This topic contains 20 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar JNixon 13 years, 2 months ago.

• Author
    unlvrebelx
    Participant

my first post was about Andy Ogide…so you know I’m a Mountain West homer…..so along those lines, Kawhi Leonard is by far the most impressive NBA prospect in the league. I like Jimmer…..but he has to do it all (although Jimmer does have some help…and I like their PF Brandon Davies, he still has to carry a huge load). Leonard though, has loads of talent around him, and athletes galore on his roster…..he doesn’t have to carry the team, yet he still does….testament to how great he is. 

SDSU will wipe the floor with BYU on Saturday, and I predict a poor outing for Jimmer…..MWC have started to figure him out a bit….he’s getting points from the FT line, and a few long bombs, but he’s not doing what he was doing a month ago anymore…..we’ll see if I’m right.

One thing I’m certain of, Leonard should be higher on your draft board than Jimmer….no doubt about it….and that’s not a know on Jimmer, but just praise for Kawhi

DanEboy
    Participant

I remember last year Gatorheels was talking up Kawhi when no one else had even heard of him. He was dead on with his prediction.

Gatorheels disappears for loooong stretches. Where is that guy?

unlvrebelx
      Participant

I used to come to NBAdraft.net years ago….when it was just one guy running this site (maybe still is)….and I’d email him all the prospects I knew of…..I didn’t even know they had boards until now….but whoever that guy is/was, he knew what he was saying. I’ve watched Kawhi for 2 years at SDSU….he was excellent last year, but he’s grown leaps and bounds this year….and his outside game is really coming along….not entirely there yet, but you can tell it will be…..

my only knock on Kawhi is he’s a tweener…..but IMO, it could be a good tweener because he’s athletic enough to guard big men and guards…..he’s got the "it" factor though, something special you see in a player that you just know if you see him enough, that he’s going to be really good 

unlvrebelx
      Participant

I used to come to NBAdraft.net years ago….when it was just one guy running this site (maybe still is)….and I’d email him all the prospects I knew of…..I didn’t even know they had boards until now….but whoever that guy is/was, he knew what he was saying. I’ve watched Kawhi for 2 years at SDSU….he was excellent last year, but he’s grown leaps and bounds this year….and his outside game is really coming along….not entirely there yet, but you can tell it will be…..

my only knock on Kawhi is he’s a tweener…..but IMO, it could be a good tweener because he’s athletic enough to guard big men and guards…..he’s got the "it" factor though, something special you see in a player that you just know if you see him enough, that he’s going to be really good 

DanEboy
    Participant

I remember last year Gatorheels was talking up Kawhi when no one else had even heard of him. He was dead on with his prediction.

Gatorheels disappears for loooong stretches. Where is that guy?

flyboy
    Participant

I think Jimmer will have a role in the league, but will NOT be as good as some say. Not a Curry level player. With that said, Leonard’s game currently is about 80% athleticism, if not more. His skill level isn’t at a level right now to play at the NBA. If I were him I wouldn’t put my name in the draft. Leonard has more potential solely because of his athletic ability and body, but Jimmer is the better player currently.

flyboy
    Participant

I think Jimmer will have a role in the league, but will NOT be as good as some say. Not a Curry level player. With that said, Leonard’s game currently is about 80% athleticism, if not more. His skill level isn’t at a level right now to play at the NBA. If I were him I wouldn’t put my name in the draft. Leonard has more potential solely because of his athletic ability and body, but Jimmer is the better player currently.

unlvrebelx
      Participant

You lost a little credibility with that post…..Leonard’s athletic, but his game isn’t 80% athleticism. If you were him….and you knew you’d be in the lottery, you wouldn’t put your name in the draft. LMFAO….I can’t even believe you’d think this, let alone say it out loud. Leonard is the real deal….he’s got fine tuning to do…..but he’s NBA ready IMO.  I guess we’ll see…..

unlvrebelx
      Participant

You lost a little credibility with that post…..Leonard’s athletic, but his game isn’t 80% athleticism. If you were him….and you knew you’d be in the lottery, you wouldn’t put your name in the draft. LMFAO….I can’t even believe you’d think this, let alone say it out loud. Leonard is the real deal….he’s got fine tuning to do…..but he’s NBA ready IMO.  I guess we’ll see…..

flyboy
    Participant

Leonard is late lottery-mid first on most mock drafts. He could bump that up, I don’t think he would be drafted top 10 right now if the draft happened, but he very well could be once he gains further development. He’s not sold in being in the lottery currently. He’s a guy I think isn’t ready skill wise but then again, could decide to come out with the draft up in the air in terms of who is coming out, the fact his style of play fits the NBA better with more spacing, and that his iron is hot right now, and he could decide to strike when it is. As for his game, he mostly relies on athletic ability to do the things he does. Struggles to shoot, struggles to put the ball on the floor consistently effectively, fundamentals are hit and miss defensively. What is his role in the NBA on offense? Until that question is answered, he’s going to have a cloud over his head a bit.

flyboy
    Participant

Leonard is late lottery-mid first on most mock drafts. He could bump that up, I don’t think he would be drafted top 10 right now if the draft happened, but he very well could be once he gains further development. He’s not sold in being in the lottery currently. He’s a guy I think isn’t ready skill wise but then again, could decide to come out with the draft up in the air in terms of who is coming out, the fact his style of play fits the NBA better with more spacing, and that his iron is hot right now, and he could decide to strike when it is. As for his game, he mostly relies on athletic ability to do the things he does. Struggles to shoot, struggles to put the ball on the floor consistently effectively, fundamentals are hit and miss defensively. What is his role in the NBA on offense? Until that question is answered, he’s going to have a cloud over his head a bit.

RUDEBOY_
    Participant

……

RUDEBOY_
    Participant

……

BKKnicksfan
    Participant

Kawhi Leonard reminds me of Shawn Marion. He’s long, his jumper probably isn’t NBA ready, but he should be able to rebound at a good pace and defend well in the NBA.

BKKnicksfan
    Participant

Kawhi Leonard reminds me of Shawn Marion. He’s long, his jumper probably isn’t NBA ready, but he should be able to rebound at a good pace and defend well in the NBA.

sammybuckeye13
    Participant

I’ve only seen Leonard play a few times but he has really impressed me, reminds me of Gerald Wallace. If he cultivates that jumper he could help an NBA team right away with his tenacity, rebounding ability, athleticism and versatility.

sammybuckeye13
    Participant

I’ve only seen Leonard play a few times but he has really impressed me, reminds me of Gerald Wallace. If he cultivates that jumper he could help an NBA team right away with his tenacity, rebounding ability, athleticism and versatility.

RUDEBOY_
    Participant

lol

RUDEBOY_
    Participant

lol

JNixon
    Participant

Leonard can defend and rebound, and he’s a VERY underrated playmaker. He’s a good prospect, and he’ll probably be able to play immediately because of his effort and athleticism. He needs to continue to get better as a shooter and ball-handler, but he’s going to be a very good player in the NBA down the line.

Watching Leonard play the other day, my friend said "Kawhi Leonard is a 6’7 version of Paul Harris that used to go to Syracuse." I LOVED that comparison, and IMO if Harris was 6’7 he’d be an alright NBA player.

JNixon
    Participant

Leonard can defend and rebound, and he’s a VERY underrated playmaker. He’s a good prospect, and he’ll probably be able to play immediately because of his effort and athleticism. He needs to continue to get better as a shooter and ball-handler, but he’s going to be a very good player in the NBA down the line.

Watching Leonard play the other day, my friend said "Kawhi Leonard is a 6’7 version of Paul Harris that used to go to Syracuse." I LOVED that comparison, and IMO if Harris was 6’7 he’d be an alright NBA player.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login