This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by NorrinRaddNorrinRadd NorrinRadd 2 years ago.

• Author
    DJSCBBB
    Participant

No way this kid goes in the lottery already showing that he will be injury prone and only shooting 37% on field goals while being one of the taller players in his weak conference. Being a 5 star guy he should be tearing up the Horizon league.

1+
    armchairgmarmchairgm
    armchairgm
    Participant

I think he goes back end of lottery right now because he is the type of combo forward that is in in the NBA right now with his ability to stretch floor. Teams will think he is likely to be better in NBA when he is playing with better players and there is less attention on him leading to easier more wide open shots. I could see him being a role playing starter/6th man type scorer, but also a guy that could disappoint if teams take him too high.

1+
    OhCanada-
    Participant

He’s 6’9, he can shoot and he can dribble the ball. Its just very rare to find his skillset with the various ways he can get his shot off. I don’t see how he slips out of the 1st round despite his struggles, he will probably do very well in workouts.

That being said I wouldn’t be happy if my Raptors picked him.

1+
    NorrinRaddNorrinRadd
    NorrinRadd
    Participant

PB&J has made some strides this season. He had a really rough start. The issue with him is he should be dominating the horizon conference. I agree, this guy is likely a first round guy.

BothTeamsPlayedHard-BothTeamsPlayedHard-
    BothTeamsPlayedHard-
    Participant

Baldwin has played two Horizon games, one of which was after a covid-pause. Now, he was not great against Florida, Rhode Island, or Colorado. Given that the Horizon is not particularly strong, though Oakland beat Oklahoma State and hung with Michigan State and West Virginia, it is going to be difficult to get a great read on him. That said, I would expect as he gets back up to game speed that both he and Milwaukee will get better as the season goes on. What will be interesting to see, seeing as though he wanted to play for his father, is if Milwaukee finishes behind Oakland and gets invited to the NIT or one of the other post-season tournaments whether he plays or opts out. It goes without saying that he could use a good game or two against big conference opponents. That said, Santi Aldama went in the first round despite never playing a non-Patriot League game in college. For teams who believe in their G-League development program, it allows them more leeway in taking guys who cannot get on the floor for them to start.

1+
    NorrinRaddNorrinRadd
    NorrinRadd
    Participant

I think this Patrick Baldwin, Jr. is the toughest one to rank right now… I don’t even want to put him in a mock or big board at this point. He has “tools” and that’s it. He hasn’t done anything and hardly played. That couldn’t have helped his stock. @DJSCBBB, your first assessment is spot on. Imo, I don’t think this kid has what it takes.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login