This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by NorrinRaddNorrinRadd NorrinRadd 2 years, 1 month ago.

• Author
    Dazzling Dunks and Basketball Bloopers
    Participant

I am a bit higher on his draft stock than I think most people seem to be. I love his versatility, particularly on the defensive end of all the floor. He moves extremely well for a player his size. Has the ability to switch onto guards and the size to hold his own against most bigs, even if he doesn’t necessarily project as much of a rim protector. He has a strong frame already, and could potentially add even more muscle without sacrificing quickness. Offensively, he is a little more of a work in progress, but he seems to have a pretty diverse skillset and feel for the game. He can put the ball on the floor and get to the rim and seems to have pretty good natural instincts when it comes to reading the defense and passing the ball. The jump shot will no doubt need to improve, and that will probably determine his overall ceiling, but he has at least shown the ability and willingness to take and make outside shots. He” probably never be a go to option on offense and I’d say he probably projects more as a high end rotation player, but in the right circumstances those types of guys can be just as valuable as stars. Most projections seem to view him as more of a low first round pick but I think he could be a steal in that range, and I’d consider him late in the lottery for the right team. What do you think?

1+
    armchairgmarmchairgm
    armchairgm
    Participant

Don’t know if he comes out this year, but def seems to be fast rising into mid 1st round prospect if he does. Combo forward that can guard post players on the block and wings out on the perimeter, good slasher, needs to become a more consistent shooter but is def a “modern” type NBA player.

1+
    OhCanada-
    Participant

Teams will draft him to play some Center too. 6’9 with a 7’0 wingspan gets it done today. Defensively he reminds me of Precious Achiuwa but hes a bit more responsible offensively.

1+
    Zouldiers
    Participant

If anyone from Baylor that intrigues me, it’s probably Kendall Brown. I see his stock rising through combine and workouts should he declare with his size and athleticism. Precious Achiuwa is a solid comparison for Jeremy Sochan though.

1+
    Dazzling Dunks and Basketball Bloopers
    Participant

Achiuwa isn’t a terrible comp, although I think he has a much higher offensive ceiling, due to his passing and ability to make plays off the dribble. I see a little Boris diaw like characteristics to his game as well (not necessarily the diaw from his spurs days) but the younger more athletic version from Phoenix.

1+
      NorrinRaddNorrinRadd
      NorrinRadd
      Participant

He definitely has Diaw on the Suns defense or maybe better. But his offense isn’t quite there yet.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login