This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar Hitster 2 years, 7 months ago.

• Author
    OhCanada-
    Participant

Top player in the 2022 class. Probably no surprise here tbh. Sounds like he’s going to Kentucky. Also has Arizona, Kansas and Oklaholma St. on his list. Could also be going to the G-League as well.

The 2023 draft is gonna be absolutely stacked. Bates, Sharpe, Lively and the international pool is probably even better not just because of Wembanyama. Theres also Henri Veesar, Juan Nunez, Nikola Djurisic and Killian Mulwaya, (Mulwaya might actually be 2024).

Might be a good time to start tanking if your team didn’t already. Imo the 2022 is not very strong but 2023 is stacked.

1+
    Hitster
    Participant

Yep teams are pretty well tooled up for this year but knowing a loaded draft is coming up 2 years down the line gives them time to make moves. Washington if they could flip Beal for assets this season would be a prime contender to do so.

Houston and Oklahoma will likely be in no great rush for results to improve too.

armchairgmarmchairgm
    armchairgm
    Participant

I agree I think Kentucky too

canadabasketballisrisingcanadabasketballisrising
    canadabasketballisrising
    Participant

i think he goes g league

RUDEBOY-
    Participant

its official sharpe will attend kentucky

OhCanada-
    Participant

Kentucky it is. For now at least. With the new deals college kids can get to pull a salary I think Kentucky have reestablished themselves as the top players for elite prospects. Pretty sure they are Nike right? I forget. It will be interesting to see if after a year or so of seeing how well college players do with endorsements maybe some one like Scoota backs out of the G-League deal and signs with a prestigious program. Maybe endorsements arent as much as someone like Sharpe can make with the G League and he pulls out of Kentucky. Or maybe the G League offers up more money to these elite prospects.

This is good for the game though. These shoe and television companies have already completely monetized every facet of the game from a grassroot level so might as well allow these kids to earn.

Hitster
    Participant

I could see Coach Cal being one of the first top college coaches to embrace the relaxed NCAA rules about commercial activities for the college players. Also after his first losing season since his debut coaching season he likely wants to turn things around ASAP.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login