeks ago we talked about the passing of legendary talent evaluator, Tom Konchalski. During the summer, he spoke with someone on some of his memories of finding prospects and his outlook on certain things around basketball. Was a great read.

https://twitter.com/prcdotwork/status/1359159442827317250?s=20

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login