This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar mikeyvthedon 3 years ago.

• Author
    mikeyvthedon
    Participant

Had the privilege of going to the Nike Hoop Summit practices and games every year from 2012-2019. Also have been to every game in Portland since 2008, other than 2009 (unfortunately, the game was awesome). This week on Viseland, decided to give some stories and context on what was happening at the time, information on players and give details on who made it, lived up to the hype or had weeks that were not indicative of future success.

https://youtu.be/3gFQy7TeD9U

Hoping people enjoy this one. Wrote a lot about the Hoop Summit in my years writing for this site. Anyone else have good memories from the game or favorite performances? Nico Mannion vs. Cole Anthony was epic in 2019. Jamal Murray went off in 2015 in what was an incredibly close win for the World.

The two best teams since I have covered it, just in terms of how good they were at the time (and I think also likely moving forward) were the 2013 World Team and the 2016 USA Team. They both won by record amounts for the respective distinctions, though will also say the 2016 World Team was by far the worst team since I had been covering as well, which was unfortunate.

Would appreciate anyone who subscribed, liked, commented or shared. The Hoop Summit has been a place where I have met so many great people and seen a lot of fantastic, future NBA players. Thank you to everyone who has supported and who checks out the video or podcast!

1+

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login