This topic contains 11 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar aamir543 12 years, 1 month ago.

• Author
    BruinSteve
    Participant

I was watching first take today and one topic was if Kentucky could beat the Charlotte Bobcats. I thought the NBA team would win but wouldn’t it be entertaining if they played. It would be coold if the NCAA champion is able to play the NBA team with the worst record.

Agree/Disagree?

jeff416
    Participant

I guess it would be entertaining to watch, but the NBA team would likely blow them out everytime. Every NBA team has guys who were very good in college, and they are much more experienced than college teams. They also are usually much bigger than college teams. Even though the Bobcats suck at the NBA level, they are still better then any college team.

Nbanflguy
    Participant

It would pretty much be like 5 or 6 nba players and 7 college level players (Kentucky) vs 12 Nba Players. Bobcats would win every time. Would be fun to watch though.

F_DA_PO
    Participant

I think Kentucky would have a chance if each team was only allowed to choose 6 players. The Bobcats would probably choose Kemba Walker, Dj Augustin, Gerald Henderson, Tyrus Thomas, Bryon Mullens, Maggette. Bobcats would have a way better back court, but Teague and Lamb could hold their ground. Gilchrist and Davis would be the most talented players on the floor and could lead the team to a win. Terrence Jones/Darius Miller could match up decently with Magette and Henderson.

Future_Scout

lol i posted this in another thread… seriously im taking UK > bobcats

sheltwon3
    Participant

I think people forget how hard it is win in the League and that every NBA players is close to elite status.  Bobcats would blow Kentucky out.  It would not even be that fun to watch.  You are talking about a speed different that takes most top rookies time to adjust.

Future_Scout

give me UKs starting 5 > bobcats starting 5 in a game thats not 48 mins

Steven

i think the bobcats would win a very close game against kentucky. look, the starting 5 for kentucky is NBA  bound so that alone they have the talent. (not the experience) they also probably have a couple future NBA players too (on the bench)  They have a great coach who would get them prepared to go against the best… Theyd also have the confidence if they won the championship. 

Finally, didnt a D2 WHOOP the orlando magic before the season started? dont get me wrong i guarantee the nba players werent trying… but still…

ProudGrandpa
    Participant

it’d be more competitive than you think.  If they played 100 times, I’d give UK about 30.

Let’s look at the matchups:

C-Biyombo vs. Davis- Big advantage Davis.  More polished on both ends of the court.

PF-Tyrus Thomas vs. Terrence Jones-I’d say Thomas has the slightest of advantages, but neither is a key player for his team.

SF-Corey Maggette vs. MKG- Maggette can score better, but MKG is already an NBA-ready prospect.  Slight advantage Maggette

SG-Gerald Henderson vs. Doron Lamb- Lamb would have trouble guarding Henderson.  Moderate advantage Henderson.

PG-DJ Augustin vs. Marquis Teague-Augustin is way more polished.  Moderate advantage Augustin.

Bench-Kemba, BJ Mullens, Reggie Williams, Derrick Brown vs. Darius Miller, Kyle Wiltjer, Eloy Vargas-Gotta give the large advantage to the Bobcats.  They have 7 NBA players, Bobcats have maybe 3 potential NBA players

The starting five could hang with the Bobcats.  They obviously have MUCH better chemistry and that is the key.  70 out of 100, I think, is being generous to the Bobcats.

M-Eazy
    Participant

This is the only way you could get people to actually watch a Bobcats game lol

mikeyvthedon
    Participant

Would it not be just horribly insulting for the NBA team? I mean, they might get hyped up to whup these kids and prove something, but when would they play this game? Why would the championship team want to risk exposure or injury when they probably have players preparing for the draft process?

Kentucky is a great team and I am not so sure they could not hang with the Bobcats based off of the power of their starting 5, but I give depth to the Bobcats. Lets face it folks, the Bobcats have some grown @ss men on their team, like every NBA team. They have had time to bulk up and while they have done a poor job this year, they have a bunch of guys who have made basketball a career rather than are beginning too do so.

As much as people might say, "Well Anthony Davis and Mike Kidd-Gilchrist are better than anyone on there team", I am not sure if the other players on Kentucky are. Surely their are players that will make great NBA role guys, but it will probably take time. Kemba Walker torched them last year, Corey Maggette would make anyone other than Terrence Jones look like a tooth pick amongst Kentucky’s rotation. I mean, anything could happen in one game and I get that the Bobcats are a really poor NBA team right now. Still, would like to think common sense would reign instead of Charles Barkley embarassing bad NBA teams by making claims like these, lol.

aamir543
    Participant

I was watching first take, and that one guy got so defensive when the other guy said that the Bobcats would lose to UK.

Charles Barkey said the Raps would definatly lose to UK, and maybe the Bobcats, I believe he was just trying not to upset his friend aka the goat. The Raptors would whup these guys by 30, Bargs and DeRozan would have 25 each, the Raps have 16 some odd wins even though Bargs has missed more than half the season.

Now although It would be tempting to say UK would beat the Bobcats, those are NBA guys, Gereald Henderson is a very good scorer, Maggette has really put it together since injury, Tyrus Thomas would beat up those kids down low, and Augustine would do his share of damage as well. 

The one thing I didn’t agree with was those guys saying Anthony Davis is a kid, Bismack Biyombo is a man. Now I know all of the Biyombo jokes, but this kid won’t even be able get a drink for more than a year, he’s not even 20, even though he’s been playing pro ball for years he’s still very raw and unpolished, but I will way that in my opinion the future looks very bright. I don’t think he’ll be more than what Serge Ibaka will become, and I know we were probably expecting more out of a top 10 pick, but he very well could be a 10 and 9 player with 3.5 blocks in the future and play suffocating D.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login