This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar Hitster 2 years, 12 months ago.

• Author
    armchairgmarmchairgm
    armchairgm
    Participant

Sad a car accident took the life of draft prospect Terrence Clarke yesterday afternoon.

3+
    RUDEBOY-
    Participant

thats so sad..hearing this news reminds me of len bias, a highly touted prospect we never got a chance to see fulfill his potential.. and bobby phils death..phils died in a car crash after leaving practice and teammate david wesley was in a car behind him…even though that happened 20 yrs ago..wesley said he still have nightmares about the accident..so i can imagine what bj boston is going through after seeing his friend die….

i was looking at a video of the crash scene..they said he was driving at a high speed,ran a light,hit another car then crashed into a pole….reports said he wasnt wearing his seat belt properly…i felt he had the potential to be the top shooting guard prospect in 2021 draft….

2+
    BKGingerSnap
    Participant

Shades of Reggie Lewis too, I don’t if the Celtics were going to draft him but he was the biggest Boston prospect since Nerlens Noel and he was really close with Jaylen and Kemba. I hate car accidents too. They always make me so upset.

2+
    RUDEBOY-
    Participant

Maybe the NBA Will Honor him During the Draft in a Ceremony similar to the Tribute Isaac Austin receive a few yrs ago….I Know his mom and family would love hearing his Name Called on Draft Night!!

3+
    RUDEBOY-
    Participant

I stand corrected when I said Clark had the chance to become the top shooting guard prospect in the draft. How could I 4get Jalen Green? Who might be the best player from this draft?

armchairgmarmchairgm
    armchairgm
    Participant

I thought Clarke was a mid 2nd rounder, but he had potential to be a 6th man of the year type scorer off the bench.

RUDEBOY-
    Participant

He was 1st round worthy. Could’ve been a Will Barton clone or better.Playing in Cal’s system guys have to play more team oriented game. Bam, Cousins and Booker Benefitted from it. I felt Clarke had the talent to a better pro than college player

Hitster
    Participant

Such sad news.

RudeBoy mentioning Len Bas it makes me wonder how different the NBA could have been if he’d have had a NBA career anything like the hype around him. Paired with Bird, McHale and Parish he’d have lightened Bird and McHale’s workload hugely and potentially lengthened their career. It would have also been concievable that Red Auerbach might have still found a way to add Lewis in 1987 too.

Lewis as Bias’s long term running mate post the Big 3 era could have kept Boston competitive well into mid 1000’s.

Also tragic to think we lost Lewis and Petrovic within a couple of months in 1993.

1+

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login