This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar Scrooge McDuck 2 years, 6 months ago.

• Author
    canadabasketballisrisingcanadabasketballisrising
    canadabasketballisrising
    Participant

John Wall is not the same Allstar player from 4 years ago, but he is still a productive starting point guard who could help most teams. The reason why he’s on the market is the rockets are rebuilding, and with his 40 plus a year contract, it is going to be hard to trade him. Rockets would be happy with any trade that they don’t have to include picks to get rid of his contract. The clippers are stuck in win now mode with all the picks they traded to get paul george- clippers have to go all in for right now.
    The clippers have needed a play marking point guard for years now- and wall is very good on defence still too.

Rockets get; 2 young players (25 or under): Kennard, Zubac, and then Bledsoe’s contract (less than a 1/3 of walls)
    Clippers get- John Wall in hopes of making their own big 3, with a big upgrade at pg. Plus chemsitry- wall is good friends with George.

Wall, George, Kawhi (Batum until back), Morris, Ibaka.
    Jackson, Mann, Batum, (re-sign cousins or Leonard). Fillers who can shoot.
    Very solid top 9 for the playoffs. Wall is also good help until kawhi returns.
    Clippers need to take a gamble- they are not winning with what they have now versus the lakers, nets, and probably few other teams.

who says no??

2+
    canadabasketballisrising
    Participant

idea****

RUDEBOY-
    Participant

finally there is life form on this site..its been crickets!! i’ve been checking for 5 days to see something new on here or word about the draft…..lol

that 91 million dollars for the next 2 yrs for an injury prone player is something i’ll say no to if im a gm…wall played well last season averaging 20 pts/7assts..he can help help some teams,he’s an underrated defender & an offensive threat…but that contract is an albatross!!

but as we’ve seen several times in the past, deals for players with huge contracts can still get done…….i think bledsoe can be traded after october 15… clippers appear to be the destination that makes sense..clippers will have their version of a big 3 kawhi,george & wall…..right now jackson(who is actually a shooting guard) and 2nd round pick jason preston r the only point guards on the roster….the pacers,new orleans is another team that could use him…maybe they have to involve a 3rd team….okc might jump in…

2+
    canadabasketballisrising
    Participant

as imuch of an albatross as that contract for wall is- he’s worth more than bledsoe, and kennard… zubac will hurt- but the clippers will not win as is- all 3 basically equal that contract… and they might as well gamble to win… they wont have the assets for a lillard, beal or lavine because of the paul george trade..

1+
    RUDEBOY-
    Participant

maybe the mavs? they failed to make any real upgrades this off season.dont count out the cavs…..a package including colin sexton and kevin love

1+
    BothTeamsPlayedHard-BothTeamsPlayedHard-
    BothTeamsPlayedHard-
    Participant

The contract makes it tough. He showed some life last year, but moving two years and something like $90 million is tough. Most playoff teams have an established point, and don’t have $40 million salaries of players they want to move. Most rebuilding teams have invested in a young point guard or ball dominant lead guard in recent years. I don’t see where he can go unless he takes a buyout. With $90 million to go, I’m not sure Wall will be willing to take too much of a haircut on what he is owed.

1+
    OhCanada-
    Participant

I’m a huge fan of John Wall but he’s never played on a good basketball team. His best teammate has been Bradley Beal. It would be a new experience for him playing next to Kawhi and PG, would this work? I’m sure now in his 30’s having being away from competition for a couple years and traded to a team blatantly tanking he would appreciate being on a competitive team and try his best to co-exist/fix his career.

This is probably the best the Clippers can do. I’d pull the trigger if I were them. But I would try to get a bit more out of it. Maybe trade Ibaka instead of Zubac since they will need someone at the C position. Serge’s back problems seem to be serious. Get Houston to throw in KJ Martin or Jesean Tate? Tate was probably a top 5 rookie last year so that maybe too much.

1+
    Scrooge McDuck
    Participant

I would think Houston has to throw in multiple first rounders. It’s been years since Wall was healthy

1+

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login