This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar Hitster 3 years, 2 months ago.

• Author
    DolanCare
    Participant

I wanted to gauge the forum’s temperature on Rui, one of the most awkward-looking NBA players I’ve seen. He’s started playing ball relatively late in life, which explains why he got significantly better each year at Gonzaga. But aside from his defensive instincts, his steady improvement appears to have stalled for his second season.

Does the Pride of Japan have a future as a starting player on a contender? I can’t see the Mike Malones or Erik Spoelstras of the world accepting Rui’s long-winded post ups in their offensive schemes.

canadabasketballisrisingcanadabasketballisrising
    canadabasketballisrising
    Participant

I generally have never been a fan of someone who can not either shoot the 3 or guard one position at an average rate minimum. They just become too much of a liability. I don’t think hachimura can be a starter on a good team, just like westbrook could never be the first option on a contender/ good team. Both players as great as they are in some things, can’t shoot well enough.

Hitster
    Participant

He can be a 3rd or 4th best player on a team but will the Wizards look to extend him especially as they have Deni Avdija on the roster now who potentially has more upside.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login