This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar Scrooge McDuck 3 years, 2 months ago.

• Author
    Dazzling Dunks and Basketball Bloopers
    Participant

I personally don’t think the actual game should be held this year but it looks like its happening. Regardless, the players deserve to get recognized. Here are the teams I would pick if it were up to me using the same criteria the media and coaches do to select their rosters. I’m strictly taking the most deserving players based on the first half of this season, and not taking the fan vote or career accomplishments into account.

East Starters
    G Ben Simmons
    G James Harden
    F Kevin Durant
    F Giannis Antetokoumpbo
    C Joel Embiid
    East Reserves
    G Kyrie Irving
    G Bradley Beal
    F Jayson Tatum
    F Jaylen Brown
    F Julius Randle
    WC Domatas Sabonis
    WC Zach Lavine
    Toughest Omissions: Trae Young, Bam Adebayo, Kris Middleton, Fred Van Vleet, Malcolm Brogdon, Nikola Vucevic

I could see the argument for Simmons not starting or even possibly leaving him off the team entirely. But the fact that he is so integral to Philly’s success and they are leading the East right now led me to put him as a starter. Guys like Durant and Irving have missed a decent amount of games but have just been so good when they have played that I couldn’t leave them off. The margin for the last 3-4 picks is razor thin. I tried to take team success and overall contributions into account and these are the guys I picked, but it could basically be a toss up for several of the guys I omitted.

West Starters
    G Steph Curry
    G Damian Lillard
    F Lebron James
    F Kawhi Leonard
    C Nikola Jokic

West Reserves
    G Luka Doncic
    G Donovan Mitchell
    F Paul George
    F Anthony Davis (will likely not play due to injury)
    C Rudy Gobert
    WC Zion Williamson
    WC Chris Paul
    WC Devin Booker
    Toughest Omissions: DeMar DeRozan, DeAaron Fox, Brandon Ingram

I actually had a much easier time here. The starters are pretty self-explanatory. Most of the reserves are too. The fact that Davis likely won’t play allowed me to put Booker in with the last spot.

So this is what I came with. Feel free to scrutinize.

1+
    NorrinRaddNorrinRadd
    NorrinRadd
    Participant

I think it’s a good list of ASG selections. I wouldn’t have Simmons start, that’s just me though. Imo he turns the ball over to much.

Dazzling Dunks and Basketball Bloopers
      Participant

I realize Simmons as a starter is easily my most questionable selection. Guys like Irving and Beal are clearly having more impressive statistical seasons. I could easily see the argument for either or both of them starting. Beal has been incredible as a volume scorer, but it just hasn’t translated to much team success. Irving has been incredibly efficient and spectacular when he has played , but he also went awol for almost 3 weeks in the middle of the season. So ultimately I decided on Simmons.

1+
    Scrooge McDuck
    Participant

Don’t They do front court and backcourt as positions now? the all star game should be held. I like the topic, but the OP is out to lunch. So many incorrections hardly worth replying

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login