This topic contains 8 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar OhCanada- 2 years, 2 months ago.

• Author
    canadabasketballisrisingcanadabasketballisrising
    canadabasketballisrising
    Participant

2 facts: Harden has regressed since his hamstring injury, is slower and getting holder
    Simmons value is down because he refuses to learn to shoot and is a diva.
    This is the best value the sixers willl get for simmons.

Ben Simmons and Seth Curry for Harden.

Sixers get Harden as their point guard.
    Sixers
    Harden
    Green
    Thybulle (maxey 6th man)
    Harris
    Embiid

Nets
    Kyrie
    Curry
    Harris
    Durant
    Simmons- 4 elite shooters around simmons.. Blake can replace kyrie with simmons at pg still enough shooting.

No team will do better.

4+
    Anton1234
    Participant

Holy shirt! Woah, I mean, the Sixers just basically swapped Seth Curry for Harden, they must get better, right? With Embiid playing like an MVP this is a team to watch.
    And I think it’s a good trade for Brooklyn too, Simmons is more durable, way better defensively and a better fit with Kyrie and Durant. But if Kyrie still cannot play home games the offense will be a bit too Durant-focused half the time. He is like the only creator on the team now.

2+
    Dazzling Dunks and Basketball Bloopers
    Participant

Sixers had to give up a little more than anticipated but it looks like it’s done. Losing curry hurts for Philly but was always going to likely have to happen for this to get done. Losing Drummond could potentially be a problem if embiid is forced to sit out any significant time. Perhaps they could pick up someone on the buyout market as a replacement. The 2 first round picks they had to give up could potentially come back to haunt them as well, and depletes their assets for future deals. Brooklyn definitely squeezed as much as they could out of morey in this deal. The sixers are betting hard that harden will be motivated and still capable of being the player he was in Houston for at least a few more years. He hasn’t resembled that player much this season.
    Brooklyn clearly didn’t want to trade harden but got about as much as they could out of this deal. A lot of unknowns about how this play out (Simmons readiness to play, Durant’s health, Irving’s status for the remainder of the season) but it does at least balance out their roster and add depth. Hopefully we’ll get to see these teams (with full rosters) square off in the playoffs.

1+
    OhCanada-
    Participant

You called it @rising thats pretty cool! As for the trade itself am I the only one who doesn’t care? Neither of these teams make it out the East. I have Milwaukee, Miami and maybe even Chicago, Boston and Toronto ranked higher than them. These aren’t teams. You don’t build a team by demanding a trade and claiming mental instability to miss games. They just traded Doc’s son in law ffs.

Milwaukee’s the favorites, Miami is next up and Chicago, Toronto and Boston are not to be taken lightly.

1+
      Anton1234
      Participant

You’re delusional if you think all these teams will be better than the Nets and Sixers in the play offs. Just because the players did something you do not like does not mean team cchemistry will be poor and they will not play well. Toronto has the power of friendship on their side, but if the Nets get a healthy Durant and Harris, I’m afraid the power of friendship won’t be good enough to win anything.

1+
        OhCanada-
        Participant

Brooklyn for sure is not doing anything this year. I’ve been saying that all year. As for Philly yes I probably have them ranked third in the East but I don’t think them losing to Chicago, Toronto or Boston would be a surprise.

Hitster
    Participant

I’m surprised that Philly have had to give up two first rounders considering Harden’s age. It is a good deal for the Nets and they get a couple of picks back too. Just need Kyrie to have his jab now!

1+
      stepback3stepback3
      stepback3
      Participant

Or Play back in New Jersey in the playoffs lol

1+
    BothTeamsPlayedHard-BothTeamsPlayedHard-
    BothTeamsPlayedHard-
    Participant

It will be interesting to see how NYC’s vaccination rule evolves as the Omicron wave subsides. Obviously, the pandemic has thrown everyone for some loops, and predicting where we will be in May is guesswork, but it does feel like there is growing possibility of Irving being eligible to play home games by the playoffs. Then again, with both Irving and Simmons, it is just a matter of time before the next headache comes about. The annual game of hot potato Simmons plays in the playoffs might not be as embarrassing with Durant and Irving, but history says one or both will find a way to make a dramatic spectacle of themselves.

4+

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login