This topic contains 7 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by festar35festar35 festar35 3 years ago.

• Author
    mikeyvthedon
    Participant

I had promised after our Viseland Mock Lottery that I would give picks 15-30, so here it is!

https://youtu.be/lIwTJPhI8_w

Definitely will have another one soon when we gather more of a gauge of where players are likely to go. However, wanted to focus on Davion Mitchell. I know he seems to be everyones favorite lottery riser, but I think there are some red flags. He will be 23-years old before his first NBA game, is 6’2 with a 6’3 wingspan according to the Baylor website (props to them for listing player wingspans) and shot 66% FT during his college career.

What Davion Mitchell did this season was very impressive, just am not sure he has the shooting projection or lead guard upside that he seems to have garnered from many. Anyone else a bit concerned with some of those factors?

We also delve into the top International players who are likely first round picks, Tre Mann, some Kentucky prospects and some other polarizing draft prospects. Let me know what you think about the drafts mid and late first. Any subscribers, likes, comments help a lot, and we are also on a ton of podcast platforms. Thank you for all of those who watched the lottery ep last week!

3+
    OhCanada-
    Participant

Hmm. That wingspan is a bit concerning considering he hangs his hat on defense. But Fred Van Vleet’s a top 10 defender at his position and he’s even smaller and also entered the league a bit older. I’d take the risk outside of the lottery he just really passes the eyetest.

3+
    RUDEBOY-
    Participant

i’ve been on the davion mitchell bandwagon since january..to me he’s a combination of marcus smart,jarrett jack & donavan mitchell (donavan wore davion’s baylor jersey the other night)…i love the fact that davion is constantly in attack mode on both sides of the floor…

a few players who have improved their stock recently:

1.chris duarte..praying either my lakers or my grizzlies nab this kid..sleeper of the draft..
    2.austin reaves
    3.jared butler went from a possible 1st rounder to sure fire 1st round..
    4.jerico sims
    5.quentin grimes
    6.drew timme..
    7.raiquan gray

1+
    OhCanada-
    Participant

Nailed it. Mitchell would be a perfect fit with the Knicks. Thibs would love that guy.

armchairgmarmchairgm
    armchairgm
    Participant

I like the Jarrett Jack comparison for MItchell.

3+
    RUDEBOY-
    Participant

yeah, i watched jack play in the g league dude can still ball..not sure why nobody has called him up…..

1+
    NorrinRaddNorrinRadd
    NorrinRadd
    Participant

I like Davion Mitchell a lot, but not as much as his stock is right now for the reasons stated. I think Jared Butler is close as a prospect for sure. Lets see, so based on the draft order for the final 16 of your first round draft, I’ll finish the rest of the 1st round with you based on my lottery mock: (No trades)

15 – HAWKS – Josh Giddey
    16 – CELTICS – Alperen Sengun
    17 – HEAT – Johnny Juzang
    18 – KNICKS – Sharife Cooper
    19 – HORNETS – Cameron Thomas
    20 – SPURS – Usman Garuba
    21 – KNICKS – Jaden Springer
    22 – ROCKETS – Ziaire Williams
    23 – NUGGETS – Davion Mitchell
    24 – ROCKETS – Josh Christopher
    25 – LAKERS – Jared Butler
    26 – CLIPPERS – Greg Brown
    27 – 76ERS – Corey Kispert
    28 – NETS – Ayo Dosunmu
    29 – SUNS – Chris Duarte
    30 – JAZZ – Ariel Hukporti

Probably some controversial picks, it’s a first round mock 1.0.
    I didn’t know McBride had that solid of a wingspan.

1+
    festar35festar35
    festar35
    Participant

If Indiana falls to late lottery I would be more than happy if we grabbed Davion Mitchell, I kind of called him a more athletic Mike Conley. I think his defensive mindset would be huge for that roster even if he is undersized.

Also very high on Usman Garuba, but only if we decided to keep Turner & trade Sabonis.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login