This topic contains 32 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar CICI 14 years, 8 months ago.

• Author
    SwatLakeCity
    Participant

I just heard from ESPN that David Lee might go to the Jazz in a sign and trade deal, that would probably send Booze to the Knicks. It is an insider article, so all of you insider folks please clue me in.
    I am not exactly sold on the idea. I like the idea of having two rebouding machines on the Jazz, but where would he fit on the roster, with Millsap already expected to get the start? He would certainly not be coming off the bench. Can he play the SF position, or could Millsap possibly play that position instead? As a Jazz fan, I’d much rather see them make a move to get Micheal Beasley from the Heat, he has more upside than Lee. Beasley would be my first choice, than Lee, and lastly Tyrus Thomas from Bulls. Is this likely to happen? Would the trade help the Jazz? What do you guys think?

Knicksboy34
    Participant

Micheal Beasley- He would run Solan into early retirement…

SwatLakeCity
    Participant

Sloan could coach Beasly, he is tough guy, besides it would not be considered early retirement at all. Sloan has been coaching the Jazz for a long time, ever since the Stocton and Malone era. Also, Beasley would be no challenge for him, he has had deal with Boose, AK, Ostertag, possibly Okur could be fit in their too. Beasley would not be a challenge for him.

butidonthavemoney

If anything Sloan would be a problem for Beasley. Not the other way around.

Knicksboy34
    Participant

Sloan could coach Beasly

Beasley moves to the beat of his own drum..he will be lazy on D and Solan has not worked with a player who doesn’t listen very well.

Knicksboy34
    Participant

also, Lee nor Millsap cannot play SF

McWinning
    Participant

Sloan is the perfect fit for Beasley he can do to Beasley what Larry Brown did to Sheed. this shows that after next year theres no way Boozer resigns, i would take Beasley over Lee, lees better now but Beasley should be better soon.

Knicksboy34
    Participant

I’m telling you and Ric Bucher is saying it. Boozer for Beasley wont happen for 3 reasons

– Odom is not a Heat yet…
    – Miami is scared to give up on Beasley to keep Wade
    -Jerry Sloan does not wanna coach Beasley unless he is committed….

McWinning
    Participant

ive been hearing that Beasley doing well this offseason, plus Beasley can play Sf/Pf unlike Lee.

Knicksboy34
    Participant

True but he is still a slacker. Jerry Sloan is old school and he likes Defense 1st. Unless Sloan believes Beasley is ready to show he is good on D, he doesn’t want him or wanna trade for him.

McWinning
    Participant

if Beasley focuses hes a shotblockers and good defender, thats the big question.

Knicksboy34
    Participant

Yea because you lose 20-10 for a question mark right now…

McWinning
    Participant

you’re haters back. i think the Heat should keep Beasley and him Wade, and Beasley would be a decent big three, in a year or two.

SwatLakeCity
    Participant

Kincksboy34, where did you hear that Boozer for Beasley would not work? I would like to read that article.
    Sloan can handle any player. He has had to coach players that don’t listen to him before, he just tells him tough it up.(Look at Booze, AK, Ostertag, and possibly Okur) I agree Sloan would do wonders for Beasley. Just look what Larry Brown did to ‘Sheed. He came to the Pistons with a horrible ego, and a ton of technicals. He is now a team player, and does not get as many technicals as he did before, with Portland. Besides I believe that great players only become great because a great coach, or a trainer pushes them to do so. There are few players in the NBA who get motivated by themselves. So Beasley needs Sloan to become great and reach his potential.

McWinning
    Participant

yeah iagree (would give you a point but dont use the points) but i dont think the Heat should do it, i think they should keep their team and work in free agency, and trying to resign Wade.

Knicksboy34
    Participant

Kincksboy34, where did you hear that Boozer for Beasley would not work? I would like to read that article.

your gonna kill me and won’t believe me but I swear on this… I tweeted and asked him and that’s what he told me.

SwatLakeCity
    Participant

What about David Lee, what is the status on that trade so far. I’d like to be clued in on this trade idea more. I still like Beasley more than Lee though, he just has more upside.

SwatLakeCity
    Participant

Oh my, I thought you read it in an article, what exactly did he say. Or did he just agree with you, and that was it.

xbadgerhustler
    Participant

LOL, if sloan could get beasley for boozer he DEFINITELY would. the man is not an idiot, and he is not afraid to coach anyone. miami won’t give up beasley for boozer, that’s what’s stopping that deal.

McWinning
    Participant

you have a twitter? i dont have one what do you get to do on it?

Knicksboy34
    Participant

to All 3 of you……

go to twitter.com

He said what I said. 3 things and listed the 3 i said

Ok…I’m just getting it from the man who breaks these reports.

And My Twitter is Twitter.com/Qhaynes17

j1232e
    Participant

has changed his tough nosed approach to young fellus. Sloan has approached younsters the same way as vets the last couple of years. By the way I do not see jerry coaching for more than a couple more seasons anyways.

sheltwon3
    Participant

If Utah trade for Lee they at stupid. The need shooters will Milsap Williams and Okur not another big man
    That would limit the room williams has to drive.

j1232e
    Participant

okur is a shooter, he loves to sit outside the 3 line and stroke it. I think they need a inside banger like boozer is. Millsap cant really shoot all his points are hustle and dishes from williams.

CLYDE-frazier10
    Participant

this seems like a weird trade. I think lee and millsap play like twins, and i think u dont want twins on the court. but for my knicks im lovin it we wud get 20 10 guy but loose a fan favorite utah gets a guy who works hard every day. sloan wud love him so will utah. better deal for ny if it goes down
    starting lineups for both teams(asuming only this trade hapens and teams dont get any1 else)
    NY bench
    duhan nate
    hughes chandler
    harrington danillo
    booze hill
    darko/curry
    not ganna lie but wut a bench chandler probably gets in starting pretty soon
    utah
    deron bench
    miles millsap
    ak47 haprping
    lee korver
    okur other people

SwatLakeCity
    Participant

Future knick 23, what about Brewer, he would definitely start over Miles. He’s better, and plays good D. I have 3 possible lineups for the Jazz.
    1 Lee (He sometimes played Center with New York, and wasn’t that bad)
    Millsap
    Brewer
    Miles
    D-will
    Okur, Koufus and AK come off the bench
    2 Okur
    Lee
    Brewer
    Miles
    D-will
    Koufus, Millsap, AK come off the bench
    3 Okur
    Millsap
    Brewer
    Miles
    D-will
    Koufus, Lee, AK come off the bench

I either like the first one or the second one. This deal would pull down alot of rebounds for Utah, because Millsap and Lee are rebounding machines, and how would Lee fare with the West bigs, like Duncan, Amare, Bynum, Nowitski, Oden, and the future developments of Spencer Hawes, and BJ Mullens? The problem with the second one is that you have a pretty pricey backup in Millsap(7 or 8 million) Then again Lee is better Millsap, by just a hair, so he deserves to start, but I don’t want to see a pricey backup in Millsap, he should start too, especially with what he showed us last year. That’s why this deal creates a matchup problem for the Jazz. At Beasley can play both the PF and SF positions.
    To x-badgerhustler, I agree with you, Sloan is not worried about coaching anybody, and the Jazz are not stupid, they would the trade that most benefits the team, which the Boozer for Beasley should and will happen. I believe the deal is taking awhile because Odom is still deciding if he wants to play in Miami or in LA. Miami wants to see what he does, and pooling all their efforts right now into getting him to return to Miami. Boozer is second on there list. But once he decided where he will play next year, the trade will happen very soon. And I believe will do anything to make Dwayne happy, even give up their future star in Beasley, besides it’s the only shot they’ve got at getting Boozer. But I would really like to see the Boozer for Beasley deal go down, much more than I would Boozer for Lee.

Untouchable J
    Participant

“- Miami is scared to give up on Beasley to keep Wade”

I disagree.

Im convinced, regardless of what Buecher says, that Riley and Wade dont like Beasley. I think they still have that championship chip on their shoulder, but they dont realize they are 1 year removed from the worst team in bball.

They dont like him, and i think its a huge mistake.

I hope they trade him b/c their are COUNTLESS players who play less D than Beasley and are perenial all stars. They need to count their blessings b/c, i mean really, look at their roster. Yet they pick on Beasley? He’s 20!

Knicksboy34
    Participant

Miami is scared to give up on Beasley to keep Wade

If Miami wanted to give up Beasley…he would be traded by now.

butidonthavemoney

They are waiting to see if they get Odom before they trade Beasley for Boozer. Or at least that is the media’s consensus.

Knicksboy34
    Participant

I know. That’s the smartest thing but I also think that Odom is waiting for Miami to pull the trigger.

McWinning
    Participant

i wouldnt want Boozer because hed walk after one year the Heat would have a better chance of resigning Beasley.

butidonthavemoney

Booze would stay. His house is in Miami and his son gets treatment there.

CICI

We will surprise to find the high quality tiffany jewelry in much.
    Everyone will focus on tiffany and co,
    tiffany jewelry.
    Choose, buy and shop for on sale tiffany jewelry including Tiffany & Co Silver Necklace, Pendants, Bangles, Bracelets, Earrings, Rings and Accessories.
    Provide high quality silver Tiffany jewellery including necklaces,rings and other style jewelry at wholesale prices.Pick your dreamingtiffany co jewelry.
    Tiffany Necklaces
    Tiffany Rings

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login