This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar Wetalkinboutpractice 3 years, 5 months ago.

• Author
    goddag
    Participant

If one thing good came out of the draft for me was the Timberwolves not giving up on Jarrett Culver and trading him. HIs play last year was a 2 part season. He really looked out of place the first couple of months, but after New Years he looked completely different player. Where he looked timid and really not sure of where he should be positioned the first 2 months he looked so much more confident the second half of the season. Everything looked so much better from him, from 3 point shooting to defense. So having him start the season being confident and knowing what he needs to do right away will be a big difference with him and the team. And having Ricky back with the team will be another big deal to help the team improve. Thibs the dinosaur should have never gotten rid of him. Jeff Teague was not and never will be an improvement over RR. For all you NY fans good luck having him as your coach standing on the sidelines yelling the whole game.
    As for the draft, I’m not excited about taking Edwards, in fact I’m just as excited about them taking McDaniels as him. And I think with Bolmaro staying overseas one more year should really help him improve.

1+
    dmo21
    Participant

Things don’t look too good for Culver. Minny has a log jam at the guard positions and it seems like he’s kind of at the back end of it. I’m figuring they’ll start Rubio and Russell, with the other one manning the point when the other sits. Edwards will probably be first man up as they just took him first overall. There are still rumblings that they will sign Beasley, so you need to give him quality minutes at the 2 spot if you’re going to pay him. Then they also have Okogie who brings some defense and was getting more burn than Culver last year. Looking at that, it puts Culver pretty far down the pecking order. The one thing going for him is that he has more size than the rest of those guys. So maybe they plug him at the small forward position in a 3 guard lineup as they don’t really have anyone at that position (Layman and Juancho if resigned??).

I think they would have traded him on draft night if they found the right deal for him as he currently seems to be the odd man out.

3+
    nbarelli
    Participant

Another franchise that has made poor decisions every year, always ending up in the lottery. Players have to hate moving to the north pole knowing they are just going to freeze their ass off and lose games. They need to flush the front office staff and start again.

1+
    Wetalkinboutpractice
    Participant

They just”flushed the front office”

1+

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login