This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar Hitster 6 months ago.

• Author
    NorrinRaddNorrinRadd
    NorrinRadd
    Participant

He’s going off right now… he’s doing it all, draining 3s and can maybe go for 70+ points at this rate…

NorrinRaddNorrinRadd
    NorrinRadd
    Participant

Didn’t see Embiid do his earlier, wondering who will have the better game statistically speaking…

NorrinRaddNorrinRadd
    NorrinRadd
    Participant

Looks like Embiid had statistically better game. Didn’t see that one, will have to on replay though. KAT just went off… then ran out of gas. Minnesota blew that game.

Hitster
    Participant

Embiid was exceptional and it was fun to see him vs Wemby. KAT was on fire for the first 3 quarters but only got 4 points in the final quarter so his amazing effort was all for nothing. When I saw he was on nearing 60 points after 3 quarters I was wondering how high up the all time list after Wilt and Kobe he might get.

But it was Embeast who had the career night and broke the franchise record and also got to joint 12th on the all time individual game score list.

Quite surprising AI didn’t have a 70 point game in his stellar scoring career given he carried the 76ers for many years. MJ often had games won or the likes of Pippen around him so that somewhat explains why he doesn’t have more entries on the list.

There does seem to be more 60 plus point games in the last 5 years or so as if you take all those and Wilt out the rest of the list is pretty exclusive.

1+
      NorrinRaddNorrinRadd
      NorrinRadd
      Participant

Yeah, that’s what it appeared to me too. I only caught the highlights of the 76ers game… but wow! The T’Wolves game I was watching on silent with music playing and looked up and it was like every time I looked up KAT was hitting a 3. Then I tuned into the 2nd half and realized what Embiid did… was kind of bummed that I had stuff to do instead of watch that game. Sheesh, pretty historic happening on the same night though.

1+
    NorrinRaddNorrinRadd
    NorrinRadd
    Participant

Another crazy night tonight in the NBA… Booker and Luka… somewhat de ja vu.

Hitster
    Participant

Sady my Suns lost despite Devin’s huge effort. But last night was about Luka it was the highest scoring individual; performance in 18 years since Kobe’s 81 point game and ironically on what would have been Kobe’s birthday.

It does make me wonder is the game now becoming much more scoring based with all these high points tallies and what would a peak MJ, Kobe etc have done if they were playing currently.

It will be interesting to see how many more high individual games we get and if someone in a perfect storm tight game which might go to OT could possibly get towards 80 points.

1+

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login