This topic contains 64 replies, has 18 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar Onions 13 years ago.

• Author
    Lotto Stud
    Participant

Game starts tonight @ 10pm est.

Why is Brad Beal on the East & Austin Rivers on the West?

akhan786
    Participant

I don’t really think they put much credence on where the kids are from but mostly devy out the players on talent. It would be kind of unfair to have possibly the two best scorers on the same team.

TooNice4TV
    Participant

Could someone post a link for the game tonight?

delfam
    Participant

^ why, it’s on ESPN2, and if you watch it online it’s probably on ESPN3.com

Scottoant93
    Participant

Games after knicks-nets game on espn.

Lotto Stud
    Participant

I swear I wish Teague & Kabongo weren’t on the same team.

kanyedabest
    Participant

link anyone plz! 🙂

delfam
    Participant

GO TO ESPN3.COM

Raef LaFrentz
    Participant

I can’t wait to see Anthony Davis’s unibrow live and in motion.

Wow. Style.

SDE
    Participant

Pause on the unibrow comment

mikeyvthedon
    Participant

The live link is down for ESPN2 on adthenet. FML. Damn you Canada! I really wanted to watch this game. 

Raef LaFrentz
    Participant

Try ATDHE.me, dude.

Steroid
    Participant

Anthony Davis is an intriguing prospect, and I’m not talking about the unibrow, lol.

Dale Worthington
    Participant

Not gonna front…there’s some Durantula in Anthony Davis.

http://l.yimg.com/a/p/sp/r/87/87acbef57aedbd2a9bdd9bd9f223cc7f/198609.jpg

akhan786
    Participant

Someone tell Khem Birch to take off those sleeves…he looks like Ronald Mcdonald himself smh…

The lake show2

only thing he has in common with Durant is they are both long and skinny

MrAnalyst

I see a little Iverson in his game. Wow is he fast! He hasn’t been making his shots, but he can get one off at will. He might be one of the best in this class when it is said and done. He looks like he is pushing the ball up the court faster than Rose or Wall or Rondo. And that crossover is ridiculous. Wow!

Steroid
    Participant

A young KG comes to mind when I think of Anthony Davis in terms of body type and what not. I’m not totally sure what kind of skill set Anthony has really. He used to be a guard, so must be pretty versitle and have good handles for his size.

Dale Worthington
    Participant

Long, skinny, can pop, and is extremely athletic like Durant. Very few players have those attributes.

akhan786
    Participant

Not to mention he’s a beast defensively and is INTENSE!! tha big fella is huslting out there all we need him to do now to become KG is get a manual on cursing and learn to spit after every play.

TyrekeJones
    Participant

I am really liking Brad Beal, I knew he could score, but hes suprised me, hes going to be really loved in Florida next year.

delfam
    Participant

Kentucky’s going to be tough to cover next year with Wiltjer and Davis, two pretty versatile big men.

The lake show2

He’s no Durant. wont find any comparison where he is compared to Durant. Takes more than that to be a Durant. Gotta dominate and lead teams in H.S for one ( i dont think Davis team was even at .500) Not a deep shooter like Durant) Can’t move to the two or full time at the Three like Durant( taking coast to coast a couple of times or used to be a guard doesn’t count because plenty of time when you get that growth spurt you aren’t that same guard because now you’re dribbling from further up and not as quick). K.G makes way more sense

Dale Worthington
    Participant

Dammmmmn. Thanks lake show. You know your ish mah man.

Hale
    Participant

Beal and Scott have impressed me so far.

Raef LaFrentz
    Participant

I think Davis averaged 32ppg 22rbs and like 7blk his senior year, man. He led his team as best he could. Sometimes you just have no other kids around you. Lol.

He does play a lot like Durant in HS, but his range is not like Durant’s. This kid grew 8 inches in the last year, just crazy.

The lake show2

The flip side of that is since you have no other kids on youre team and you’re team loses by 20 plus(which happened alot) you can pad youre stats. He pretty much played like other guys his height with handles

Anthony Randolph

Johnathan Bender

K.G

Perry Jones

Unlike those guys Durant  could clearly play Sg/Sf  not spot minutes but actually major minutes.  His game is much more like K.G in H.S. Midrange game, Blocking shots, Rebounding, Coast to coast sometimes

The lake show2

Guys That are like Durant, it takes Five minutes into a game to know they are the real deal. Theres no "why wont he dribble or take that shot" (couple times Davis had it on the wing and did neither). You know when guys have that "IT" factor like a Durant even if they play bad.

The lake show2

I’m liking that Birch kid

Raef LaFrentz
    Participant

"Midrange game, Blocking shots, Rebounding, Coast to coast sometimes"

Sounds a lot like Durant, man.

KD has always had that sweet stroke though. Davis has yet to add that to his repertoire.

The lake show2

If you think thats all it takes to be like Durant then thats sad.

The other white kid thats going to Kentucky can do all that as well so he must be like Durant too

Ya’ll might wanna start a scouting service because out of every other service that has seen him play all year ya’ll are the first to ever Compare him to Durant. Kobongo is athletic and quick so he just might be Derrick Rose

Raef LaFrentz
    Participant

What? I never said anything like that. I’m just pointing out that everything that you’ve said so far is either wrong, or sounds a lot like Durant in HS.

Remember, we are talking about Durant in HS, not now. You may have forgotten.

The lake show2

Baby K.G is doing work…lol

The lake show2

no im talking about Durant in H.S as well. Very very good Jumper back then. Handled the ball alot. Even showed how muhc of a guard game he had in this very Mikey D’s game

Raef LaFrentz
    Participant

Davis was a PG last year and has a very good handle for 6’9-6’10 guy.

The lake show2

Baby K.G working those boards, going straight to the post everytime down and showing good post up game. Hopefully he replaces harrellson nicely

"has the chance to emerge as a K.G style player"

The lake show2

Yeah i heard that buit every since time i watch him his handle looks nothing like a Point guard nor his mind set, which is very good since he will be spending mo of his time down low at Kentucky

Raef LaFrentz
    Participant

You sound stupid calling a player "Baby KG".

Just sayin’.

APex
    Participant

I don’t take your sarcasm amusing.

The lake show2

oOf course i dont think he is baby K.G or any other NBA player since he has proved nothing.

No more stupid then having a name like Darkooooooo.

I’m just saying

Hale
    Participant

Davis, Hairston, McAdoo also impressing.

The lake show2

Good thing im not here to amuse then huh APex

Raef LaFrentz
    Participant

You don’t want to see Darko angry.

The lake show2

Yeah Macadoo is a baller. UNC should be nice once again(damn )

The lake show2

Figured in this type of setting Gilchrist wouldnt shine a whole lot

Raef LaFrentz
    Participant

Yeah, McAdoo should be a good college player. Good length and smart too.

The lake show2

I hope Cal gets Davis to live in the weight room because it was kinda painful watching him tryna post up P.J from the Free throw line with zero successes

akhan786
    Participant

I didn’t know Mcadoo was this good…so good that I think either Henson or Zeller should jet to the NBA cause their stock will almost surely go down as he takes one of their starting positions and shows how he combines both of thier skill sets into one.

The lake show2

He’s have a hard time taking there spot( doubt if he does). Lets not get carried away from a open gym all star game( although MaCadoo is good. He will add very nice Depth to that team as the first big off the bench

The lake show2

It gonna be very interesting as far as who comes back to Kentucky and who is gonna step into the starting line up

akhan786
    Participant

So far I’m not impressed. He’s been taking a lot of shots and it seems like it takes so much effort for him to score. I don’t know maybe I’m just being a skeptical Duke fan but so far I feel like he’s getting out played by Beal and Hairston and maybe even Cook.

What’re your guy’s unbiased opinions on Rivers?

The lake show2

I’m Really Really liking Birch

The lake show2

Take the way these players play here with a grain of salt. Its a open gym All Star game and you can’t really get a true value of a player in this type of game. A better game to know how good  these playersare  before college is the U.S.A vs International players game because its wayyy more structured with Defense

Did Kevin Durant just shoot that Ugly airball???

Hale
    Participant

Rivers:

Great shooter, hasn’t missed any open looks, and he showed he can pull up with the one dagger he had in the first half. Very good ball handler as well.

I haven’t really watched him too much and was paying more attention to McAdoo/Gilchrist.

The lake show2

At least no one is going too crazy this year like last year on here

" Derrick Favors is gonna dominate like Beasley"

or

"Fab Melo is gonna be a beast in the Big east"

teamjosh04
    Participant
    ilike.panochas
    Participant

These Durant/KG comparison to Anthony Davis is too much. I see Tayshaun Prince when I watch Davis. It will be interesting if Calapari will put him at PF, because he will never be an NBA PF, he’s 190lbs right now and even adding 30lbs isn’t going to be enough to play the 4 in the pros.

teamjosh04
    Participant

What do you think, Cal is going to play him at SF? No way. They have Liggins, Miller, and Gilchrist there. Davis will be a center on that team. Give him some time to fill out, he’s going to be a PF in the NBA.

The lake show2

Why can’t he play PF. K.g played it from day one and was skinny. Warrick plays it and he’s pretty skinny. You dont have to be a hulk to play PF. He’s long and a retty good athlete.

As far as SF can anyone tell me one moment in the game where he played/looked like a SF? He must not have been much of a guard when he was shorter or those skills didnt transfer very well when he grew. Either way it doesn’t matter because he will be playing PF/C at Kentucky. Kyle has more of a chance to Play some SF then Davis has because he is a much better shooter but more than likely he will be down low banging with Davis

ilike.panochas
    Participant

KG actually came in the league as a high schooler at 6’11 220lbs, Davis still has long ways to go to get to 220lbs and if he does (that’s 30lbs he’s adding) how will that effect his mobility? He will have the same faith as Brandan Wright if he stays at PF. He’s simply will never be strong enough to be an NBA PF. I’m sure he will be fine as a college PF but I doubt his chances as an NBA PF.

lalaila
    Participant

KG was listed 200 first off all and Davis i think is up to 200-205 so… 

The lake show2

Yeah K.G was never 220 when he first came it. Not that it really matters because you dont have to be super strong to play PF in the NBA. Gasol still isn’t super strong yet he plays it pretty well because he’s long. And Davis isn’t a power player so theres no need for him to get very strong. He does need to gain weight and im sure that will come with weight training in college like with other bigs. The good thing about being long is when a player backs you down you are still long enough to block there shot if you have ood timing. Another good thing is you aren’t gonna be alone checking a guy stronger than you you are gonna have help if he tries to play the back you down game

Steroid
    Participant

If Davis’ rebounding transfers to college and pros, there will be no problem with him playing PF.

The lake show2

I hope it does but its alot harder to translate rebounding over 6’5 guys to rebounding over 6’10 guys. I think he will be able to though which would be Great for my thrid favorite team in college basketball:)

Onions
    Participant

The NBA was different in the mid-90’s. You have to be pretty stacked or extremely talented to succeed off the bat as a big.

Rivers looked terrible. Congrats, you can jack up a 3. Other than the one drive, which was a nice move, the other times he penetrated, he either had the ball ripped or he comaplined about an "defensive foul" not being called. It’s the McDonald’s game, kid. Shut your mouth.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login