This topic contains 22 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar ProudGrandpa 10 years, 10 months ago.

• Author
    realkerrykittles30
    Participant

This guy according to some people might slip into the late 1st round. Does anybody else thinks he can move up that far? i have him going to the Lakers in the 2nd. I also heard the Warriors MAY buy a 2nd round pick to pick him up. Mccullm plays good defense and can give you a highlight or two in the open court. Thoughts?

FutureNBAGM
    Participant

I dont see it happening. Late 30’s at the highest.

FutureNBAGM
    Participant

I dont see it happening. Late 30’s at the highest.

Sewok15
    Participant

I’ve been high on him for a while but I would be surprised to see him in the first round. I have heard a lot of people liking Canaan to move into the first round. With other fringe first rounders like Wolters, Green, Jackson, Brown and even Kabongo I think it will be hard for more than one of these guys to move into the first round. Especially because the depth at the position in the second round.

Mopgrass
      Participant

Talent-wise, I like them in this order.

1) Isaiah Canaan
      2) Pierre Jackson
      3) Ray McCallum
      4) Nate Wolters
      5) Lorenzo Brown
      6) Myck Kabongo

I think Canaan will go in the 1st round and MAYBE Pierre. Really, the top 4 guys are worth a 1st round pick. I have McCallum listed as the 30th best player in the draft, but for him to get picked there, 6 or 7 other PG’s would have to go first… which seems unlikely.

Mopgrass
      Participant

Talent-wise, I like them in this order.

1) Isaiah Canaan
      2) Pierre Jackson
      3) Ray McCallum
      4) Nate Wolters
      5) Lorenzo Brown
      6) Myck Kabongo

I think Canaan will go in the 1st round and MAYBE Pierre. Really, the top 4 guys are worth a 1st round pick. I have McCallum listed as the 30th best player in the draft, but for him to get picked there, 6 or 7 other PG’s would have to go first… which seems unlikely.

Sewok15
    Participant

I’ve been high on him for a while but I would be surprised to see him in the first round. I have heard a lot of people liking Canaan to move into the first round. With other fringe first rounders like Wolters, Green, Jackson, Brown and even Kabongo I think it will be hard for more than one of these guys to move into the first round. Especially because the depth at the position in the second round.

Prime Time
    Participant

I think he’s an underrated player and will be a steal. I don’t know if he’ll sneak into the first though.

Prime Time
    Participant

I think he’s an underrated player and will be a steal. I don’t know if he’ll sneak into the first though.

JoeWolf1

Never been to high on him. He’s always reminded me of Nolan Smith, he’s fine in the 40’s or 50’s because he does have talent, but I think he be a bad first round pick.

realkerrykittles30
      Participant

lol never Nolan smith is going to be out the league this year. Something bout duke guards they dont last that long. Ray has the toughness to last in the league and his much better than smith just play at a smaller school to help his dad out

JoeWolf1

Exactly, I don’t think Ray is going to have a 10 year career. He has some tools and probably will make a roster, but every time I saw him against major conference competition he had an off night. You certainly don’t need to play in a big conference to make the league, but the best mid-major guys usually rise to those challenges.

JoeWolf1

Exactly, I don’t think Ray is going to have a 10 year career. He has some tools and probably will make a roster, but every time I saw him against major conference competition he had an off night. You certainly don’t need to play in a big conference to make the league, but the best mid-major guys usually rise to those challenges.

FutureNBAGM
        Participant

Well, I think it’s safe to say Kyrie will have a long NBA career

FutureNBAGM
        Participant

Well, I think it’s safe to say Kyrie will have a long NBA career

realkerrykittles30
      Participant

lol never Nolan smith is going to be out the league this year. Something bout duke guards they dont last that long. Ray has the toughness to last in the league and his much better than smith just play at a smaller school to help his dad out

JoeWolf1

Never been to high on him. He’s always reminded me of Nolan Smith, he’s fine in the 40’s or 50’s because he does have talent, but I think he be a bad first round pick.

PurpleMonkeyDishwasher
    Participant

As a point guard, he will have an off night if the players that he’s playing with can’t keep up against better competition. Many times point guards take responsibility for other players poor play and there really isn’t any proper way to measure the effect.

I’ve watched many games where at first look it appears that a player was screwing up only to find out later the other players weren’t where they were supose to be.

PurpleMonkeyDishwasher
    Participant

As a point guard, he will have an off night if the players that he’s playing with can’t keep up against better competition. Many times point guards take responsibility for other players poor play and there really isn’t any proper way to measure the effect.

I’ve watched many games where at first look it appears that a player was screwing up only to find out later the other players weren’t where they were supose to be.

Taylor Gang Mike
    Participant

Ray is a beast. Athletic, coaches son..I think Orlando should take Ben Mclemore then Ray later in the draft. He’s gonna be a steal

Taylor Gang Mike
    Participant

Ray is a beast. Athletic, coaches son..I think Orlando should take Ben Mclemore then Ray later in the draft. He’s gonna be a steal

ProudGrandpa
    Participant

Well, as *ahem* the guy who just wrote a profile on him today, I think I know him pretty well. And i’m telling you, no, he does not do anything particularly great. He’s just a solid player who played well in college for an ok team and though he might be backup PG material, even long term, in the NBA, he is not a first round guy. Not with guys like Canaan and Wolters and even Lorenzo Brown available who have so much more to offer.

ProudGrandpa
    Participant

Well, as *ahem* the guy who just wrote a profile on him today, I think I know him pretty well. And i’m telling you, no, he does not do anything particularly great. He’s just a solid player who played well in college for an ok team and though he might be backup PG material, even long term, in the NBA, he is not a first round guy. Not with guys like Canaan and Wolters and even Lorenzo Brown available who have so much more to offer.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login