This topic contains 26 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar Knicks 4 LIFE 9 years, 3 months ago.

• Author
    Knicks 4 LIFE
    Participant

The Knicks have been such a disappointment this year. The "triangle offense" is the only offense being ran by the Knicks and there horrible at it. Watching the games are painful because there is never any flow or cohesion. They do not attack the paint and are constantly fumbling passes. The team will not get any better this year because the opposition is just pushing them off there spots. As a life long Knick fan I see this as a blessing in disguise. Its still too early to tell whether Phil Jackson can be a good executive or if Derek Fisher has what it takes to be a good coach in this league. Personally, I think Derek Fisher has a lot of learning to do but Knicks having a bad year is the best thing for him. Imagine this team overachieving and everyone giving Derek high hopes for the future with no real talent on the squad. We need a total rebuild effort, one we havent had since drafting Patrick Ewing in the early 80’s. Trading JR Smith (toxic) and Dalembert (terrible) has to happen immedietely. With finally enough cap space, I hope Phil Jackson doesnt let his ego get in the way like Isiah Thomas did. I expect the knicks to try very hard to get the right mix of players with the right attitude and toughness to play next year but ultimately think they will strike out on the top names like Aldridge (My Top Target) and Gasol (Phil’s Dream). Alot of talk about Paul Milsap which makes sense but a few bigs that would fit into the spacing the triangle requires like Enes Kanter, Greg Monroe, Robin Lopez, Brandon Bass definitely would make sense at the right price though. They might be better off looking for trade partners to improve. Tell me what you think guys. Im not familiar with the kids in this upcoming draft, who should the knicks draft that would fit into system and future plans (w/e those are lol)

Btw Thanasis Antetonkoumpo is developing pretty well and actually has some great skill and natural instincts. Cant wait for him to get a shot in the NBA. His hustle and defense is exactly the type of attributes we should be building our team based on that triangle BS comes after. Check out his game on youtube.

Ebown5
    Participant

I don’t think that they are really all that disappointing as they were expected to be horrible. They have nothing other than Melo at this point.

I still can’t believe that Anthony decided to stay in NY with very little surrounding talent and very little to look forward to. NY is always a player in free agency, but who are they going to get that really makes a difference.? They may get someone like Greg Monroe, but he isn’t really a difference maker.

They can’t even tank since they traded away so many picks. 

Knicks 4 LIFE
      Participant

They actually own there 1st Round Pick this year finally and cannot trade one until 2018 so thats a good thing. Knicks have the difference maker in Carmelo they just need to surround him with a attack first point guard and a intangibles big men who  can get his own offense. If they want to play this system they need to get system players. Danny Green should be on their radar, NY raised would fit into triangle as a shooter.

Knicks 4 LIFE
      Participant

They actually own there 1st Round Pick this year finally and cannot trade one until 2018 so thats a good thing. Knicks have the difference maker in Carmelo they just need to surround him with a attack first point guard and a intangibles big men who  can get his own offense. If they want to play this system they need to get system players. Danny Green should be on their radar, NY raised would fit into triangle as a shooter.

Ebown5
    Participant

I don’t think that they are really all that disappointing as they were expected to be horrible. They have nothing other than Melo at this point.

I still can’t believe that Anthony decided to stay in NY with very little surrounding talent and very little to look forward to. NY is always a player in free agency, but who are they going to get that really makes a difference.? They may get someone like Greg Monroe, but he isn’t really a difference maker.

They can’t even tank since they traded away so many picks. 

Subzenro
    Participant
    Subzenro
    Participant
    username_taken
    Participant

On other sites, nobody believed me when I said the Knicks would be awful this year. They simply do not have the supporting cast around Melo that can lead them to a playoff spot, even in the East.

username_taken
    Participant

On other sites, nobody believed me when I said the Knicks would be awful this year. They simply do not have the supporting cast around Melo that can lead them to a playoff spot, even in the East.

CameronCrazy11
    Participant

Knicks would have the 2nd pick if the season ended today and if the lottery went perfect (which we know probably won’t happen). So best case scenario they’d get the 1st pick, and worst case scenario would be the 5th pick. If they have a top 2 pick, they should go with whoever is available between Jahlil Okafor and Emmanuel Mudiay. Both have All Star potential and would be excellent building blocks moving forward. If they fall to number 5, they should have Stanley Johnson at the top of their list. Kid has done nothing but win his whole career and has All-Defense potential.

As far as free agency, I think the best player that they have a realistic shot at signing is Greg Monroe. Enes Kanter is also an intriguing option as I’m not sure that Utah would match a big offer for him.

If they can trade JR Smith to a team, they should do it right away. Problem is that his market is very low right now and would probably have to settle for a deal that they won’t like. They might have to stick with him for one more season as I’m expecting him to accept his player option for next season. If he miraculously doesn’t accept it, New York should think about throwing that extra money at someone like Wesley Matthews or Danny Green.

Also, New York should NOT trade their draft picks for the next few years. The 2015 and 2016 drafts both look like they are going to have quality players and the Knicks could definitely use some lottery talents to build around. If anything, they should look to acquire picks for both drafts.

joe2324
      Participant

what should they expect for JR Smith? At this point, they should just take whatever they can get for JR Smith. He is the worst possible fit for this offense.  Can’t they just cut him like Detroit did with josh smith? Kanter or Monroe would fit in perfectly. Draft Mudiay, sign Monroe with Melo. Hopefully, they’ll still be a lottery team in 2016, pick up one more high draft pick and move on from there by adding some free agents. Its going to be tough in east especially if the wizards sign durant while also keeping beal and the rest of that group. they’ll be a favorite for many years

joe2324
      Participant

what should they expect for JR Smith? At this point, they should just take whatever they can get for JR Smith. He is the worst possible fit for this offense.  Can’t they just cut him like Detroit did with josh smith? Kanter or Monroe would fit in perfectly. Draft Mudiay, sign Monroe with Melo. Hopefully, they’ll still be a lottery team in 2016, pick up one more high draft pick and move on from there by adding some free agents. Its going to be tough in east especially if the wizards sign durant while also keeping beal and the rest of that group. they’ll be a favorite for many years

CameronCrazy11
    Participant

Knicks would have the 2nd pick if the season ended today and if the lottery went perfect (which we know probably won’t happen). So best case scenario they’d get the 1st pick, and worst case scenario would be the 5th pick. If they have a top 2 pick, they should go with whoever is available between Jahlil Okafor and Emmanuel Mudiay. Both have All Star potential and would be excellent building blocks moving forward. If they fall to number 5, they should have Stanley Johnson at the top of their list. Kid has done nothing but win his whole career and has All-Defense potential.

As far as free agency, I think the best player that they have a realistic shot at signing is Greg Monroe. Enes Kanter is also an intriguing option as I’m not sure that Utah would match a big offer for him.

If they can trade JR Smith to a team, they should do it right away. Problem is that his market is very low right now and would probably have to settle for a deal that they won’t like. They might have to stick with him for one more season as I’m expecting him to accept his player option for next season. If he miraculously doesn’t accept it, New York should think about throwing that extra money at someone like Wesley Matthews or Danny Green.

Also, New York should NOT trade their draft picks for the next few years. The 2015 and 2016 drafts both look like they are going to have quality players and the Knicks could definitely use some lottery talents to build around. If anything, they should look to acquire picks for both drafts.

baller77
    Participant

JR Smith is a team cancer, need to get rid of him. 

If the knicks end up in the top 5 i think Karl Anthony Towns is the guy. Out of all the guys projected at the top of the draft he is the most intrigiuing and has the highest ceiling. Not the biggest melo fan but stuck with him at this point. Wouldn’t be opposed to moving shumpert either. 

baller77
    Participant

JR Smith is a team cancer, need to get rid of him. 

If the knicks end up in the top 5 i think Karl Anthony Towns is the guy. Out of all the guys projected at the top of the draft he is the most intrigiuing and has the highest ceiling. Not the biggest melo fan but stuck with him at this point. Wouldn’t be opposed to moving shumpert either. 

knicksfreak
    Participant

Knicks traded their 2016 first round pick for Andrea Bargnani

Phil needs to trade Melo. This year is a total loss. Next year they have a shot at mediocrity but that’s about all. The remainder of his prime is being wasted on a terrible team that needs to rebuild

tuck243
      Participant

It would have to be to a contender for next to nothing or draft picks…  Because I doubt he would go to a team again that you have to gut…   You just can’t get rid of him like that…  

tuck243
      Participant

It would have to be to a contender for next to nothing or draft picks…  Because I doubt he would go to a team again that you have to gut…   You just can’t get rid of him like that…  

knicksfreak
    Participant

Knicks traded their 2016 first round pick for Andrea Bargnani

Phil needs to trade Melo. This year is a total loss. Next year they have a shot at mediocrity but that’s about all. The remainder of his prime is being wasted on a terrible team that needs to rebuild

AdamJCalleja
    Participant

I loved watching Thanasis play during summer league. He plays with so much intensity and passion, it even shows on the bench constantly standing up and pumping up his teammates.

AdamJCalleja
    Participant

I loved watching Thanasis play during summer league. He plays with so much intensity and passion, it even shows on the bench constantly standing up and pumping up his teammates.

tuck243
    Participant

He hasn’t played in 9 games straight yet everyone is blaming him…   Tim Hardaway doesn’t pass the ball, his defense is trash, and he fights with Melo…   How is anyone else "TOXIC" on this team outside of him?  He’s not efficient and does nothing but jack up shots.

Listen…  If an entire team doesn’t get "it" then maybe it’s the teacher "teaching" it…  Ever been in a college course and NO ONE in the entire class gets a good grade? That falls on the teacher, not the students…  I’m not saying the players aren’t partially the blame here, but damn maybe the coach should shoulder the blame since he is implementing a system.

Personally, I think everyone on this team should go outside of Melo.  I still think you need a scorer off the bench but both JR and Tim are inefficient.  Both are limited, JR with his off the court issues and Tim with his on the court mantra…  Everyone else isn’t a decent role player to have a quality role for any team.  Fisher and Phil need to understand what they want to do and how someone like Melo fits into that system.  Are you trying to surround him or force him to be a second or 3rd option?

They were better off allowing Melo to do a sign and trade with the Bulls.  Take Taj back in the trade and a couple picks.  Phil so freaking cocky and selfish that he wouldn’t take anything.  Basically forced Melo to leave $30+ Million on the table or come back to this underacheiving team with maybe the most hated man in the NBA as a coach? (The disdain players have for Fisher around the league is unreal).

Sewok15
      Participant

"He’s not efficient and does nothing but jack up shots."

That describes just about every player on the Knicks.

Sewok15
      Participant

"He’s not efficient and does nothing but jack up shots."

That describes just about every player on the Knicks.

tuck243
    Participant

He hasn’t played in 9 games straight yet everyone is blaming him…   Tim Hardaway doesn’t pass the ball, his defense is trash, and he fights with Melo…   How is anyone else "TOXIC" on this team outside of him?  He’s not efficient and does nothing but jack up shots.

Listen…  If an entire team doesn’t get "it" then maybe it’s the teacher "teaching" it…  Ever been in a college course and NO ONE in the entire class gets a good grade? That falls on the teacher, not the students…  I’m not saying the players aren’t partially the blame here, but damn maybe the coach should shoulder the blame since he is implementing a system.

Personally, I think everyone on this team should go outside of Melo.  I still think you need a scorer off the bench but both JR and Tim are inefficient.  Both are limited, JR with his off the court issues and Tim with his on the court mantra…  Everyone else isn’t a decent role player to have a quality role for any team.  Fisher and Phil need to understand what they want to do and how someone like Melo fits into that system.  Are you trying to surround him or force him to be a second or 3rd option?

They were better off allowing Melo to do a sign and trade with the Bulls.  Take Taj back in the trade and a couple picks.  Phil so freaking cocky and selfish that he wouldn’t take anything.  Basically forced Melo to leave $30+ Million on the table or come back to this underacheiving team with maybe the most hated man in the NBA as a coach? (The disdain players have for Fisher around the league is unreal).

Knicks 4 LIFE
    Participant

Knicks are not trading melo so stop dreaming, if thats the case they would not have ever signed him. JR Smith is not the problem but he is definitely not the solution. The entire roster does not gel. Tim Hardaway JR is a good player just needs better leadership around him. Shumpert on the other hand needs to focus on what he does best which is defense strictly. If the knicks can get a starting caliber SG with the ability to make his own plays then Shumpert can become a defensive role player which is his ceiling. Knicks just need multi-dimensional players then they will be fine. 

Knicks 4 LIFE
    Participant

Knicks are not trading melo so stop dreaming, if thats the case they would not have ever signed him. JR Smith is not the problem but he is definitely not the solution. The entire roster does not gel. Tim Hardaway JR is a good player just needs better leadership around him. Shumpert on the other hand needs to focus on what he does best which is defense strictly. If the knicks can get a starting caliber SG with the ability to make his own plays then Shumpert can become a defensive role player which is his ceiling. Knicks just need multi-dimensional players then they will be fine. 

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login