This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar mattmancalcagno 11 years, 10 months ago.

• Author
    mattmancalcagno
    Participant

This is my third mock, I have a lot of people in different spots. I would really appreciate alot of good comments because I have a lot of question marks with this draft.

mattmancalcagno
    Participant

thats crazy because last year the cavs were high on barnes and now that they have a good shot at getting him. If i were cleveland I would take MKG over drummond.  That link could also be a smoke screen too.

draftmangt
    Participant

Not sure if its true or not but there is a report that both Drummond and MKG are higher on the Cavs board than Barnes.

http://www.waitingfornextyear.com/2012/06/sources-cavaliers-have-drummond-ranked-higher-than-barnes/

drk3351
    Participant

I don’t see why huston wwould draft marshall when they already have 2 very good pont guards, and even if they tade lowry backup point isnt their biggest concern.

mattmancalcagno
    Participant

lol i think i got to lazy to change a couple of the comments

Mikez
    Participant

I don’t know if your comments are up to date on the mock, you have MKG going to the kings, but mention washington as the team.

I like the Cavs picks, except I wish Wroten would drop a spot to 33 😀

mamadou
    Participant

Not the biggest concern, but on the other side you don’t have any answers at 14 and 16.

Lowry is on the trading block and dragic is FA, if you bank on dragic and trade lowry, marshall will be a nice addition as a true floor general coming off the bench.

See him there, as a Dre miller replacement for the nuggets,( or maybe as a bought pick by the suns) personally.

@matt, quincy miller is too low(freshmen is too tall, too much skills and upside to be so low), melo too high(magic won’t waste a pick on a back up C, they have so many holes elsewhere), ezeli’s a 2nd rounder(too raw, too old).

PJ3-lamb-sully-henson, real headaches, too much range for them.

mattmancalcagno
    Participant

I think the opposite Quincy Miller is too raw, and needs to bulk up some more. In a sense he is project because he can be highly rewarding. I dont think a lottery team will take a waiver on him because of his past injuries and what he is now so it makes sense for a team like GS to take because they need a 3 man but their roster is good enough that they can afford to wait on Miller if that makes sense.

the point you make about the magic is a valid point, so who do u see them selecting in that spot because they do need help everywhere but i think point guard would be a nice place to start with and go for teague, but what does that leave them with the center spot? Daniel Orton? Ryan Anderson? They need to get a center.

My mock is a combo of team needs and potential/upside with the pick. The Heat need a big man because they have joel anthony, pittman, haslem, bosh, and battier… and juwan howard. Ezeli is the best available in that spot if they are looking for inside presence alone, cuz lets face it the heat are set on guard play they need help on the inside to allow them to not be so undersized in the frontcourt.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login