This topic contains 22 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar TarHeelRaven 9 years, 9 months ago.

• Author
    FutureNBAGM
    Participant

One of the true good guys and professionals that the NBA has had over the last 13 years since he was drafted 6th overall by Memphis in 2001. In my mind, he’ll always be remembered as a winner on both the collegiate and NBA levels. Happy retirement, Shane. Thanks for the memories.

Grandmama
    Participant

Seems like a great guy off the court, he’s very intelligent, but god damn is he dirty.  One of the dirtier players in the league.

Grandmama
    Participant

Seems like a great guy off the court, he’s very intelligent, but god damn is he dirty.  One of the dirtier players in the league.

d-grizzly
    Participant

Thank you Battier for being one of the better teammates in this league. It’s depressing that this is his exit. 

Without a doubt, he is one of the best defenders of all time.

he_gets_buckets
      Participant

Think thats a bit of a stretch. In his prime he could really D it up, but his niche was drawing charges not being an overly fantastic overall defender. 

he_gets_buckets
      Participant

Think thats a bit of a stretch. In his prime he could really D it up, but his niche was drawing charges not being an overly fantastic overall defender. 

d-grizzly
    Participant

Thank you Battier for being one of the better teammates in this league. It’s depressing that this is his exit. 

Without a doubt, he is one of the best defenders of all time.

Jordo
    Participant

wouldn’t surprise me at all to see him become an analyst. Shoot you might see him at the draft this year  I remember him doing some post draft interviews either last year or the year before

ProudGrandpa
      Participant

He’s already signed on to become a college basketball analyst for ESPN next year.

ProudGrandpa
      Participant

He’s already signed on to become a college basketball analyst for ESPN next year.

Jordo
    Participant

wouldn’t surprise me at all to see him become an analyst. Shoot you might see him at the draft this year  I remember him doing some post draft interviews either last year or the year before

LeFlopJAMES
    Participant

I’ll remember him for last year Finals Game7. Awesome.

He will not be the only Heat players who retires this year…

LeFlopJAMES
    Participant

I’ll remember him for last year Finals Game7. Awesome.

He will not be the only Heat players who retires this year…

R.JLewis
    Participant

battier has already agreed to become an analyst

R.JLewis
    Participant

battier has already agreed to become an analyst

sportspolymath
    Participant

Never liked him. 

sportspolymath
    Participant

Never liked him. 

Lotto Stud
    Participant

Most notable claim to fame for me was on Draft night, when he was asked what would his purchase be and he simply said a Volvo.

Lotto Stud
    Participant

Most notable claim to fame for me was on Draft night, when he was asked what would his purchase be and he simply said a Volvo.

capecodder
    Participant

I always thought he would be a prominent figure post retirement in national politics…..has the brains of Bill Bradley and more charisma

capecodder
    Participant

I always thought he would be a prominent figure post retirement in national politics…..has the brains of Bill Bradley and more charisma

TarHeelRaven
    Participant

not a fan of battier the player, but a fan of battier the person.  Him and Grant Hill Are two of the smartest most engaging guys I have heard speak off of the court. 

TarHeelRaven
    Participant

not a fan of battier the player, but a fan of battier the person.  Him and Grant Hill Are two of the smartest most engaging guys I have heard speak off of the court. 

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login