This topic contains 11 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar Scrooge McDuck 1 year, 9 months ago.

• Author
    r377r377
    r377
    Participant

Saw he can get up to 11 years in jail.

Ive seen the videos, photos and reports. It looks real nasty, choked her till she passed out, burst ear drum etc. She has the kids on video as a witness saying “Daddy hit mummy” etc

He has chosen to plead not guilty ?

2+
    OhCanada-
    Participant

Probably would’ve got a $100 million contract. Lost it all.

2+
    canadabasketballisrisingcanadabasketballisrising
    canadabasketballisrising
    Participant

This post is not to say he should lose it all or not- he’s a sick mofo.

But- most domestic cases of high-powered athletes don’t end up in jail sentences. What’s different about this one- because she is pressing charges??

1+
    Hitster
    Participant

Even if he didn’t get a jail term but was found guilty in the #MeToo era would any team really want to sign him. MJ with all his endorsements would unlikely want someone with that conviction on his payrole.

I guess an S and T with Kyrie might be an option.

canadabasketballisrising
    Participant

some team will i think but at a reduced price- and not most. I could see a westbrook for hayward and bridges. A lot of dammage control will need to happen, and all depends on if owner is willing to take on his talented and stupid wife beating ass

2+
    Hitster
    Participant

Would Jeanie Buss as a woman allow the Lakers to make this trade and you then have LBJ with his billionaire worth would rubbing shoulders with Bridges look good for all his endorsements.

1+
    BothTeamsPlayedHard-BothTeamsPlayedHard-
    BothTeamsPlayedHard-
    Participant

It is hard to assess how the NBA will react, though I suspect an indefinite suspension pending the trial is the most likely start. I don’t think the league will want him to be signed prior to some conclusion. Richaun Holmes was suspended, or away from the team, for what turned out to be 11 games for an accusation of assaulting his son made by his ex-wife. Since then, he has been granted full custody of that son, so I suspect he will be back in Sacramento with no further action. Prior to the start of the season in 2014, Adam Silver suspended Jeff Taylor for 24 games after pleading guilty to misdemeanor domestic violence assault and malicious destruction of hotel property. He was out of the NBA after that season, and has been in Madrid since. Bridges is facing a felony charge. If he takes a felony plea, or is convicted even without significant jail time, they might throw the book at him with the kind of suspension MLB gave Trevor Bauer. He got two years despite charges being dropped, though the specifics of what was going on, the photos, and another accuser makes that situation especially gruesome. At that point, Bridges might end up abroad, for at least a time, because he would be too toxic to sign.

1+
      OhCanada-
      Participant

Darren Collison got suspended 8 games for the same charges he pled guilty but nobody would touch him after that and he’s been out of the league since.

1+
    canadabasketballisrising
    Participant

lakers are all abot winning- so yeah they may… they would consider it.

r377r377
    r377
    Participant

The NBA has said they will go with the courts outcome, meaning if he is guilty then he gets jail time and game suspension. If he beats the charges, he will be able to play.

Which is fair enough, innocent until proven guilty

1+
    Hitster
    Participant

The bigger issue is can he sign a contract and play before he goes to trial. In theory he should be able to but in practice would it work.

Scrooge McDuck
    Participant

It needs to go before a proper court before any assumptions are made. Worst case scenario I hope he gets his mental health right. 100 million isn’t worth much without it.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login