This topic contains 20 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar Hitster 8 years, 4 months ago.

• Author
    Skeating12345
    Participant

While his numbers this year aren’t anything spectacular, I gotta say, this kid is way quicker and much more explosive than I thought he would ever be coming out of Duke. It is even more impressive considering he is coming off a torn ACL.

While his hype has certainly died down because of his injury, I still think this kid has a chance to be an absolute star in the league. Great size, strength, and athleticism, and can be an absolute matchup nightmare at the stretch four. If he can expand his range out to the 3-point line he is going to be an All-star for years to come. Though he is still getting comfortable and readjusting to the pace of an NBA game, I would really like to see him with a bigger role within the Bucks offense in the near future. 

What do you guys think his ceiling is as a player? 

Hitster
    Participant

Jabari has been quiet since he returned from injury but after nearly a year out with an ACL he may still be a bit off the pace and is only playing just over 25mpg since he returned. Also his next game will only be his 50th in the NBA, so he hasn’t played half as many games as someone like Andrew Wiggins has.

We may not see anything spectacular from Jabari this season but next season after a full pre season and nearly 2 years on from the injury he could be a legit MIP contender IMO.

Hitster
    Participant

Jabari has been quiet since he returned from injury but after nearly a year out with an ACL he may still be a bit off the pace and is only playing just over 25mpg since he returned. Also his next game will only be his 50th in the NBA, so he hasn’t played half as many games as someone like Andrew Wiggins has.

We may not see anything spectacular from Jabari this season but next season after a full pre season and nearly 2 years on from the injury he could be a legit MIP contender IMO.

Dazzling Dunks and Basketball Bloopers
    Participant

He has really struggled shooting the ball and seems to have lost confidence, which is somewhat troubling. I agree that he looks great athletically, much better than I anticipated he would after sitting out a full year. I was worried that he would gain a lot of weight because he seems to have that body type. However, he seems to be both stronger and faster now than pre-surgery. He is still getting his game rhythm back though I think and it will probably take some time. I think next season, barring injury, is when we will really see him begin to make strides toward being an elite player, as he was originally predicted to be.

Dazzling Dunks and Basketball Bloopers
    Participant

He has really struggled shooting the ball and seems to have lost confidence, which is somewhat troubling. I agree that he looks great athletically, much better than I anticipated he would after sitting out a full year. I was worried that he would gain a lot of weight because he seems to have that body type. However, he seems to be both stronger and faster now than pre-surgery. He is still getting his game rhythm back though I think and it will probably take some time. I think next season, barring injury, is when we will really see him begin to make strides toward being an elite player, as he was originally predicted to be.

Robb_CRobb_C
    Robb_C
    Participant

He reminds me a bit of a young Glenn Robinson, both have very similar skill sets both big but great in transition..

Robb_CRobb_C
    Robb_C
    Participant

He reminds me a bit of a young Glenn Robinson, both have very similar skill sets both big but great in transition..

NBAjunkie81
    Participant

former self – physically & his confidence…. But he’s so young & I really think he’s a Stud…… The Freak & Parker will be a formiddable tandem & I luv the upside…..

NBAjunkie81
    Participant

former self – physically & his confidence…. But he’s so young & I really think he’s a Stud…… The Freak & Parker will be a formiddable tandem & I luv the upside…..

Jr. ROXAS
    Participant

I honestly think if he were drafted by the Sixers or the Jazz he would have a much better start to his career right now. I’ve been saying it to my friends all the time, he is like the most misused player in the league. J-Kidd has him playing the 4 and he never gets the ball except when he cuts to the basket. Kidd has Middleton and MCW dominating the ball 80% of the possesion. Even Giannis does not get the ball often. Kidd has to realize he has two gifted offensive players who pose mismatches every time for the opponent. There was one game vs the Cavs where KIdd finally just gave the two the ball in iso situations and they were dominating.

Jabari has one of the best handles for an SF/PF in the L but never is given the chance to use it. He is one of the strongest and quickest(first-step) in the league but is just left there standing in the corner for most of the Bucks possesions. Kidd HAS to use this guy more. He is not just a cutter ala T.J Warren. Give him the ball and let him create. You’re team’s not winning anyways so you got to try new stuff out. Much better than having MCW dribbling the whole possesion thinking on wheter to pass or shoot but when he shoots, bricks these off-balance floaters he always takes.

Jr. ROXAS
    Participant

I honestly think if he were drafted by the Sixers or the Jazz he would have a much better start to his career right now. I’ve been saying it to my friends all the time, he is like the most misused player in the league. J-Kidd has him playing the 4 and he never gets the ball except when he cuts to the basket. Kidd has Middleton and MCW dominating the ball 80% of the possesion. Even Giannis does not get the ball often. Kidd has to realize he has two gifted offensive players who pose mismatches every time for the opponent. There was one game vs the Cavs where KIdd finally just gave the two the ball in iso situations and they were dominating.

Jabari has one of the best handles for an SF/PF in the L but never is given the chance to use it. He is one of the strongest and quickest(first-step) in the league but is just left there standing in the corner for most of the Bucks possesions. Kidd HAS to use this guy more. He is not just a cutter ala T.J Warren. Give him the ball and let him create. You’re team’s not winning anyways so you got to try new stuff out. Much better than having MCW dribbling the whole possesion thinking on wheter to pass or shoot but when he shoots, bricks these off-balance floaters he always takes.

Espresso
    Participant

I commented several times when he was at Duke that I am in love with his mechanics and I expected him to be one of the best shooters in the NBA in a similar mold to Camelot Anthony. I did not expect him to struggle shooting from deep. Not much has changed as I still think his mechanics are pure, 100% soft touch, and I expect him to start dropping those at a higher clip very soon.

Espresso
    Participant

I commented several times when he was at Duke that I am in love with his mechanics and I expected him to be one of the best shooters in the NBA in a similar mold to Camelot Anthony. I did not expect him to struggle shooting from deep. Not much has changed as I still think his mechanics are pure, 100% soft touch, and I expect him to start dropping those at a higher clip very soon.

Hitster
    Participant

MCW is a PG so he needs to handle the ball, with other guys like Middleton, Greek Freak, Jabari also being talented ball carriers and Monroe as their big signing, the Bucks have to work out their plays and distribute the ball.

The good thing about having a lot of guys who can use the ball is it gives them options but also means that everyone has to be a good off the ball player too.

Giannis and Jabari should hopefully be interchangeable at SF and PF given their size and skillsets and it could be that in time they may flip positions.

Hitster
    Participant

MCW is a PG so he needs to handle the ball, with other guys like Middleton, Greek Freak, Jabari also being talented ball carriers and Monroe as their big signing, the Bucks have to work out their plays and distribute the ball.

The good thing about having a lot of guys who can use the ball is it gives them options but also means that everyone has to be a good off the ball player too.

Giannis and Jabari should hopefully be interchangeable at SF and PF given their size and skillsets and it could be that in time they may flip positions.

PulseGlazer
    Participant

MCW is a bad point guard, so he needs to run the second unit until he gets better.  Jabari, on the other hand, can be a mid level star (i.e. not trancendant like Lebron and the like), a la Melo or the Big Dog.  He’s got to work on extending his range to three and making quicker decisions, but I like what I see.

PulseGlazer
    Participant

MCW is a bad point guard, so he needs to run the second unit until he gets better.  Jabari, on the other hand, can be a mid level star (i.e. not trancendant like Lebron and the like), a la Melo or the Big Dog.  He’s got to work on extending his range to three and making quicker decisions, but I like what I see.

123BballMaster
    Participant

I agree with what someone said earlier, I think he and the Greek Freak are being misused by JKidd somewhat. Anytime I watch the Bucks I get so upset when I see MCW (Who is one the worst PGs in the league; terrible trade by the Bucks) dribbling no where and Middleton shooting tough turn around jumpers in the post like he’s Kobe Bryant. They have a lot of young athletic players and need to play much faster IMO. I’m a huge Duke fan therefore I watched a lot of Jabari, he had a good jump shot in college and you can see that he isn’t even attempting threes now because he lacks confidence. The Bucks are wasting him if they just allow him to stand in the corner, and not isolate him against slower and less athletic PFs. I like JKidd, but he has definitely disappointed this year as coach. Not a huge fan of the Monroe trade either, he is slow footed in D, takes up space on O, and can really only play one style. Season is still young and east is improvrd but idk if they’re gonna make the playoffs. If I were in management, I would tank and allow Gianni’s and Jabari to take over for the rest of the season. They need to draft a PG (Dunn or Murray) get a lot more shooters, and play small more with Giannis at Center surrounded by shooters. 

123BballMaster
    Participant

I agree with what someone said earlier, I think he and the Greek Freak are being misused by JKidd somewhat. Anytime I watch the Bucks I get so upset when I see MCW (Who is one the worst PGs in the league; terrible trade by the Bucks) dribbling no where and Middleton shooting tough turn around jumpers in the post like he’s Kobe Bryant. They have a lot of young athletic players and need to play much faster IMO. I’m a huge Duke fan therefore I watched a lot of Jabari, he had a good jump shot in college and you can see that he isn’t even attempting threes now because he lacks confidence. The Bucks are wasting him if they just allow him to stand in the corner, and not isolate him against slower and less athletic PFs. I like JKidd, but he has definitely disappointed this year as coach. Not a huge fan of the Monroe trade either, he is slow footed in D, takes up space on O, and can really only play one style. Season is still young and east is improvrd but idk if they’re gonna make the playoffs. If I were in management, I would tank and allow Gianni’s and Jabari to take over for the rest of the season. They need to draft a PG (Dunn or Murray) get a lot more shooters, and play small more with Giannis at Center surrounded by shooters. 

Hitster
    Participant

There must be some questionmarks about MCW, we know Hinkie had a draft low – trade high policy but the Suns could have taken MCW direct instead of going in for Knight.

I’d hope that J-Kidd would be able to help refine MCW’s game and essentially make him a pass first PG who can be a useful shooter. With Middleton, Giannis, Jabari and Monroe on court then MCW has a lot of passing options and they can spread the floor.

I still kinda feel that if the Bucks are ever going to be a big force then Jabari may be the guy who has to break out and become a superstar. I’m one of the Greek Freak’s biggest fans but I don’t ever quite see him being a big volume scorer that Jabari could potentially become.

Hitster
    Participant

There must be some questionmarks about MCW, we know Hinkie had a draft low – trade high policy but the Suns could have taken MCW direct instead of going in for Knight.

I’d hope that J-Kidd would be able to help refine MCW’s game and essentially make him a pass first PG who can be a useful shooter. With Middleton, Giannis, Jabari and Monroe on court then MCW has a lot of passing options and they can spread the floor.

I still kinda feel that if the Bucks are ever going to be a big force then Jabari may be the guy who has to break out and become a superstar. I’m one of the Greek Freak’s biggest fans but I don’t ever quite see him being a big volume scorer that Jabari could potentially become.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login