This topic contains 38 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by Avatar lalaila 5 years, 3 months ago.

• Author
    MeloSwag
    Participant

What is the deal with him these days? Dude used to be one of the more fun loving, easy to root for guys in the whole NBA. Now everytime he opens his mouth he seems to be either bitching about something or just being a grumpy ass dude. I guess this isn’t really a question but I used to root for the guy and now I don’t at all, and I can’t be the only one, why is he so angry?

nick5354
    Participant

Maybe fustration in OKC? 

However to be fair, if you’re in the spoltlight for so long and always have the cameras in your face there comes a time where you have had enough. Plus KD is probably the type of character to not want to be in front of the camera anyway.

nick5354
    Participant

Maybe fustration in OKC? 

However to be fair, if you’re in the spoltlight for so long and always have the cameras in your face there comes a time where you have had enough. Plus KD is probably the type of character to not want to be in front of the camera anyway.

tuck243
    Participant

They’ll make sneaky comments indirectly.   Also, fans question him all the time…like this All-Star thing.  If Kobe gets voted into the All-Star game, why didn’t Kevin Durant?  He’s the second best player in the league and just came off an MVP season.  How is that possible?  Then you add the media/papers in OKC saying ridiculous things, so he’s pissed.   I get it…  

You also have to remember he called himself an assassin when he’s on the court.  He goes straight for the kill, so he’s never been this soft spoken guy.   He’s really pissed and I hope this translate to some awesome basketball the second half of the season…

Watch his HBO special, you’ll kinda get his personality.  

tuck243
    Participant

They’ll make sneaky comments indirectly.   Also, fans question him all the time…like this All-Star thing.  If Kobe gets voted into the All-Star game, why didn’t Kevin Durant?  He’s the second best player in the league and just came off an MVP season.  How is that possible?  Then you add the media/papers in OKC saying ridiculous things, so he’s pissed.   I get it…  

You also have to remember he called himself an assassin when he’s on the court.  He goes straight for the kill, so he’s never been this soft spoken guy.   He’s really pissed and I hope this translate to some awesome basketball the second half of the season…

Watch his HBO special, you’ll kinda get his personality.  

thunderjerk
    Participant

KD is NOT NICE

thunderjerk
    Participant

KD is NOT NICE

joe2324
    Participant

I’m kind of sick of him lately too. He is not the only superstar that has to deal with the media. Its ok to be competitive and want to win like Bird, Jordan, Kobe and all the greats, but i’m not feeling his douche bag attitude lately. I could care less about him these days. Be aggressive and hard working, no need to be a dick though.  

tuck243
      Participant

I don’t get it… 

tuck243
      Participant

I don’t get it… 

Ghost01
      Participant

You act as if Jordan and Kobe were known for their warm and fuzzy personalities….

Ghost01
      Participant

You act as if Jordan and Kobe were known for their warm and fuzzy personalities….

joe2324
    Participant

I’m kind of sick of him lately too. He is not the only superstar that has to deal with the media. Its ok to be competitive and want to win like Bird, Jordan, Kobe and all the greats, but i’m not feeling his douche bag attitude lately. I could care less about him these days. Be aggressive and hard working, no need to be a dick though.  

joe2324
    Participant

Fierce competitors – YES. They were not DICKS to the media

SpinCycle88
      Participant

Just the occasional dick to teammates, coaches and opposing teams… But to the media, naw never! -_-

SpinCycle88
      Participant

Just the occasional dick to teammates, coaches and opposing teams… But to the media, naw never! -_-

tuck243
      Participant

versus now…  If Jordan would’ve did all that bull ish now it would be totally different…  Look at his HOF speech and the reaction it got… These aren’t the same times, the media protected players then.  

tuck243
      Participant

versus now…  If Jordan would’ve did all that bull ish now it would be totally different…  Look at his HOF speech and the reaction it got… These aren’t the same times, the media protected players then.  

joe2324
    Participant

Fierce competitors – YES. They were not DICKS to the media

King Calucha
    Participant

I believe some guys confuse being confident with being arrogant and whiny. I like KD, but he’s a bit insecure.

King Calucha
    Participant

I believe some guys confuse being confident with being arrogant and whiny. I like KD, but he’s a bit insecure.

TRC1991
    Participant

Durant is the modern day Bill Russell

A surly, ornery, unfriendly grouch.

tuck243
      Participant

Bill Russell wasn’t a grouch.   I think you need to go read American history for Blacks in this country, especially during that time.  Then go read some of the books on Bill Russell’s legacy, then come back and tell me you think he was a grouch.   Because black athletes during  Bill Russell’s tenure went through OVERT racism.  

tuck243
      Participant

Bill Russell wasn’t a grouch.   I think you need to go read American history for Blacks in this country, especially during that time.  Then go read some of the books on Bill Russell’s legacy, then come back and tell me you think he was a grouch.   Because black athletes during  Bill Russell’s tenure went through OVERT racism.  

TRC1991
    Participant

Durant is the modern day Bill Russell

A surly, ornery, unfriendly grouch.

Cynthia
    Participant

Ever since he got injured he’s become much grumpier and it’s very obvious. I’m not really sure what it is, he needs to wake up though and get the team in the playoffs. His last few games have been good, but overall he’s been kind of disappointing since coming back from the injury. Maybe that’s why he’s frustrated, he’s not playing as good as he expected, and either is the team.

Cynthia
    Participant

Ever since he got injured he’s become much grumpier and it’s very obvious. I’m not really sure what it is, he needs to wake up though and get the team in the playoffs. His last few games have been good, but overall he’s been kind of disappointing since coming back from the injury. Maybe that’s why he’s frustrated, he’s not playing as good as he expected, and either is the team.

young wave
      Participant

Ten minutes in the all star game going 1 for 6 while westbrook was playing his ass off. I know the game is a formality, but it shows you whos heart is in the game right now. I guess hes just off from the injury and is frustrated.

young wave
      Participant

Ten minutes in the all star game going 1 for 6 while westbrook was playing his ass off. I know the game is a formality, but it shows you whos heart is in the game right now. I guess hes just off from the injury and is frustrated.

tuck243
        Participant

So, now KD has 0 heart because he (and the rest of the West I might add) let Russell shoot 28 times in an All-Star game?   Is this what you’re telling me?   

I truly wonder why KD is acting like this……………………………………….

tuck243
        Participant

So, now KD has 0 heart because he (and the rest of the West I might add) let Russell shoot 28 times in an All-Star game?   Is this what you’re telling me?   

I truly wonder why KD is acting like this……………………………………….

young wave
          Participant

tell your boy kd to nut up

young wave
          Participant

tell your boy kd to nut up

Meditated States
    Participant

He can be hated here. Danny make it happen.

Meditated States
    Participant

He can be hated here. Danny make it happen.

sitlbito
    Participant

That’s typically the kind of subject where you can’t just say he’s right or wrong. I’d advise you to chec Ramona Shelburne’s tweets about that. For example she says that Durant,according to many “insiders” or however you call them,is still one of the most houghtful persons,and even when he says something like this,at least you can try to start a discussion and it makes you think about it. This answer came after a question about Brook’s job security ,what do you expect him to say in a crowd of 30 medias?? And then whatever his answer might be,the media will find a way to say “of he said this,he said that”. You can’t blame him for being honest. It’s also a problem with the media saying OKC is regressing,and therefore clearly avoiding the subject of injuries,which has been the main problem this year,period. He’s not 100% right,most of the media are cool(real media) , and the players need them also.

But,look at the interviews this summer of Derrick Rose,where they always asked him questions about his health until he woud drop a bomb like “I think about my son’s graduation” and there the media would say “ohhh that’s stupid,he shouldn’t have said that” while the media di not care a bit about his team. Same think with Garnett,he usually doesn’t speak,seaks just once and the only questions asked are about his buy out. Then he leaves and says”that’s why I don’t talk”.

sitlbito
    Participant

That’s typically the kind of subject where you can’t just say he’s right or wrong. I’d advise you to chec Ramona Shelburne’s tweets about that. For example she says that Durant,according to many “insiders” or however you call them,is still one of the most houghtful persons,and even when he says something like this,at least you can try to start a discussion and it makes you think about it. This answer came after a question about Brook’s job security ,what do you expect him to say in a crowd of 30 medias?? And then whatever his answer might be,the media will find a way to say “of he said this,he said that”. You can’t blame him for being honest. It’s also a problem with the media saying OKC is regressing,and therefore clearly avoiding the subject of injuries,which has been the main problem this year,period. He’s not 100% right,most of the media are cool(real media) , and the players need them also.

But,look at the interviews this summer of Derrick Rose,where they always asked him questions about his health until he woud drop a bomb like “I think about my son’s graduation” and there the media would say “ohhh that’s stupid,he shouldn’t have said that” while the media di not care a bit about his team. Same think with Garnett,he usually doesn’t speak,seaks just once and the only questions asked are about his buy out. Then he leaves and says”that’s why I don’t talk”.

lalaila
    Participant

first off all i haven’t heard that interview full ( it would be nice actually if someone puts a link on here) 

but why you guys always love those who are ‘fake nice guys’ who always talks how he plays only for fans (off course he isn’t) how even after the great game individually they say all that matter you them is that their team won..

all I heard that KD doesn’t care about media I that interviewers aren’t his friend (c’mon they aren’t for sure) and they will love him when it’s good for them but anytime they will find somewhat bad they will make somethink out of it (which is total true because their carrers are based on this)

For me personally.. after being so open and concrete and started to respect him even more.. offcourse it may be a little bit of frustration too, but hey that happens to everyone, and once again like he said: he tries to show celebrities aren’t robots too.

lalaila
    Participant

first off all i haven’t heard that interview full ( it would be nice actually if someone puts a link on here) 

but why you guys always love those who are ‘fake nice guys’ who always talks how he plays only for fans (off course he isn’t) how even after the great game individually they say all that matter you them is that their team won..

all I heard that KD doesn’t care about media I that interviewers aren’t his friend (c’mon they aren’t for sure) and they will love him when it’s good for them but anytime they will find somewhat bad they will make somethink out of it (which is total true because their carrers are based on this)

For me personally.. after being so open and concrete and started to respect him even more.. offcourse it may be a little bit of frustration too, but hey that happens to everyone, and once again like he said: he tries to show celebrities aren’t robots too.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login