This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar sniper 3 years ago.

• Author
    OhCanada-
    Participant

Because of heart complications. Very disappointing, LA deserves his respects hes a legendary player. Happy he got his buyout too before these issues presented themselves. Hope he feels fine and has a happy retirement.

3+
    armchairgmarmchairgm
    armchairgm
    Participant

This is his 3rd bout with heart issues. 2006 and 2017 he missed games from an irregular heartbeat.

1+
    RUDEBOY-
    Participant

Health comes before anything..Pop was interviewed earlier today and he mentioned an episode Aldridge had that Frightened the entire team..

Blazers should Retire his Number he Deserves it..

I Often wonder how would things would’ve played out if Aldridge resigned with the Blazers? Becuz he left Portland in 2015,around the same time The Warriors were starting to be dominate….

He retired with some impressive accomplishments.7 time all star,5 time all nba( 2 first team/3 second team) 19 pts/8 rbs a game.
    Is he a borderline HOF?

2+
    armchairgmarmchairgm
    armchairgm
    Participant

Yeah off NBA career alone he doesn’t get in to me, but once you add his college and high school accomplishments I think he gets in.

1+
    sniper
    Participant

Great player, great career. Gave his all to the Spurs for five years as the team crumbled and the game changed around him. I thought he was underrated as a rim defender until he lost all mobility in the last couple years.

Due to his lack of deep playoff runs and memorable playoff performances, I don’t think he’s a Hall of Famer. Two big what-ifs …

1. If Aldridge had stayed in Portland, would Dame have become the player he is today? And if so, how successful could that team have been during the Warriors dynasty years?

2. If Pachulia hadn’t taken out Kawhi, and therefore Kawhi never broke up with the Spurs, would SA have at least one more championship? Don’t forget that, over the two-year-stretch of 2015-17, the Spurs averaged 65 wins per season with Kawhi as their #1 guy and Aldridge as their clear #2.

1+

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login