This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Avatar vulture711 6 years, 2 months ago.

• Author
    KHAM83
    Participant

I’ve read recently that the Pelicans are shopping Gordon and that Thad Young has requested a trade from Philly. Could you see the two teams working with each other? Gordon alongside MCW, and provides shooting which Philly lacks. Young can man the 3 position in NO. Philly can even throw in Hawes, guaranteeing an even worst Sixers team and better Pelicans squad. Remember Pelicans pick must fall outside of the top 5 for Philly to get it. Only concern would be Gordon’s willingness to go to a team that’s rebuilding.

Or if they believe in Austin Rivers potential, give them Young for Rivers, salary cap filter, and remove the protection from their 2014 pick.

bigtymer32
    Participant

i doubt philly would want gordon’s contract or the fact he’s injury prone.philly’s back court is already getting deep with talent.maybe a trade for austin rivers wouldn’t be bad becasue he’s still on a rookie contract.

bigtymer32
    Participant

i doubt philly would want gordon’s contract or the fact he’s injury prone.philly’s back court is already getting deep with talent.maybe a trade for austin rivers wouldn’t be bad becasue he’s still on a rookie contract.

Sewok15
    Participant

Please no Austin Rivers in Philly….as you said they need a shooter next to MCW and Rivers isn’t that. He is another player that needs the ball to be effective which they arleady have 3 of in Turner, MCW and Wroten. They need to spread the floor so adding another slashing guard makes no sense…unless you really like his potential but I haven’t seen anything from Rivers that impressed me in a year and a half in the NBA.

Sewok15
    Participant

Please no Austin Rivers in Philly….as you said they need a shooter next to MCW and Rivers isn’t that. He is another player that needs the ball to be effective which they arleady have 3 of in Turner, MCW and Wroten. They need to spread the floor so adding another slashing guard makes no sense…unless you really like his potential but I haven’t seen anything from Rivers that impressed me in a year and a half in the NBA.

vulture711
    Participant

Why would Philly feel the need to do anything with a guy with 2 years left on his deal because he wants to be traded ?  So does every other guy who plays on a bad team.  Why even have contracts – just go pay guys per game and they can leave when they want.  When you make deals it needs to be out of leverage – not because some player is crying the blues – see Houston.  Else teams just step up with junk

vulture711
    Participant

Why would Philly feel the need to do anything with a guy with 2 years left on his deal because he wants to be traded ?  So does every other guy who plays on a bad team.  Why even have contracts – just go pay guys per game and they can leave when they want.  When you make deals it needs to be out of leverage – not because some player is crying the blues – see Houston.  Else teams just step up with junk

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login