This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by NorrinRaddNorrinRadd NorrinRadd 2 years, 11 months ago.

• Author
    mikeyvthedon
    Participant

From 1995-2005, 39 players were drafted as “Prep to Pros”, meaning straight out of HS to the NBA. With a year of Viseland in the books, we decided to rank the top 10 players from this era, which started with rookie scale contracts and ended with the age limit being put into place for the 2006 NBA draft. A lot of rings, some tough decisions, and some incredible NBA success.

https://youtu.be/0d5iMfa1fME

I know there was talk about a possible “double draft” in 2022 and ending the NBA age limit, though I think the success of the G League Ignite program and other possibilities outside of the NCAA have put that on hold. I think with the prevalence of high school shoe circuits like EYBL, 3SSB and UAA, there is certainly more information and a base to evaluate players before they finish high school. Even so, still volatile and we see how much the RSCI can shake up once players get to the draft one year or so later.

Anyone have different rankings from what we put together? Was happy with our rankings, 10th was honestly the toughest one if anything. It has been a year of us doing this and really have appreciated anyone who has supported or checked it out. Thank you, hoping one day we will have some guests and we definitely will have more draft content coming soon!

1+
    NorrinRaddNorrinRadd
    NorrinRadd
    Participant

Your list is spot on, I give Al Harrington, Al Jefferson, and Monta Ellis the most honorable mention from that era and Jonathon Bender is a big what if story. That guy could’ve/would’ve/should’ve.

1+

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login