This topic contains 12 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar Platypus 12 years, 11 months ago.

• Author
    JoeWolf1

This is my 3rd mock so far, mocks at this time can seem a little strange, I try to pair some players with teams that have worked them out and obviously the workouts aren’t finished.

Here is my explanation for Charlotte’s first pick that may raise some eyebrows

#9, Jimmer Fredette – Paul Silas has said 3 point shooting and a backup point guard are two needs that Charlotte hopes to address in the draft. They could get both in Jimmer and Jordan has seemed to favor prolific college players.

Any feedback or criticism is welcome.

delfam
    Participant

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/213952/Bobcats_Looking_For_Athleticism_Outside_Shooting_In_Draft

he wants 3 shooting and athleticism. I know Burks doesn’t have a great shot but he’s improving and I feel he might fit in perfect there, the only thing is he plays the same position as Gerald Henderson so I’m not sure.

JoeWolf1

Yeah, I hear you, but Jimmer can give you 3 point shooting from day 1, and to me Burks seems to bring a lot of the same things to the table Henderson does.  They are both athletic SG’s who are athletic, don’t stretch the floor with a 3 point shot and have good mid range games.  I just think they’re too similar ( although Burks is a better transition player, and Henderson has a better mid range game) to work well together.

Platypus
    Participant

Portland has roy and fernandez and matthews why do they draft another shooing guard. 

why would cleveland pass up on kanter

golden state just drafted udoh for the same reason they would draft biyombo

why wouldnt boston go center

hornets are going big or a scoring 2 to replace thorton

BasketballGuru

joeywulf:

"They are both athletic SG’s who are athletic…"

LOLZ!

JoeWolf1

Good questions symbol, thats why I do these, to share my thoughts and get input from others

It seems Boston may be looking for a 4 to stretch the floor and 25 is too high for Benson, IMO.  Vucevic may be a possibility here but that was just my thought process

Good point about GSW, I had him there as a potential replacement for Beiredens

A lot of my 2nd round right now are just players I think will get drafted, the early 2nd has some thought behind a lot of the picks, players that have worked out with certain teams etc… but by the middle it’s my BPA in a lot of cases.  Thanks for the Liggins criticism, now that I think about it, his ceiling is a guy like Arize, IMO, who NO already has.

the27guy
    Participant

I like it Joe. You’ve got some uniqueness to your mock, which is refreshing.

I’ll be super surprised if Vesely goes before Kanter. Heck, I’ll be surprised if Kanter is not gone by three. 

I also don’t see Singleton falling that far. I won’t be surprised if he’s gone in the top 10, and I’ll be very surprised if he lasts past the lottery.

I think Jimmer to the Bobcats is a good pick. Wouldn’t surprise me a bit.

BasketballGuru

so…. you’d be surprised?  hahahahahahahha

SwatLakeCity
    Participant

What’s with the Klay Thompson pick at 12? They absolutely need someone to replace AK. He is gone next year. No way he is coming back and no one and I mean no one will be able to replace on him the current roster. (Unless Hayward or Miles suddenly grow 2 inches and also gain 2 inches in thier respective wingspans and suddenly become very good defensively, in other words not gonna happen)

Utah has to replace AK through the draft, otherwise they won’t be able to replace him at all. Why must they do it through the draft because their might not be an offseason this year with a lockout soon to come next month. If Utah does not draft someone to replace AK with the 3rd pick (which is very possible) then they have to do it with the 12th pick otherwise they will be in a big hole. With that being said Singleton and Tobias Harris are both possible jazz picks at 12. This is why I am becoming more and more convinced that Utah will not draft a SG this year. Hayward can start at the 2 and be just as good as Klay Thompson would be if not, better.

BasketballGuru

wardb12

"They absolutely need someone to replace AK"

" No way he is coming back and no one and I mean no one will be able to replace on him the current roster."

"Utah has to replace AK through the draft, otherwise they won’t be able to replace him at all."

"If Utah does not draft someone to replace AK with the 3rd pick"

soo.. u think they needa replace AK?

StewieStoney
    Participant

Utah needs to do alot of things, some of which may not happen. I agree Utah would want to draft a SF, but if its not Derrick Williams,  I would say take Kanter and Fredette (no im not a BYU fan AT ALL) and move Hayward to SF, he is 6’8" after all. 

Gotta remember Hayward is bigger than people give him credit for. Go back and look at the combine results from last year, Hayward was very impressive compared to the other players drafted at his position. 

So IMHO, if D-Will 2.0 is not on the board at three(and i hope he will be), I think Utah should go with a good big man and let Hayward show if he can do it.

Platypus
    Participant

i’m thinkin swap brooks and faried

Portland: they could use the big man depth, just look at aldridge’s back ups…

miller – matthews – wallace – aldridge – camby

mills – roy / fernandez – batum – faried – 2nd rounder

Washington: they have Blatche and they also drafted booker last year

Wall – Young – Leonard – Blatche – Mcgee

2nd rounder – brooks – lewis – booker – N’Daiye

Platypus
    Participant

i’m thinkin swap brooks and faried

Portland: they could use the big man depth, just look at aldridge’s back ups…

miller – matthews – wallace – aldridge – camby

mills – roy / fernandez – batum – faried – 2nd rounder

Washington: they have Blatche and they also drafted booker last year

Wall – Young – Leonard – Blatche – Mcgee

2nd rounder – brooks – lewis – booker – N’Daiye

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login