This topic contains 15 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by NorrinRaddNorrinRadd NorrinRadd 2 months ago.

• Author
    GangGreen23
    Participant

No Luka Garza on the Latest mock draft? Come on guys, he was Runner-up to Obi Toppin for College player of the year. At worse, he will be an Enes Kanter type-player in the NBA. He’s a similar prospect to Moritz Wagner, who was Drafted in the late First Round a couple of years ago.

At least List Luka Garza as the 60th pick in the Mock Draft. He will get drafted, guaranteed.

3+
    NorrinRaddNorrinRadd
    NorrinRadd
    Participant

Agree, he’s a first rounder imo. I like the Kanter style comparison, I think he blocks shots even better though. He’s a really good anchor on defense in the low post. So far I think he would be the POY even with his average performance against UNC. (for his standards of a performance anyways) He is tough on both ends in the low post.

TRC1991
    Participant

I think he’s got potential to be a mix between Jonas Valanciunas and Rafael Araujo, which inevitably becomes Alex Len.

Zouldiers
    Participant

Finally another topic on the Garzanator. Sweet

armchairgmarmchairgm
    armchairgm
    Participant

I think he could go in the second round, but I could also see him going undrafted. Honestly I think he is a good European/G-League player.

RUDEBOY-RUDEBOY-
    RUDEBOY-
    Participant

Played well against Jalen Smith,Xavier Tillman & Daniel Oturo ,all 3 guys r now on nba rosters…But i think the speed of the nba game should bother him a little……..He has alot of skills that’ll translate the ability to score in the post & rebound,has range beyond the arc, smart,and he’s an ok defender…A late 1st to mid 2nd rounder..

Selektatoy
    Participant

put some respect on this guy he is averagung 30 a game and you dont have him drafted come on at least second round but respect the guy !!

1+
    canadabasketballisrisingcanadabasketballisrising
    canadabasketballisrising
    Participant

He is a better version of Alex Len. What Len was supposed to be. A late first round pick

2quick4u
    Participant

Vucevic

[email protected]
    Participant

Still kind of early to really make a compound statement on GARZA, but from what I see those far he have a real shot of becoming an OLD SCHOOL TYPE OF NBA player as a big man down in the paint his mid range game seems polish and beyond the arc his 3 is looking fluid, so personally the sky is the limit for him, the key question is how bad he wants it.

Hitster
    Participant

He comes from a basketball playing family and has had 3 good seasons at Iowa so has a solid body of work and pedigree but I’ve heard no draft hype around him really over the last few years despite him improving year on year. So maybe he isn’t suited to the NBA or has a slightly lower ceiling or does he just want to complete his education.

He’ll get a good pro career somewhere with his skillset and family name but it might well be in Europe. Teams may well consider him for a second round pick but if he did go abroad and do well then there would still be the option to sign him as an FA without wasting a pick on him.

Also he might even prefer to go undrafted so he’d have the option to sign for any team in the future or work out for them in Summer League rather than being tied to one team.

Joseph GillianJoseph Gillian
    Joseph Gillian
    Participant

Yeah, his results are amazing. The last game against Iowa State was very entertaining. Garza is a very promising player.

1+
    OhCanada-
    Participant

DeMarcus Garza went 13-18 tonight. Was doubled on every possession. He fouled out Kispert and Timme. Guys in the NBA are gonna foul out trying to deny him post position. Needs to get better at passing but the guys legit. One turnover.

His teammate Joe Wieskamp is an NBA player as well.

1+
    GangGreen23
    Participant

Still no Luka Garza in your December 30th Mock Draft?

You list Kentucky’s back up Center Olivier Sarr to get picked in the 2nd Round? That guy can’t even dominate College basketball, how is he going to get Drafted ahead of Garza?

Simply put, LUKA GARZA WILL BE DRAFTED, so put him somewhere in the 2nd Round of your next Mock. He’s an Enes Kanter/Nikola Vucevic/Moritz Wagner type of player. His face up game has improved this year and he’s a high motor Big Man.

College Players of the Year do not go Undrafted.

1+
    NorrinRaddNorrinRadd
    NorrinRadd
    Participant

New Year’s eve, Luka Garza and Marcus Carr still no love…

Happy New Year’s though everybody!!!

NorrinRaddNorrinRadd
      NorrinRadd
      Participant

For real though, Aran’s playing with us now…

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login