This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar OhCanada- 3 years, 7 months ago.

• Author
    canadabasketballisrisingcanadabasketballisrising
    canadabasketballisrising
    Participant

I get Lavert has been injury prone but I think I’d the best the cave can get for an aging love. It frees the cave up to draft one of a few forwards (Deni, obi, And Lavert fits better with the cavs young core.

Kevin love allows Durant to play his natural 3 more, or have a line up with 5 knock down shooters bringing more size abs versatility for playoff matchups

Who says no? Love isn’t an iron man either, the age is worth it

sniper
    Participant

I can’t imagine Brooklyn would do this in a million years. Durant will play a lot at the 4. They have Allen and Jordan at the 5. Certainly, cutting Durant or Allen’s minutes in favor of Love is not helpful to winning. So you would give up an elite offensive talent on a rookie deal for basically a role-playing stretch big?

Everything Love would give them, except for a couple extra rebounds, they already get from Joe Harris.

1+
      OhCanada-
      Participant

The Nets have said they intend on getting a new PF as one of their main focuses. Pretty sure they want Durant to act as a SF. As far as they trade goes Cavs are lucky to get anything in return for Love right now and it may even take them trading their own picks or prospects to get rid of him.

1+
    canadabasketballisrising
    Participant

i know there is no reason to wacth the cavs but Love is FAR from basically just a role player.

sniper
    Participant

We talk about 3-and-D players as valuable role players; Love is a 3-and-B guy (B for boards). He’s great at two things, shooting and rebounding. On D, depending on the matchup he’s somewhere between mediocre and unplayable. He has almost as many turnovers as assists. During his playoff runs with LeBron, he could sometimes dominate against Eastern Conference teams, but against the Warriors, the Cavs usually played better when someone like Richard Jefferson or Jeff Green got his minutes. And most good teams play like the Warriors these days.

I think it’s fair to call him a very good role player.

OhCanada-
      Participant

Thats not true at all. Mediocre and unplayable? Love was arguably the best defender in the Cavs Warriors series when they won it all. Hs defense on Curry was a big reason they came back.

The more think of it the more I think this trade makes sense. Prince and Lavert for Love.

canadabasketballisrising
    Participant

very good role players dont have mutliple allstar games, or paid 30 million plus… the fact that people think Love is a role player (not a top 3 opton) on a contender is concerning…. green is an elite role player (arguably the best), Love is better than him.

Dazzling Dunks and Basketball Bloopers
    Participant

I actually think this would make a decent amount of sense for both sides. Lavert is a guy that needs the ball in his hands to be effective and he won’t get nearly the opportunity with Durant and Irving in the lineup. Love is expensive and on the decline but he still spaces the floor and can score and facilitate from the post when need be. Plus he has experience playing off of stars who dominate the ball. He fits a need in Brooklyn. For Cleveland to be able to dump love’s deal and pick up an asset like lavert in the process would be a huge win. For this to work under the salary cap the nets would need to move additional salary or include other players ( possibly prince and Temple)to make this work under the salary cap.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login