This topic contains 18 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar billyk 15 years ago.

• Author
    Al-Farouq Aminu
    Participant

People criticize Josh for throwing that b/ the leg dunk:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=Apr4083QrGBAC9QZwpt9hRy8vLYF?slug=aw-smithhawks050209&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

But Josh did nothing wrong, because the Hawks were leading by 20 points. The Heat won game 6, but that has almost nothing to do with Smith’s dunk in game 5.
    People who critize him need to back off, because Josh is a dunker and a great contributor, and he can do whatever he wants. Otherwise, without creativity, how can the NBA be so exciting !!!

If he had made that dunk, then it would have been one of the greatest plays of all time:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EprveDGVBA

eprizzle14
    Participant

Aminu just stop it. Greatest plays of all time? I think youre the worst poster of all time.

cprizz15
    Participant

it’s just ridiculous to even say that aminu, i saw the LeBron James do that in a game at the high school level. it should be called one of the most embarassing plays for not being able to complete the dunk

Citrusiswow
    Participant

COme on Smith knows it was show off and didn’t care. Heat hater!

sheltwon3
    Participant

It is amazing how grown men can be so sensitive about little things like this. Wade is a great player but the was a weak move to cry to the media about that missed dunk and people celebrating. I hope Heat lose because of this. I am not a Heat hater because let’s be real it is not like they will be Lebron nem.

billyk
    Participant

That was a dumb play by Smith (he could have done a windmill or reverse), he is lucking he wasnt playing in the 70’s,80’s or early 90’s because he would have gotten HURT the next game…. Sheltwon, its not about being sensitive its about RESPECT of the game and your opponent, those players take that stuff serious especially back in the day.

michaelds911
    Participant

I thought it showed his super human athleticism. He basically walked to the rim and still almost made it. In dunk contest other people barely make it with a running start.

Meditated States
    Participant

It would have been the shizz if he made it. I wish he made that dunk you dont even know lol. Do your thing Josh just make it next time kid.

Al-Farouq Aminu
    Participant

eprizzle14 and cprizz15,

What Lebron did in HS was only damn HS basketball, what Smith did showed that he had the confidence and creativity, and they are the things that sports need. If everyone where to play safe, than what do us fans look in the entertatinment ???

The8thDeadlySin
    Participant

He missed the dunk. All that showed is that he is an ass.

jsdghifadgfuiogjkaghsdauig
      Participant

I was laughing too hard when he missed that dunk…he is an ass for that. 😀 anywho, Joshua Smith from Kentwood Highschool in Washington is the man, please correct urself whoever made this forum. Lol. Not the man in the Hawks uni. Lol.

Wälse
    Participant

i was thoroughly entertained by that attempt, and thats what counts!

jsdghifadgfuiogjkaghsdauig
    Participant

LMAO! “If he had made that dunk, then it would have been one of the greatest plays of all time” ????? Just stop it please! LMAO! this is the funniest post on nbadraft.net so far! XD

sheltwon3
    Participant

That was a dumb play by Smith (he could have done a windmill or reverse), he is lucking he wasnt playing in the 70’s,80’s or early 90’s because he would have gotten HURT the next game…. Sheltwon, its not about being sensitive its about RESPECT of the game and your opponent, those players take that stuff serious especially back in the day.

I am responding to this comment. I don’t know what you mean about the respect thing. If you lose a game and someone does a highlight dunk well is a legal basketball move. Those are men on the court not WNBA players. Crying about something like that is a punk move. I don’t care about some special hugs group that play in the NBA today that want to get cuddled. He should have kept quiet even if he was upset about that and just brought it to the court. Players crying to the media is weak. I can understand knocking the refs because that suc ks but crying about a missed highlight dunk and some celebrations. I would say this to his face that he need to replace his tanpon and go see Oprah. I will say that in the old days no one would be whining. Also aint noone on the Miami team but maybe Haslem that could mess with Smith anyway so if it was the old NBA Dwayne Wade would have gone down in game one and that would be it. He would not be going to the hole like he did.

billyk
    Participant

Sure I guess, but believe me if Smith was playing aganist any of the playoff teams in those era’s I mentioned above he would have gotten “HANDS PUT ON HIM.” The NBA players now are a bunch pre madonna’s the playoffs used to be no joke, showboating like that wouldnt have worked out too well with the opposing teams…. I could just imgained what would have happened to him if that was aganist Ewing’s Knicks (Mason or Oakely would have flagrant foul him the first chance they had the next game)……..

sheltwon3
    Participant

That is true but if he is a big boy than he can take. Don’t act like MJ didn’t get some nice slams on the Knicks. I also know about him getting beat up by the Bad Boy Pistons. My thing is still the same, that is how they should handle it not crying after that game. When you are on the court especially the playoffs, you should be trying to embarrass the other team. You can be nice person but when you get on the court it is war. People need to understand that. In football, people are not saying excuse me and sorry when they hit people. Basketball used to be tough and now it is a bunch of softies.

billyk
    Participant

MJ would have gotten more than slaps if he tried that shit Josh Smith did. My coach in Junior College coach would have told us to lay a guy out if he tried that dunk. Your right you should try to embarrass the other team but “old” NBA he would have gotten layed out for showboating….

nthegoodlife
    Participant

IS A THUG! This could be the dumbest post ever, except for you coach comment!!! WTF?

billyk
    Participant

Naw son my coach is not a THUG, it seems like you are a little SLOW goodlife so let me break it down for you. When I mean “lay a guy out”, I mean we would have been EXTRA physical with a guy like that…. If a dude wants to showboat like that we would have used alot of fouls on him (playing PHYSICAL). Basketball has became to soft like Sheltwon said trust me when I tell you coachs like Pat Riley, Chuck Daley, Phil Jackson wouldnt play that they would have “layed him out” (not literally genius). I guess you and my post got something in common….

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login