This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar Hitster 3 months ago.

• Author
    Hitster
    Participant

I like this deal for both sides personally. The Hornets have cleared a lot of future cap space to take n salary dumps or to look at FA market. They get a future first rounder which might be useful down the road too. We assume they will look to move Lowry on or buy him out but if they cannot they have a short term excellent veteran presence.

Kyle already has his title so cannot complain at being moved on for a guy 8 years younger and I fully expet he’ll end up back on a contenders roster shortly. Rozier might have done some stats padding with the Hornets but he is a proven 20ppg player and with 2 and a half seasons on his deal in his prime giving up afirst rounder was ano brainer for the Heat. They haven’t had to trade Herro to make any deals and Rozier’s timeline fits in perfectly with them.

He gives them scoring and ball arrying options and it gives him a chance to be on a contending team too.

1+
    NorrinRaddNorrinRadd
    NorrinRadd
    Participant

Miami’s trying to win. Great move for both sides… especially the Heat though – I like it for them more. It may have cost them a “first round pick” however this class is – well lets just say that the pick will be aight at best most likely. Rozier is a sneaky good pick up. Funny – I know it wouldn’t have happened, but a guy like Keyonte George last year had he stayed in college one more year would be considered at the top of this years’ draft (went 16th overall in the draft last year). Just perspective on how valuable a lower first round pick would be in this class… Hornets will get to pick for fit at least and yeah Imo the buyout is inevitable. He’s about at his retirement stage of his career. Timelines do work.

Hitster
    Participant

The pick is lottery protected in 2027 but unprotected in 2028 so Miami do have a bit of risk as the roster could have changed a lot in 4 years. They are a well run franchise though and always an attractive FA location so they have that in their favour.

They get a nice guaranteed time out of Rozier and its not an age risk as he’ll only be 32 when his contract ends if they opt him in for 25/26.

This year’s draft a top 10 pick may not be any more valuable than one out of the lottery as there doesn’t seem to be that top tier of talent. Teams picking lower down probably have as much chance at getting a star as those picking at the top of the lottery.

I’ll be interested to see if some of the contenders look to trade out of the draft to save cap space for a FA vet or whether some will look to try and extract a hidden gem.

1+

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login