This topic contains 9 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by NorrinRaddNorrinRadd NorrinRadd 2 years, 4 months ago.

• Author
    zcnumerouno
    Participant

As a lifelong Wisconsin basketball fan, I’m not used to seeing guys like Johnny Davis here. He has been unbelievable on both ends this year (Wisconsin’s only loss came when he didn’t play). Sometimes I swear I’m watching Devin Booker – he plays a lot like him, with the post game and mid-range game.

Anyone else think he could potentially be a 1st round pick this next draft? Or am I crazy?

4+
    RUDEBOY-
    Participant

facial wise he looks alot like jalen suggs….

1+
    NorrinRaddNorrinRadd
    NorrinRadd
    Participant

Not sure he’s a lottery pick, but then he did just drop 30 on Houston in a win… He does have what you want in a guard. He could sneak in I suppose or at least in the first round would be a possibility. Definitely an NBA talent…

1+
    OhCanada-
    Participant

Just put the athleticism concerns to rest dunking on Indiana all game. This dudes a legit lotto pick.

1+
      NorrinRaddNorrinRadd
      NorrinRadd
      Participant

Damn… that’s a good call bruh!!! Don’t know if you or anyone caught the game, but he just lit up Jaden Ivey and company to a victory over Purdue. Also, I think there’s a chance Zach Edey goes higher than people think. He’s an absolute beast…

2+
        OhCanada-
        Participant

Edey’s pretty good. He’s a smart, physical and passionate player. I think he has a role in the NBA as a rotation player but it maybe too much to ask him to switch onto a PG for more than 18 minutes a night. Your whole team has to be built around compensating for that.

1+
          NorrinRaddNorrinRadd
          NorrinRadd
          Participant

Edey would be a very dominant situational player for sure. Could Davis catch Ivey in a draft board?

OhCanada-
            Participant

I just saw the highlights…Ouch. You saw the game, I’ve been watching alot of his games. I mean…do you really think Ivey is a better player than Davis? Nothing against Ivey but I just don’t.

I think even if Davis scoring/shooting goes away he’s always competing. Like Josh Hart. He gets matched up against a bigman he’s gonna put a body on him, he might lose those matchups but he always competes. Some guards dont bother rebounding. He does it all and he still has that silky smooth offensive game. He isn’t as athletic as Ivey but he plays an athletic game, attacking all the time.

Yeah I’m sold on Johnny Davis. Convinced he gets picked in the lottery probably in the same tier as Mathurin and Ivey right now.

2+
              NorrinRaddNorrinRadd
              NorrinRadd
              Participant

100% agree. I have him in the same tier too.

BothTeamsPlayedHard-BothTeamsPlayedHard-
    BothTeamsPlayedHard-
    Participant

I didn’t catch the Indiana game, but caught a few during the Thanksgiving tournaments. He has gotten a lot better, and it really good. I wouldn’t get caught up in placing him yet simply because it is still too early to dismiss the numerous freshmen/1st year eligible players who have not transitioned to a higher level yet. The Wisconsin system is going to limit him somewhat in his ability to showcase his athleticism simply because they don’t get up and down much. He is putting up numbers, but because he is operating within the structure of their offense it can come off as less impressive to some. He is probably not the 6’5″ he is listed at, but seems to have a big wingspan and enough athleticism for how polished he is at both ends.

2+

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login